Timeline of Modern Benacia (1680–1684)
From MicrasWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Part of Timeline of Modern Benacia
- Three people die from wrongly exploded fireworks and new year rockets in Mishalan, Elwynn. Local government puts the blame on a culture of misbehaviour and dereliction from Mishalanese working-class suburban youths. Immediate protests in the day against the government's "racist" catagorization of working-class youths across Mishalan. Cudgellers sent in to quell unrest.
- Sanama introduces its new currency the rilha, replacing the Natopian natopo at the rate 1 natopo = 1.45 R$.
- The Sanaman security zone in western Shimmerspring is formally established, transitioning the area from active military occupation to military control.
- 3: New-year's celebrations unrest in Mishalan ended. 621 writs of cudgelling issued and arrests made.
- 4: Council of Eliria ratifies the Northern Tellia Agreement with Tellia and the Unified Governorates. Passes on the same day an act to admit to the Elwynnese Republic a number two new bailiwicks:
- Mittlere Stadt, to be admitted once the Treaty of Mittlere Stadt enters force
- Northern Tellia, to be admitted once the Northern Tellia Agreement enters force (i.e. upon the receipt of change made the MCS Council). The idea behind the Bailiwick of Tellia is that it will remain a bailiwick until local governments can be established in the area. The time plan is until the end of 1680.
- Census to be held in the Bailiwicks of Northern Tellia and Mittlere Stadt within two months of their entry to the Republic. Thereafter electoral rolls to be created for local elections, planned for the fourth month after their entry to the Republic. Until local government established, the bailiwicks will be governed by the Commission for the Integration of the Bailiwick of Mittlere Stadt and the Commission for the Integration of the Bailiwick of Tellia.
- 5: The largest rural real estate investment trust in Ransenar, the Grand Market Financial Corporation, filed in HM's Court in Goldfield for bankruptcy protection. Grand Market ran into financial difficulties and trading of its stock on the Goldfield Stock Exchange was halted. Grand Market was a real estate investment trust that originated mortgage loans for farms and agribusiness in Ransenar through several operating subsidiaries, Grand Market Bank and the Farm Finance Corporation.
- 25: Factories in Ransenar suffered one of their toughest years in 1679 AN, as demand plunged in the face of regional turmoil, the Second Amokolian War, and an industrial recession. Manufacturers’ business activity during the final months of 1679 AN dropped at one of the fastest rates since Ransenar's independence.
- 1: The effects of the bankruptcy of the Grand Market Financial Corporation are felt in Ransenar as signs of banks in the country refusing to do business with each other emerge: the Bank of Goldfield, the country's 3rd largest bank, starts to block withdrawals from its hedge funds, which are caught up in the heavy securitization of farm, residential, and commercial mortgages in Ransenar. With a lack of liquidity in the economy, it made it impossible for the Bank of Goldfield to determine the present value of the funds.
- 2: An article in the Times of Alduria relating to economic woes in Ransenar posited that "the Ransenari erb was overvalued", noting the key reason as the "continuous rumors of the Sovereign Confederation's courtship with various Benacian entities that has driven up the value of the Sovereign Avak". It suggested the sale of all Ransenari erb investments in the face of declining economic performance. The article ended with "Will the last investor to leave Ransenar please turn off the lights?"
- 16: With reports of instability in the natopo zone, due to different economic circumstances, with especial note to the slowdown in Ransenar, the Council of Eliria commissions an economic study on the reintroduction of the old Elwynnese currency known as florin.
- 18: The first 500 of the total of 166,328 Froyalaners were transferred to Francia. The officials from Eliria who had set in motion the deportation, citing authority from the Commission of Foreign Affairs, were subsequently detained by the garrison of the Fröjaländarläger Malexanderstad when it became apparent that their orders lacked the necessary endorsements of the Commissions for Coordination and Defence. After being transferred into the custody of local law enforcement the officials were subjected to a writ of cudgelling, personally authorised by an incandescently furious Prince, for exceeding their authority by proceeding with deportations ahead of schedule.
- 19: Francia communicates to Elwynn that it suggests the Treaty of Concord to no longer be in force due the fact that Elwynn broke the treaty prior to the Second Amokolian War. Elwynn, surprised as to why, as it considers the war to have been settled by the Norfae Peace Treaty, proposes to reinstate the treaty. Francia declines, proposes instead to renegotiate the treaty. Elwynn pauses the Froyalanish transfer from Fröjaländarläger Malexanderstad until the legal status of relations with Francia has been clarified and mutually agreed between Francia and Elwynn. Elwynn expects the situation to be resolved quickly.
- A Board of Enquiry, empowered by letters patent from the Court of the Prince and writs issued from the Court of Star Chamber, sanctioned the dismissal of the Commissioner of Foreign Affairs and the Inspector of the Quarantine. The two former senior civil servants joined their more junior colleagues in the Dragonsfold Reformatory to await trail for their part in the so-called Malexander Affair.
- With the ouster of the former Commissioner of Foreign Affairs, the decision of Francia to repudiate the Treaty of Concord is reviewed in a fresh light. Relations between Elwynn and Francia would therefore be understood to exist purely within the framework established by the Peace of Norfae and the Treaty of Mittlere Stadt. A telegram addressed to Johan Anderion from the Court of the Prince advised him to instruct the Emperor in Francia that Elwynn would adhere to the timetable set out in articles II and III of the Treaty of Mittlere Stadt, with half of the assembling mass of Froyalaners being deported in advance commencing from the 5th day of the fifth month in the present year, and the remainder to be deported upon the submission of a joint communique from Elwynn and Francia to the Micrasan Cartographic Society notifying of the transfer of sovereignty over Mittlere Stadt to Elwynn.
- The Frankish emperor tells the Elwynnese diplomats that the Norfae Treaty is not under discussion. The Treaty of Concord will be maintained, but points out the flaws in the treaty, which makes follow-up necessary. Elwynn is also expected to adhere to the agreements made and to refrain from all kinds of additional requirements in the implementation of the Treaty of Mittlere Stadt.
- 24: Drak-Modan completes its 8 month siege of Jugensk, the first phase of the Pacification of Eastern Shimmerspring. After Bovic missionaries reported that most of the willing converts had left the city and countryside, fleeing to Drakorda, the Drak-Modani government decided to cut their losses against the entrentched Shimmerspring Republican Guard and began a 2 week period of aerial bombardments of areas outside of the DMDF Control Zones. The city would not be rebuilt, but converted to a large military training and research base with a mission toward partnering with other South Benacian Community states.
- 12: Travellers begin encamping in the fallow fields to the southwest of Maltenstein. The most heavily-armed among them are Laqs with entourages of servants and brothers-in-arms. Many are dressed in fatigues stripped of identifying badges (though some retain rank insignia from the Shimmerspring Republican Guard), and declare themselves Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe ("Headless men", i.e. men who lack allegiance). When asked by city authorities what their business is, they produced leaflets issued in the name of Kaiseress Salome, promising them good fighting and ample pillaging opportunities. The Imperial Court in Shirekeep disavow the leaflets.
- 16: The Elwynnese government commenced a review of the Central Benacian Free Trade Agreement, a tripartite treaty between Elwynn, Francia, and Shireroth, the operation of which had been interrupted in 1678 by the Second Amokolian War and the concurrent closure of the "Inner Amokolian Frontier".
- 17: In the Congressional Counties, Conducator Meqael Mizarierion (AIP) sacks the N&H and Democrat members of his cabinet as a protest to the so-called Judicial Purge conducted in the Commission for Foreign Affairs. Mizarierion, having had for the last few weeks secret negotiations with the Libertarian Party, the Amokolian Freedom Front and the Mishalanski Party for Democratic Socialism, avoids leading a minority government by replacing his sacked ministers with LIB, AFF and MPDS ministers instead. "Congressional Elwynn is now the Nat-Hum opposition. We will fight for a good Elwynn, for the rule of law, and for stable relations with our western neighbours", he announces to the Congress. Mizarierion was roundly condemned by the N&H and DEM parties for "once again falling into the wretched Ayreonist habit of collaborating with and offering comfort to the enemies of the nation all under the guise of some asinine and pretended moral superiority".
- 18: With the rejection by Francia of Elwynn's proposal for the technical implementation of the Treaty of Mittlere Stadt and an unrealistic collection of counter-proposals concerning the revival of the Treaty of Brandenburg and the Treaty of Concord being rejected out of hand by the Court of the Prince, the prospect of exchanging Froyalaners for the occupied bailiwick of Mittlere Stadt within the specified time-frame appeared to recede.
- 20: Two Project 941 nuclear submarines, the charmingly named Mauler and the Menace, departed Marinestation Sabatini in the So-Saran isles of Drak-Modan to conduct a patrol in the southern hemisphere waters of Cibola, and the islands of Caplona, Hypernostria and Sypyr trapped in the southern icecap where a spike in anomalous electromagnetic activity in recent years had been combined with the revelation of a new regional power shrugging off its former seclusion.
- 21: Construction on the Highpass Pipeline completed, connecting the South Benacian Pipeline system to Alalehzamin in Elwynn. The line is scheduled to become operative on 1.V.1680.
- 23: Jamie III, Tabitha IV, Bethany V, and Bernice IV of the House of Octavius arrive in Maltenstein. After displaying a personal letter from Kaiseress Salome, officiating their presence, the three begin requisitioning supplies for the growing encampment, which the new arrivals have taken to calling the Field of H'Graa.
- 10: Drak-Modani forces in Shimmerspring arrest Joshua Ding-Eagle, President of the Republic of Shimmerspring, and leader of the Istvanistani Patriotic Army, along with other members of the IPA top leadership. Ding-Eagle moved to Eriksburg.
- 11: Drak-Modani Grand Chancellor Teimuraz issues a Chancellorial Decree to expel all remaining Goetics from Drak-Modan. This decree brings to an end the informal relationship between Goetia and Drak-Modan that begun during Nathan II's reign during his campaign to bring Kizzy Drakland to justice. The Goetic paramilitary group, Gorillas NF eventually assassinated Kizzy and an uneasy truce of gratitude existed between Drak-Modan and the few Goetics who remained. In his decree, the Chancellor re-emphasizes that demon-worship is abhorrent to the natural order of things and all demon-worshipers should be outed and re-baptized by force or choice into the Bovic faith. The decree allowed for 24 hours for all Goetics to leave Drak-Modani territory before they would be subjected to arrest and charged with crimes against nature.
- 12: The Court of Star Chamber announced a thorough and wide-ranging investigation into the activities of the government of the Congressional Counties of Elwynn following allegations that confiscated assets, formerly the property of the Iron Company and appropriated by the Elwynnese Republic during the Verionist Vespers, had passed into the possession of a holding company owned by a prominent Verionist family.
- 13: At the invitation of the Court of the Prince, troops from Ransenar and the Sovereign Confederation assumed control for the security of the Bailiwick of Fieldburg in Elwynn. Ransenar deployed the 2nd Regiment of Dragoons & 2nd Justiciary Regiment, numbering 2,400 personnel, while the Sovereign Confederation made available a squadron of airborne infantry from the 7th Parachute Division, comprising 120 personnel, with strategic airlift assets drawn from the Confedration's Troop Carrier Command assigned to support the allied deployment.
- 19: The UGB announces its departure, effective as of 01.I.1680, from the Natopo standard with the introduction of an independent currency - the Benacian Sovereign.
- 20: The President of Sanama Keysa Nur Pinito Caprici notifies the Raspur Pact of Sanama's intention of signing the SANE treaty, becoming a full member of the Pact. The measure to accede to the Pact had passed the Lhusan on 8.V.1680 with the vote 383–256. It passed the Senate on 18.V.1680 with the vote 45–40. President Caprici signed the resolution on 19.V.1680.
- 23: President Nur Pinito Caprici signs the SANE treaty in a ceremony in Sanama City, marking the accession of Sanama to the Raspur Pact, following the unanimous consent of the Permanent Commission.
- 5: Francia is preparing the transfer of Mittlere Stadt to Elwynn. Border posts are already placed on the new border and customs posts for the new border crossings.
- 10: President Nur Pinito Caprici conducts her first state visit since assuming office with a visit to the Drak-Modani capital Drakorda where she met with Supreme Judge Clara Sundara and the Grand Chancellor Davit Teimuraz. The discussion mainly concerned demarcation and security in Shimmerspring and a memorandum of understanding was signed. Other discussions regarding trade and free movement took place.
- 19: President Nur Pinito Caprici visits Elwynn and the capital of Eliria. She met with Prince Frederik Haabye Truls as well as other government officials. Discussions concerned trade and the new common border between the countries. A border agreement was signed.
- 24: The international community recognised the transfer of sovereignty over Mittlere Stadt from Francia to Elwynn. Francia duly complains that the recognition is precipitous
- Three columns of Horjin AFVs of the XXIII Combined Arms Corps drive on Mittlere Stadt, each column with 27,638 Froyalaners marching at the fore and 27,638 marching at the rear, under the cover of escorting helicopter gunships the entire length of the journey. The columns show no sign of halting at the old frontier but instead rolled over, with the Froyalaners set to work disassembling obstacles along the route, and showed every sign of continuing on towards the site of the proposed frontier posts along the revised border where the final en mass transfer would take place. In the wake of the UDF deportation columns followed detachments of cudgellers tasked with the setting up the interim administration of Mittlere Stadt overseen by a Commission for Integration of the new bailiwick.
- The Imperial Frankish Army stands on the new border to maintain order. Certainly now that the Kaiser is in their midst to receive the Froyalaners. "Your ordeal is over, you are free here," says the Kaiser. Buses, trains and even planes are ready to spread the Froyalaners across Francia across the various camps. In this way the Froyalaners can recover and prepare for their new life in Francia.
- The Ransenari Minister of Health and Sanitation confirmed the presence of foot and mouth disease in farmland located near the city of Airle. Orders to cull all the livestock in the vicinity were issued immediately, followed by a nationwide ban on the movement of all cattle and pigs with a 3-km (1.9-mi) protection zone placed around the outbreak sites and the nearby virus research and vaccine production establishments, together with a 10-km (6.2-mi) increased surveillance zone.
- 4: President of Sanama Keysa Nur Pinito Caprici visited Punta Santiago for a state visit to Alduria. Alduria, as one of Sanama's most important trading partners, is considered vital in the future development of the Sanaman export industry.
- 5: The recent foot and mouth disease outbreak in Ransenar has caused a mass cull of all at-risk animals in the county of Holwinn, including some of the largest farms in Ransenar. The outbreak has caused the closure of hunting parks across the country to contain deer; which will remain closed for the next three months. Response units from the Ransenari armed forces, the Minister of Health and Sanitation, and the National Health Administration have moved to enforce corrective and preventative measures quickly. This prompted the Ransenari government to send a measure to the Ransenari Congress to deliver direct aid to farmers and agribusiness which earned public praise from leading agribusiness interests and farmer's interest groups. The farmer aid measures passed the Ransenari Congress with strong opposition support.
- 10: Northern Tellia elections conclude.
- 12: Census begins in Mittlere Stadt, Elwynnese citizenship given to all eligible residents. Eligibility includes renouncing Frankish citizenship and being of good character.
- 17: Kaiseress Salome reaches age of majority. Following three days of strict fasting and prayer, Salome was ritually purified and initiated into the Holodomatic School as a syndomate. She and her retinue then processed to the Great Hall of Raynor's Keep for her to make oaths and be invested in the full authority of the Golden Mango Throne. The remaining members of the Landsraad attended in order to swear their allegiance. Following this, Salome thanked her regent and steward for their faithful years of service, appointed three new members to the Landsraad, and named Chrysostom Wythe her new Steward.
- 19: Rumours in Ransenar have it that the government is planning a coronation for Queen Salome, some opposition politicians quoted saying that a coronation would be the government's way to hide from the economic crisis in Ransenar.
- 20: The government of Talenore confirms Salome of being of age, and congratulates her on her accession to the throne.
- 23: Landsraad confirms the appointment of Chrysostom Wythe, Lord Holly-Wythe, as new Steward.
- 24: With the ongoing economic crisis in Ransenar threatening to cause mass failure or near-failure of major financial institutions like Grand Market Financial Corporation and the Bank of Goldfield, Lord High Steward Sean O'Callaghan presents to the Ransenari Congress a wide-ranging package of economic reforms as well as a program to purchase distressed assets from Ransenari financial institutions. The economic rescue package will also include the abandonment of the Ransenari erb's currency peg to the Sovereign Avak, as well as a large program to help the agribusiness sector stay economically afloat and a program to help landowners refinance their mortgages. A moratorium on foreclosures and freezing of rate hikes in mortgages was also included in the plan. The proposal was initially rejected by opposition groups in the Ransenari Congress, but the ongoing financial crisis and the heavy lobbying of Regent and Lord Protector Ruadh Aldric ultimately convinced the Ransenari Congress to enact the proposal.
- 25: Kaiseress Salome travels to Maltenstein to formally distribute estates to her newly-minted Landsraad members from the Imperial Endowments and meet with the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe. Following a lengthy feast in the Kaiseress's tent, the camp leaders negotiate and agree to a contract of military service rather than to swear allegiance outright. They point to Salome's youth and lack of military valor for their hesitation. Training instructors from the Palatini Corps are ordered to report to Maltenstein to weed through the aspirants, begin training with those who are most qualified and honorable, and organize them into a usable force.
- 1: The government of the Congressional Counties announce a municipal reform, to enter force on 1.I.1681, whereby smaller bailiwicks will be merged with other bailiwicks. This is to ensure that all bailiwicks can afford to perform its functions. The bailiwicks affected are:
- Amun Aranui merged into Vattnaminne
- Karman Jomrim merged into Rikardstad
- Zionebaake and Nyå merged into Michaelion
- Elesmari merged into Glenfiddich
- Bagelton, Edradour, Connemara, Auchentoshan, Taznimskerk merged to create North Iserdia
- Phoenix Forest merged into Azshara
- Erion merged into Hallucion
- Cimmerian bailiwicks merged to create one bailiwick
- Shemnui and Penzeriemaal create enu Maal
- Eskimas merged into Frieden
- Timzakaai, Saint Joelle's Mount, Mannochmore and Nathanielsdale create South Iserdia
- Stoltzfuss and Gendringen form Stolzfuss-Gendringen
- Annike and Regensburg merged into Annica Regina (Annike-Regensburg)
- Erdes, Rekirie and Cornobuxun merged into Habrichtsburg
- Lichtenkirche and Steinwaldaue merged into Aire
- Pt Illumination, Graignamanach, Orlisheal and Calerole create Coast of Illumination
- Seftenbethaus, Nachbaai and Kantor create Seftenbethaus-Nachbaai-Kantor
- 4: The Court of the Prince authorises the striking of a bronze medal to commemorate the expulsion of the Froyalaners and the liberation of Mittlere Stadt. The obverse depicts a stylised depiction of the spires of Mittlere Stadt, wreathed in orchids, under the protection of the Unconquered Atos, while the reverse depicts a procession of notably emasculated male nudes proceeding right to left whilst a depiction of the Goddess Elwynn stands over them brandishing the sword of justice and pointing sternly towards the west.
- A 6.2 magnitude earthquake hits southeastern Sanama. Epicenter about 15 km south of Hareffina Soli. Local, provincial and federal assets are deployed. Shake was felt as far north as Soli, with extensive damage in parts of Hareffina Soli. Initial death toll is 43, expected to rise sharply as rescue workers go through collapsed buildings. Several aftershocks are also recorded. President Nur Pinito Caprici tours the area together with the governor of Eastern Sanilla in the following days. They both also participate in rescue efforts and food distribution in shelters. International relief efforts are coordinated through Galarmjabat AFB and Soli International Airport.
- The Florian Republic commits to sending humanitarian aid to the affected area. Floria also dispatches a unit of soldiers for search and rescue.
- The Fourth Legion (Black Legions) join the relief effort in southeastern Sanama. Ransenar contributes food and mobile shelters and the Union Australis sends a shipment of food and clean water. Official death toll has risen to 81 with many still missing. Thousands are believed to have lost their homes or have homes that have suffered damage.
- The Elwynnese government dispatches an UDF unit (including dogs) to assist with search and rescue. Soup kitchens, food and medical supplies, etc will follow. The Commission of Foreign Affairs wanted to send the abandoned flat-pack homes from Fröjaländarläger Malexanderstad. Benacia Command vetoed. The congressional executive protested the veto, accusing Benacia Command of planning concentration camps in the imminent future, and demanded explanations.
- With the rubble of a collapsed building in the Hareffina Soli capital of Kapaffe in the background, President Nur Pinito Caprici announced a new federal initiative to make buildings in primarily southern, southeastern and insular Sanama earthquake-proof.
- The Fourth Legion (Black Legions) join the relief effort in southeastern Sanama. Ransenar contributes food and mobile shelters and the Union Australis sends a shipment of food and clean water. Official death toll has risen to 81 with many still missing. Thousands are believed to have lost their homes or have homes that have suffered damage.
- The official death toll after the earthquake in southeastern Sanama revised to 274, and still rising. Relief workers from Ralgon arrive to help with rescue efforts.
- The Frankish Empire and the Guttuli Protectorate sign the Franco-Guttulinese Treaty, and an additional agreement was concluded whereby Francia purchases 50 pieces of HK-1A1.
- 11: Soldiers of the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe begin their first deployments, issued with a notice from the Golden Mango Throne requiring all civil authorities within the County of Caverden to make submissions to the supreme authority of Kaiseress Salome, and instructing unauthorized and rebellious armed forces within the County of Caverden that they will either disarm themselves or be disarmed by force.
- 14: Immediate rescue operations after the earthquake in southeastern Sanama finishes. Final death toll reaches 402 with several thousand homeless. Cleanup and reconstruction expected to take years. President Nur Pinito Caprici calls for three days of national mourning, visits local Somanes temple together with provincial dignitaries for prayer. Visits rescue workers to thank them for their heroic efforts.
- The City of Fortis briefly resists the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe until a detachment of the Palatini Corps arrives with an image of the Kaiseress for them to make submissions and public oaths towards.
- The building of the Froyalan Tribunal was opened by the Frankish Kaiser. Eva von Babenberch was appointed prosecutor, after which the legal proceedings were started.
- 17: In Fortis, a Feġzek°' in the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe receives discommendation for violating his contract (by leading his unit in a raid against city residents). He is stripped of his rank and status, then locked in a pillory for his company to perform humilitations.
- 22: Kaiseress Salome issues an imperial decree reorganizing the territory under its control in Brookshire into Imperial Circles. Implicitly includes the Barrowfield-Lichport region that had been incorporated into the Guttuli Protectorate in late 1679 AN.
- 1: The Frankish Empire and the Kingdom of Krasnocoria sign the Franco-Krasnocorian Treaty, which establishes the Autonomous Province of Mishalacia. In addition, an agreement was concluded whereby Francia purchases a Nikolaj Class Aircraft Carrier.
- 16: In Elwynn the Coldwater Scandal continued as a wave of arrests targeting businessmen, bankers and most notably the sons of four serving ministers in the Congressional Counties government were carried out during an anti-corruption operation conducted against the Ayreonist-Verionist Nexus responsible for the transfer of appropriated Iron Company assets to a Verionist owned front-company. The allegations that a banknote counting machine had been found in the Conducator Meqael Mizarierion's son's house, as well as the revelation that large amounts of money had been hidden in shoe boxes in the house of the CEO of Anzarolexion caused a media storm. A total of 80 people were arrested, with 24 formally charged.
- 17: The city leaders of Isenbury refuse to allow entry to the Lieutenant for the Golden Mango Throne to the Crestfall Circle. The militia associated with the Army of Caverden repell the escort and retinue for Lord Lieutenant Ameunin but fail to capture them.
- 19: As the number of persons assisting the Court of Star Chamber with its enquiries continued to swell, the Internal Security Bureau of Benacia Command graciously made available to the Elwynnese Republic several units of sheltered accommodation located at its facility in the bailiwick of Malexander.
- 20: Kaiseress Salome issues an imperial decree offering amnesty to Isenbury if they submit to Imperial authority by 1.X.1680 AN.
- 23: At the behest of the Court of Star Chamber, Writs of Cudgelling were served against board members of Coldwater Company as well as against congressmen belonging to such crypto-Verionist parties as the Libertarian Party, the Patriotic Alliance of Cimmeria and Kiladôr, and the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear for the benefit of public order and discipline. During the course of these actions it was necessary for the Corps of the Gentlemen-at-Cudgels, supported by the UDF and Benacia Command, to gain forcible entry onto Coldwater Company premises in Fieldburg and on Wolfraven. Some reports suggested that the efforts to serve the writs of cudgelling had been contested by employees and corporate security - others however maintained that the cudgellers had used excessive force without provocation. In any event the serving of the writs had the aspect of a series of coordinated police raids, notable for being the first instance of the widespread use of cudgel-launchers to serve writs against targeted individuals from a stand-off position.
- At dawn cudgellers returned in force to the premises raided on the previous morning, this time accompanied by locksmiths and building contractors who were employed to change the locks and board up the properties as best they were able. Once this work was completed the magistrates of the bailiwicks where these events had occurred were brought to the scene by a UDF escort and applied wax seals to the outer doors, effectively marking their confiscation by the subordinate courts of the Court of Star Chamber whilst their final legal status was determined.
- With Verionist congressmen now in custody, in hospital, or having gone to ground, Conducator Mizarierion's position in the Elwynnese Congress was increasingly assailed as the N&H and Democratic Party of Elwynn took him to task for his part in what they deemed to have been the obstruction of the pursuit of justice in the Coldwater Scandal.
- Kaiseress Salome arrives in the City of Fortis to review the development of its local militia. Units of the Palatini Corps and Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe begin to encamp nearby with the prospect of a joint operation against the City of Isenbury.
- The Ayreon Banner is unfurled and raised at the City of Fortis, marking the expiration of the ultimatum offered to Isenbury.
- Air Sanama divests its Fatehpur Sikri operations, focusing solely on air travel in and out of Niyi and Sanama City. Apishe Group buys the majority stake in the new company, Omega Airlines. Apishe Group also buys the largest casino in Acquecalde, the Casino della Baia.
- 5: A new round of economic stimulus packages are passed by the Ransenari Congress, which include small business grants and a wide range of work training programs, literacy programs. The government also commissioned the construction of new primary and secondary schools across rural parts of Ransenar with the express aim of increasing literacy and work training to tackle rural poverty. A series of infrastructure proposals are entertained by Congress but are ultimately rejected in favor of the creation of a public-private Ransenari National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank to finance the construction of new roads, bridges, railways, tunnels, waterways, and urban transport infrastructure.
- 11: Trade News – The Supply & Production Bureau of Benacia Command reports that in the year to date 20 percent of bread, 25.5 percent of sugar, 20 percent of meat and 15 percent of butter consumed by the Black Legions and UDF personnel assigned to allied formations has been sourced from Ransenari suppliers. Benacia Command looks to Ransenar to further develop its agricultural sector, to focus upon mechanisation, more efficient land use, and the promotion of agricultural purchasing boards. The establishment and promotion of agricultural purchasing boards was especially encouraged as a means of improving farm business efficiency and competitiveness in the areas of livestock rearing, and cereal crop production. These agricultural purchasing boards would be funded by a collective levy upon farmers and growers and some other parts of the supply chain who would in turn enjoy a dividend in the form of collective and sector price setting agreements made with the Commissariats of Benacia Command.
- The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall is officially launched, with leading skirmishing units deployed to the boundary between the Fortis Circle and the Crestfall Circle to screen the approach.
- Meqael Mizarierion (AIP), Conducator of Congressional Elwynn, survives a vote of confidence in the Congress, with the N&H-pushed motion failing to receive support from the other opposition parties (mainly the democrats and communists) who chose to abstain instead. In favour of the motion of no confidence: 46 (N&H); against the motion: 102 (AIP, EWP, APP, AFF, MPDS); abstaining: 62 (DEM, CPE, PR, UTB; absent/vacant 44 (HPDI, LIB, PACK). N&H responds by tabling a bill to call for new congressional elections. Mizarierion government opposes.
- 17: In response to the vote, former Verionist politican Stephen Lewis, presently in hiding, responded to the congressional machinations with the following statement: "We now see the real face of the N&H, they are allying themselves with all forces that are anti-Elwynn: the Shirithian loyalists, the communist extremists, the Ransenari astroturfers. We, as loyal citizens of a true and free Elwynn can only strengthen our resolve in these times of absolute disintegration of the rule of law in our Republic. The occupying forces of the Benacian fascists may have banned our political parties, they can never ban our people. The people of the North, but increasingly all over Elwynn will not roll over. While the N&H propaganda machine may pretend that it has made some successes in defeating us, the reality is that the free people remain strong, organised and will kick out the fascists from our lands. That is what is happening at this moment. Our ports are free, our lands are free. Even the threat of foreign interference will not frighten us, for we have known years and years of prosperity and we are prepared to use our military force to defend Elwynn against fascist corruption. Elwynn Prevails!"
- Bemused N&H aligned commentators merely remarked upon the return of figures who had variously resigned, emigrated, or perished in convenient plane crashes.
- 23: After winning the vote of confidence, Conducator Mizarierion lost one important vote, however. The N&H new-election bill receives the support of the Democrats and Communists, and the Asantelianese reunification party, thus passing the Congress with 103–102 votes, with one abstention (Union of Truth and Beauty).
- 24: After consulting with the Electoral Commission, President of the Elwynnese Congress, Li Naomiai Avon-El, announces that new elections will take place on 24.XI.1680, one month later. Congress dismissed for campaigns.
- 24: Congressional elections take place in Elwynn's congressional counties. New congress to meet 15.XII.1680.
- Mizarierion's coalition (AIP–EWP–AFF–APP–MPDS) receives a majority of seats (128).
- Democratic Party of Elwynn loses more than half its seats. Leader Li Naomiai Avon-El announces her resignation as party leader to take effect upon the next party national conference.
- Large gains for the N&H and Ayreonists.
- New classically liberal anti-Raspur party gains a good share of seats: Movement for a Free Elwynn
- 2: The governments of Elwynn and Shireroth declines for the second time participation in the Brandenburg Conference. Frankish government upset, calls it offensive.
- 5: The Amokolian People's Party, having polled badly in the 1680 Elwynnese congress election, leaves the coalition government to go into opposition. Mizarierion's coalition is now a minority.
- 6: Conducator Mizarierion's AIP–EWP–AFF–MPDS coalition begins negotiations with the Movement for a Free Elwynn.
- 9: The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall routs the Banners of the Southern March near the town of Samback, on the approaches of Isenbury. A makeshift flagpole is built atop the town hall so that the Banner of Ayreon could be seen from the city below. Additional forces are summoned from Shirekeep and from among the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe to bolster the position and to fend off increasing harassment of their picket lines.
- 12: Negotiations between the Movement for a Free Elwynn (MFE) and Mizarierion administration break down due to the radically different economic policies between the MFE and the socialist EWP, AFF and MPDS. The Elwynnese Workers' Party and the Mishalanski Party for Democratic Socialism were willing to compromise a fair bit on economic policies in order to protect North Elwynn's freedoms, the Amokolian Freedom Front, however, explained it could not agree to the compromises and would be in opposition to it. "There is no lesser evil, evil is always evil".
- 15: New congress meets for the first time, elects Isa Kaliandaron Qor to President of the Congress in a highly contested election. Qor was previously president 1672–1675.
- The Court of Star Chamber begins a special closed session to investigate the connections between the Movement for a Free Elwynn, Stephen Lewis, the Verionist International, and the threat of violent insurrection and foreign invasion made by Stephen Lewis on 17.X.1680 with a view of influencing and subverting the democratic process and rule of law in Elwynn.
- Writs of Summons are duly issued for Stephen Lewis and the congressmen of the MFE to attend upon the Court within the next 15 days and aid in its investigations, with writs of cudgelling prepared for those intemperate souls who chose instead to absent themselves in an effort to thwart justice.
- Operation Chastisement: The Court of the Prince invited the 6th Airmobile Corps of the Sovereign Confederation to enter the bailiwicks of Morsnes, Adrabeek, Maskerer, Elgjaby, Yttreved, Fremort, Vintrastad, Ravirke, Dravotih iker, Mikkelsvik, Jonsvik, Asantelian, and Orenthaven to assist the UDF and Corps of the Gentlemen-at-Cudgels in uprooting Verionist sympathisers from the ports of the region. Contingents of legionaries from the Northern Banner Group of Benacia Command similarly arrived in Vijayanagara and on the Cimmerian island of Wolfraven to render similar assistance.
- The Inspector of the Panopticon, Nizam al-Mulk, is appointed to the new judicial post of Censor with Special Responsibility for Cimmeria and Kiladôr and instructed to conduct a thorough assize, reformation, and visitation of the region. All resources of the state are placed at his disposal along with a signed letter patent granting him full authority and immunity from prosecution for any act committed in the defence of Elwdom.
- Across the bailiwicks of the former Northern Commonwealth, Panopticon officials, armed with copies of the electoral rolls cross-referenced against Elwnet user browsing histories, assisted the municipal corporations with the convening of vast moots of democratic accountability, where citizens are invited to restate their commitment to the Constitution and Elwdom under the approving eyes of their Aldermen and magistrates. These festivals of democracy culminated in the burning of Verionist banners and an extended session of liberal self-criticism for those individuals identified by the crowd as having too much in the way of sympathy for "lawless corporations backed by their own pirate fleet".
- Babkhi militia began to arrive in Eliria to supplement the garrison of UDF and cudgellers already concentrated there.
- 21: The Sanaman federal government announce that all ports, airports and other modes of communication into or out of Sanama are closed to Verionist entities including, but not limited to, the Iron Fleet, the Iron Company and the Verionian Empire. All assets belonging to any of the banned entities are seized by the federal government. The reason for this action is stated to be concerns over national security, piracy and illegal threats of force by a private company against sovereign nations.
- As there has never been any Verionist or Iron Company interest in Sanama, the reaction of the Sanaman federal government was deemed completely redundant.
- 22: The government of Ransenar closes all points of entry from Chryste into Ransenar and joins Sanama in taking similar actions against any remaining Verionist entities in the country, including confiscation of any remaining assets in the aftermath of the Verionist Great Disaster.
- 23: Elwynn's embassy in Francia was withdrawn whilst the contingent of Francian diplomats in Eliria received their passports and the curt instruction to depart within forty-eight hours. Francia's attempts to identify itself with the Froyalaner cause, alliance with the Guttuli Protectorate, and efforts to stir up Mishalanski nationalism, were all cited as threats to Elwdom which could no longer be countenanced. In consequence of which a quarantine would be brought into effect which would see all cross-border traffic prohibited and civilians evacuated from a zone extending 10km back from the frontier. A further exclusion zone, extending 50km back from the quarantine zone would see civilian residency and access rights restricted to permit holders.
- 1. Elwynnese Congress: The Nationalist and Humanist Party brings a motion of no confidence in the government of Meqael Mizarierion. First reading of the motion.
- 5: Elwynnese Congress: Third reading of the motion of no confidence in the government of Meqael Mizarierion, and subsequent voting. Votes in favour: 85 (N&H, DEM, APP, CPE, PR). Votes against: 113 (AIP, EWP, AFF, MPDS). Abstentions 2 (UTB + Isa Kaliandaron Qor). Absent 36 (Movement for a Free Elwynn). Mizarierion's government therefore remained in place with a working majority now that the Movement for a Free Elwynn no longer attended Congress due to arrest.
- 7: The Frankish government states that the Treaty of Brandenburg and the Treaty of Concord are no longer considered in force. All Frankish diplomats have been recalled. The border with Elwynn remains open to asylum seekers.
- 10: The Sanaman federal government makes the travel ban to and from Francia permanent. It also extends the ban to all trade, and breaks off any diplomatic contacts. The reason cited is the Vanic Taint.
- Hired labourers, organised into work parties escorted by detachments of cudgellers - for their protection - entered the 10km quarantine zone along the border with Francia. It quickly became apparent that the workers were engaged in the clear felling of forested areas in the quarantine zone, work that - when combined with the activities of crop-dusters laying down defoliants - stripped away all natural cover for those approaching the Vigilamus Lines before the border with Francia.
- The felled and uprooted trees taken from the quarantine zone were sawn into lengths in situ before they were transported by road to new industrial workings, seemingly vast brick kilns, taking shape outside Malaxander there to be used as fuel or lumber.
- The deployment of unmanned aerial vehicles and fast patrol craft to New London and Thorgilsby was mooted by the Court of the Prince; these assets would be used to enforce the maritime component of the quarantine, as well as to ensure freedom of navigation for Elwynnese and allied vessels, and to provide for the protection of the in-shore fishing fleets of Elwynnese Amokolian.
- 15: Johan Anderion resigns his commission in the Union Defence Force and his position in the Court of the Prince in protest against Elwynn's policy towards Francia. Is immediately given a minister position in Meqael Mizarierion's congressional government.
- 18: Regiments of the Konkordskaya Bratva, a clannish paramilitary force descended from those who had played a prominent part in cleansing Mishalan of the Vanic Taint during the Auspicious Occasion, paraded at the Zitadelle Bratva in Severnaya Gubernya for inspection by the Szodan, Jeremiah Avon-El. After a march past, review, and the blessing of the banners, the Szodan assembled with the Bratva's chieftains in the citadel's subterranean halls of immuration, dedicated to the worship of Mors, and there attended whilst a gore splattered king of sacrifice read the entrails of an ill-favoured youth. The omens being auspicious the chieftains were feasted at the Szodan's expense; receiving gifts of gold, rifles and ammunition, horses, and the agreed tithe of mischlinge-broodmares, the pick of whom they were permitted to enjoy at the culmination of the feast. In turn, the Bratva, now dedicated and pledged to the person of the Szodan, were commanded to resume patrols in Lachdolor and the Severnaya Gubernya, in the quarantined zone along the closed frontier with Francia. Any man discovered travelling in the quarantine zone without official sanction was to be summarily put to death, his chattels to be disposed of amongst the Bratva, and the severed head of the slaughtered man to be brought before the nearest tribune, along with proofs of identity, for verification and the payment of a cash reward. Whilst the specifics of the agreement with the Bratva was not publicly disseminated, notices were widely distributed and displayed to the effect that any person approaching within 10km kilometres of the frontier with Francia would be liable to severe and immediate penalties - the exact nature of which were unspecified but the fact that the trilingual notices (Amokolian, Mishalanski, and Praeta) prominently featured a skull and crossbones at the top of the page was something of an indicator.
- 19: A joint consortium of medical researchers and scientists from the Carrillo National Health System, Ransenari Ministry of Health and Sanitation, and the Benacia Command of the Raspur Pact commenced a series of clinical trials to develop potential antidotes and treatments for a virus released in the Verionist Great Disaster, Virus Y.
- 24: At the proposal of the Prime Minister of Normark, Sigrid Årud, the Council of Eliria, debated its obligation to render aid to the Florian Republic after the latter had come under the attack of the Iron Fleet. The Sardar of the AAR, Firdaus Abdollahi Mehr, spoke to support the proposal - saying that the wider conflict between the Raspur Pact and the Verionian Empire was merely a further expression of the same conflict between the forces of order and the destabilising ideology of Verionism in the Congressional Counties. The Prince of Elwynn and the representatives of the AAR and Normark each in turn expressed their support. The AIP and EWP representatives, both from the Congressional Counties, Meqael Mizarierion and Isa Kaliandaron Qor, opposed the motion.
- In his speech to the Council, Conducator Mizarierion highlighted the Prince's connections to the ESB Group, the Iron Company as the largest competitor to the ESB Group (indicating thereby that the war is a front to maximise ESB profits), further that the Prince's paranoia of Verionism, a libertarian ideology closely linked to Elwynnese patriotism, national humanism and Ayreonism, has caused him to create enemies of his friends. Verionists and Libertarians fought bravely – alongside Ayreonists, Socialists and National Humanists – for Elwynn's independence and social equality. Now, the Prince has grown delusioned, decided to ban everything that is not to his liking. First he came for the Verionists in the North, then he came for the Amokolian monarchists, and then he came for the Icebearists, the Libertarians, and the Packists. Then he came for the Franks, and banned all friendship and interaction with them, killing off the Amokolian dream of peaceful reunification under the rule of the Elwynnese Republic. And now, the Prince is set on killing off our youth by sending them to fight a useless war for a useless republic that has no place in Raspur anyway. That Floria has become the Prince's lapdog is simply a testament to how corrupt the world has become. And the Elwynnese Republic, founded on the principles of human rights, equality, democracy and the protection of decency and all that is good, cannot stand up for this.
- EWP representative Isa Kaliandaron Qor, agreed with Conducator Mizarierion's assessment up and to the mention of Floria. She said that while no one could fault the Florians for joining the Raspur Pact – they are after all more or less surrounded by the Jing – or even for nationalizing large parts of the economy (something that, she added, is clearly in line with the EWP manifesto here in Elwynn) – the war is as Mizarierion said another link in the long chain of abuses against human rights and decency that the Prince has committed. She was astonished that the Norse would seek out such injustice when they have suffered the same injustices over and over again. In the end she concluded with a series of rhetorical questions. "What has Floria ever done for us?" she added, "rather than bringing us to war over and over again? Will we not ever learn not to trust the Florians? Let this be our no. The Florian dreams of war must end."
- The Prince thanked all representatives for their submissions and called the vote. The Prince, the AAR and Norse representatives voted in favour, while the Congressional representatives voted against. A decision had received the vote of the Prince and the vote of four representatives, the Prince declared the motion to have been carried, and moved on to the next item on the agenda.
- 7: The Congressional Government submits a bill to Congress that forces Elwynnese citizens from Normark and Alalehzamin to apply for a internal residence visa before moving to the Congressional Counties.
- 12: An attempt is made by gentlemen affiliated with the Brookshire Anti-Alienation League to assassinate Kaiseress Salome at Samback. The ensuing fight earns Salome two counts of ł'yġe by single-handedly disarming and overpowering one of the assassins.
- 13: The Sanaman Federal Armed Forces are placed on high alert due to the Verionian-Raspur War. The Air Force conducts air patrols of Sanaman airspace, supported by anti-air defence installations from the Army and the wider radar coverage. The Navy in turn conducts patrols to both identify hostile surface combatants as well as any submarine incursions. Submarine hunting is carried out by corvettes and destroyers supported by on deck helicopters with sonars and torpedoes.
- 12: Johan Anderion resigns his ministry in the Congressional Government for reasons of health. He announces that he will shortly go to a rehabilitation centre in Berne in Natopia.
- 19: The federal government of Sanama sells more than half of its ownership in Faca, amounting to 17.1% of the total stock, to Apishe Group. The transaction promotes Vinfetto Holdings to the plurality owner of Faca.
- The leader of the largest opposition party in Sanama the Sanaman Liberation Front, Pjetro Campucci, slams the federal government for its sale of more than half its stake in Faca to Apishe Group, calling it blatant croneyism and corruption, since President Keysa Nur Pinito Caprici is the most prominent member of the Caprici family that owns Apishe Group. A representative for the President replied that she is not involved with running the company at all, and that they find the corruption allegations outrageous and offensive.
- Chancellor Tanilo Lhayi explains that the decision to sell to Apishe Group was made by the government, that the President was not involved in the decision-making process and that the President's signature was a mere formality. "We accepted the bid by Apishe Group since it was the most advantageous for the federal government."
- The Federal Navy of Sanama commissions the last of its 14 Montran-class destroyers.
- 21: Positive news out of Ransenar as the real estate market is seeing an uptick in economic activity and reports of GDP growth in both months of XIV and XIII have contributed to a more stable Ransenari erb. Preliminary indications of economic recovery are beginning as industrial output increases in the month of XV, discretionary spending, exports, and business confidence.
- 31: Francia, Ravaria and Stormark sign a treaty which, if ratified, will transfer Gascony, Ravaria and Los Bananos to Francia, as well as join Stormark and Francia in a military alliance.
- 2: Johan Anderion announces his defection to Francia, after having crossing the Berne–Helderbourgh channel on dog sleigh.
- 4: Johan Anderion arrives in Brandenburg.
- 7: Verionian–Raspur War – the blockade of Chryste by Benacia Command, brought to a close by the termination of the Second Amokolian War, was resumed with a force of 10 destroyers, 4 diesel submarines, and innumerable in-shore craft, tactical aviation impressed into the maritime strike and interdiction role, and artillery spotter drones, deployed to close Chryste to international shipping and bottle-up any assets of the Iron Fleet that may be found still in harbour there.
- 10: Prince Frederik Haabye Truls revokes the citizenship of Johan Anderion under Section 3:4:3 of the Elwynnese Constitution.
- 12: Helena Strand is elected leader of the Elwynnese Democrats at the 1681 Democratic National Convention.
- 20: Reinforcements reach Samback, bolstering the Imperial Expedition to Crestfall to three times its initial size, mostly supplemented with militia from the Fortis and Woodshire Circles and Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe.
- Mounted Laqs set fire to the farmlands south of Isenbury. The bodies of Gentlemen of the Road are dragged to and deposited in outlying towns with signs nailed to their chests, reading "I opposed the Kaiseress's peace"
- A three-pronged offensive launched on a massive scale by the Military of Kalgachia into the territories of Siyachia, Inner Benacia, and Lachdolor achieved an overwhelming strategic success and operational surprise, in the first two of the three main thrusts, capturing the important settlements of Litkov and Stonetree in the face of minimally effective resistance by the local garrisons of the Black Legions. Only in the east, in Lachdolor, did the infiltration tactics practised by the attacking Kalgachi partisan columns fail against legionaries firmly ensconced in prepared positions, resulting in the onset of a bitter war of attrition. A salvo of several hundred Ludd ballistic missiles bracketed the primary aerodromes of the Central Banner Air Force in Merensk, Sansabury, and &zeter, resulting in the destruction of 137+ airframes and causing vast disruption to air operations during the crucial early hours and days of the new war.
- 1: 43 ballistic missiles launched from the vast ferroconcrete bastions of the Slomxala Arsenal during the course of the day hammered Gravelbottom Airport, the primary Kalgachi connection to the outside world, a critical military-logistical hub, and the primary site of the KDF's nascent air-detachment. Direct hits and or proximity strikes were recorded by satellite reconnaissance as being made against the airport's tower and control centre, the passenger terminal (destroying the Faedertellus United Airways Office outright), and the primary runway. Although the damage to the runway was quickly filled in and made good, allowing KDF operations to resume, and control of flight operations seamlessly passed to the Octavian Centre, the airport was subsequently closed to commercial aviation.
- Battle of Dalbruï. Banner troops ambush three companies of Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe that had deployed to the town to root out anti-Kaiseress sentiments, killing over half their number. The surviving Laqs vow to avenge the loss of prestige.
- (Inner-Benacian Conflict) Mobilisation of the Varþataræn in UGB as scale of Kalgachi offensive into Inner Benacia becomes apparent.
- 3: First two ships of the updated Melusine II enters service in the Federal Navy of Sanama.
- 6: The Coalition for Peace coordinated protests against the Verionian–Raspur War across northern Elwynn and Normark. Large protests seen in Eliria, Mindon Araxion, Echo, La Terre, Asantelian, Tephal, Dragonskeep, Anun, Vijayanagara, Thorgilsby, Fieldburg, Mishalan, Wolfraven, Dravotih iker, and Spring Valley.
- 8: Elwynn, Sathrati, and the Sovereign Confederation pledge to dispatch expeditionary forces to assist the Black Legions in expelling Kalgachi forces from Lacholor, Inner Benacia, and Siyachia.
- The surviving Laqs from Dalbruï appeal to the Kaiseress for men and equipment to avenge their fallen compatriots and regain warrior prestige. The request is granted.
- (Inner-Benacian Conflict) Benacia Command's strategic air offensive against Kalgachia begins with massed raids against layered ground-based air defences. Reliance upon "standoff missile" attacks depleted to the point of exhaustion Benacia Command's reserves of cruise missiles and anti-radiation missiles without an appreciable reduction of KDF ground-based air defence network, namely on account of fortification, concealment and the multiplicity of dummy targets configured to resemble operational active search radar units. Electromagnetic readings taken during engagements confirmed that the Kalgachia "Neaptide" anti-Gravimetric system was active throughout. Standing orders prohibiting the use of gravimetric vehicles over Kalgachi air space remained in effect.
- 22: The Elwynnese Congress adopts an Act of Impeachment against Prince Frederik Haabye Truls. If a second autonomous republic adopts an act of impeachment against him, the Prince will be removed from office. The act finds the Prince guilty of blatant abuse of power, political persecution, ethnic persecution, religious persecution, endangering the people of Elwynn with war, conspiracy to make Francia an enemy of the State, as well as corruption.
- 23: In Eliria, cudgellers, supported UDF armoured vehicles and Babkhi Militia, entered the Congress building to bring an end to its operations. With the support of the Prime Minister of Normark and the Sardar of the AAR, the Prince of Elwynn declared himself interim Conducator of Elwynn with the mandate to purge the Congressional Counties of disloyal elements seeking to abuse the letter of the law in service of foreign powers with whom Elwynn was presently at war. Using the broad definition of treason inherited from Shirerithian law and custom, the Court of Star Chamber prepared sealed charges against the Ayreonist and dissident members of Congress. The Ayreonist Independence Party, Communist Party and Amokolian Freedom Front are banned. The Elwynnese Workers' Party and the MPDS affirm their loyalty to the state and commit to defending the Raspur Pact.
- 24: Second Battle of Dalbruï. Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe begin harrying Banner troops stationed in and around the town, driving the troops stationed therein to call for reinforcements. Units drawn out by Laq hit-and-run tactics are ambushed.
- 1: Second Battle of Dalbruï. Reinforcements deployed to support the Banner troops stationed at Dalbruï are ambushed and cut to pieces.
- 2: (Inner-Benacian Conflict) With the easement of the worst of the winter weather, and in the face of increasing aerial activity by the Black Legions, the KDF curtailed offensive operations outside of Inner Benacia proper.
- 6: Second Battle of Dalbruï. remaining Banner troops surrender, with one third of them offering submissions and oaths to Salome in person. Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe forces under Salome's command at Dalbruï proclaim her "Battle-Sister" (RL. Zauśypx°e).
- 12: Holy Church of the Divine Icebear declared to be an illegal militia and an "enemy combatant organisation" by the Court of the Prince. Ransenari and Confederate troops, accompanied by cudgellers, N&H activists, and Babkhi militia from the AAR directed by Benacia Command's Military Mission in Elwynn spearheaded another round of church desecrations in the face of fanatical Cimmerian resistance.
- 14: Operating in the aftermath of the Battle of the Southern Seas, Guttulinese blockade runners complete their first circuits to Chryste.
- 1: Siege of Isenbury. The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall cuts electrical power to Isenbury provided by the Upper Isen Hydroelectric Dam.
- 8: Voters across Elwynn head to the polls in the 1681 general elections, with a new Congress being elected, a new Nordisketing, and a new Majles.
- 17: The new Elwynnese Congress meets, elected first Anton Trexeller (N&H) to President of the Congress in a 167–83 vote against Isa Kaliandaron Qor.
- 20: The Elwynnese Congress elects Helena Strand as the next Conducător and Head of the Congressional Government with 163 votes in favour (DEM and N&H), 82 votes against (EWP, APP, MPDS) and 5 abstentions (PR, UTB). She declared that her government would be a coalition government consisting of the Democratic Party and the Nationalist and Humanist Party.
- The Council of Eliria passes the Normark Strait Act which authorizes the annexation of the islands in the Normark–Lindley Passage between Normark and the ocean to the east of Normark. The Act establishes the Commission for the Integration the Normark Strait Islands (CINSI) to govern the islands for two years before they are fully integrated bailiwicks of Normark.
- Having received an Act of Special Dispensation from the Council of Eliria, Frederik Haabye Truls, travelled south to Ardashirshahr, to reaffirm the ties of sympathy and mutual obligation between the Court of the Prince and the majority Babkhi community of the AAR. Commencing a fortnight of celebrations and festivities that marked the formal reconciliation between the Elwynnese Republic and the House of Osman to whom the historic Palace of One Thousand Columns was restored following the bestowal on the Principate of gifts symbolising wishes for good health and fertility for Elwynn. The celebrations were funded exclusively from contributions by the merchant guilds and municipal corporations of the Greater Ardashrishahr Metropolitan Region and represented a vote of thanks bestowed upon the Prince for seeing off the threat posed by an incipient Ayreonist-Verionist takeover of the Congressional Counties. The festivities also served as the occasion for the newly appointed Constancian ambassador, Samira al-Osman, to present her credentials, which were readily accepted by His Serenity, the Prince.
- 24: Siege of Isenbury. Flyers dropped over Isenbury, a final offer for mercy to the city if it overthrows its leaders and casts out all BAAL-aligned forces. This is timed to coincide with the bombing of Crestfallen Power Station, east of the city.
- 10: Arkadius Frederik Gustavus des Vinandy and Esther Fatima Gudrid of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja are getting married at Kaupmaðrhǫll Castle in Stormark.
- Throughout Arcadia, Batavia, Francia Helderbourgh the marriage is celebrated. This date is set for the Bierfest.
- Demonstrations outside the Prince's compound in Eliria against the wedding. Demonstrators are worried that this will mean a return to a Vanic monarchy so close to home. With Esther returning to the Benacian continent for the first time since the Auspicious Occasion, demonstrators are worried that their new-found stability, peace, and independence will be threatened by a Vanic onslaught from the west. They turn to their Prince for comfort.
- 14: Siege of Isenbury. Uprising begins, directed against the city leadership by splinter groups within the Army of Caverden.
- 18: A statue of Liv Dravot is unveiled in Sanama City in celebration of the thirtieth anniversary of the Auspicious Occasion. The ceremony is attended by President Keysa Nur Pinito Caprici, the Shirerithian and the Elwynnese representatives in Sanama, as well as other national and international dignitaries.
- 22: Siege of Isenbury. BAAL forces breach the diffuse eastern siege lines surrounding Isenbury to provide supplies and additional troops to clear the city of dissidents. Imperial Expedition to Crestfall masses troops for action to restore the siege lines.
- 23: Ander Avon-El was found dead in his bath at the ambassadorial residency in Punta Santiago after hosting a party celebrating Alduria's accession to the Raspur Pact. His body guards all attested that he had drowned. The Commission for Foreign Affairs issued a statement confirming the "tragedy", and stated that "His son's disloyalty is no reflection on his good character, and he will receive a state funeral as a former head of state of the Elwynnese Republic."
- 7: Sanama celebrates the tenth anniversary of independence from Shireroth with massive public gatherings and firework displays across the country. Celebrations seem to be more enthusiastic in Cisamarra, Amarra and Sanilla compared to Thanatos.
- 13: Sanaman aircraft manufacturer Brightworks puts in a bid to buy the 51% of shares in Talenore-based Mistra owned by TalCorp.
- 14: Sanaman Liberation Front leader Pjetro Campucci slams the bid from state-owned Brightworks for Mistra as a power move, militaristic and damaging to international peace and security. Chancellor Tanilo Lhayi replies that it is a crucial move for both Brightworks and the Raspur Pact to secure the continued existence of Mistra, given that both its owners are ailing in the post-exodus environment on Talenore.
- 23: Battle of Szirlah. Indecisive action near town over control of the eastern route out of Isenbury. The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall is forced again to abandon control of the town, but succeeds in forcing the surrender of the Left Wing of the Banners of the Eastern Marches, commandeering a supply train, and disabling the railways that connect Szirlah to Isenbury and Szirlah to Highdown.
- 11: The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall successfully disables the railway hub at the City of Highdown, and make contact with locals interested in overthrowing the Brookshire Anti-Alienation League.
- 23: The S/Z Incident, localised to Avakir, resulted in the re-installation of the Ryker OS in its iteration 003. In the aftermath Selardi Jen Daniyal, Magistra of Benacia Command's Eastern Banner Group, assumed the Speakership in place of her mother, choosing however to continue with the usage of her rank in preference to her new title when interfacing with the DARA.
- 18: After Elwynn's annexation of the islands in the Normark–Lindley passage and Normark's integration of them as the bailiwicks of Nattøya, Gråheim and Gnu, including also the expansion of Aderstein, the Normark authorities announce that a census for the new islands have concluded, increasing Normark's population with 61,989 people.
- 4: (Inner-Benacian Conflict) Drak-Modani, Elwynnese, and Sanaman reinforcements begin to arrive in appreciable numbers, establishing a forward operating base for allied forces outside Sansabury.
- 9: Fall of Isenbury. The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall receives the surrender of forces under the command of Ain bi Friþværn, and raises the Banner of Ayreon above the City of Isenbury. Arrangements are made to install Iessei Ameunin and for locals to make submissions and oaths to the Kaiseress. Sections of the city which failed to surrender are declared open for the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe to plunder, as are captured soldiers who refuse to make submissions.
- 12: The bid from Brightworks for the 51 percent majority stake in Talenorian aircraft manufacturer Mistra goes through.
- 13: Elwynnese diplomats are invited to Kingsgate to discuss Ryker 003's latest commands. Surprised, the diplomats return to Eliria with the understanding that the Sovereign Confederation wishes to join Elwynn as an autonomous republic (affectionately called "SCAR", Sovereign Confederation's Autonomous Republic). Once appraised of this development the Court of the Prince began to directly supervise the ensuing negotiations between the Commission of Foreign Affairs and the government of the Sovereign Confederation.
- 17: Proposals concerning the accession of the Sovereign Confederation into the Elwynnese Republic become more widely known in the chancelleries of Benacia as the proposed texts of series of treaties being being negotiated in Kingsgate are circulated by the Political Directorate of Benacia Command.
- 14: Former BAAL forces now under the allegiance of Kaiseress Salome are reconstituted into three new formations: Isenbury Constabulary, Her Imperial Highness's Brookshirian Auxiliary Service, and the Isenbury Militia.
- 10: Following the surrender of the City of Highdown to the Imperial Expedition to Crestfall, Kaiseress Salome issues an imperial decree, rewarding the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe with a grant to hunt down and place the remaining elements of the Brookshire Anti-Alienation League into bondage. The Lieutenants for the Golden Mango Throne are instructed to identify fallow land that Salome can distribute for one-year use cycles.
- 12: The Froyalan Tribunal rules that the disposition of King Noah of Elwynn to be illegal, the dissolution of imperial states in Shireroth to be illegal, and the government of the Elwynnese Republic to be illegal. A spokesman for the Elwynnese Commission for Foreign Affairs responded laughing, "well in that case, the Frankish Empire is illegal, and Arkadius's other coutnry Batavia is also illegal, as the both these territories (to the main part) belonged to the former Elwynnese Union, and both the Frankish and Batavian independence from the Imperial Republic of Shireroth was based on the law that dissolved the imperial states. We call upon the authorities in Francia and Batavia to submit to the Kaiseress in order to adhere to the law to which they so dearly ascribe."
- The Prince of Elwynn was reported to have reacted to the news of the latest ruling by the Tribunal with words to the effect that "If they ever intend to enforce these pretty little judgements of theirs, they will need to cross the frontier and come east. I look forward to seeing them try."
- The Shirerithian Ministry of the Exterior issued a public statement, which reiterated the need for the Raspur Pact to move forward with the DAAP proposal, so that the assets of the Vigiles Arcani, among others, can be reconstituted and harmonized as an international anti-daemonic taskforce.
- Following her weekly audience, held at Isenbury, a reporter asked Kaiseress Salome for her reaction to the ruling. With a laugh, she replied "ok boomer" and went on a late afternoon horse ride.
- The Sanaman authorities issued a statement of support for the current government of Elwynn and declared that the Froyalan Tribunal lacked legitimacy.
- 9: An envoy from the Lieutenant for the Golden Mango Throne to the Isenbury Circle is stopped on the road to Barrowfield by border patrols of the Guttuli Protectorate. He is allowed to deliver his message for Barrowfield to the command duty officer and return to Isenbury.
- 11: Protectorate Military Council holds an unscheduled meeting. Rumor suggests it concerns activities in Brookshire.
- 14: Representatives of Elwynn, Ransenar and the Sovereign Confederation sign the Treaties of Kingsgate, which if ratified would make the Sovereign Confederation an Elwynnese autonomous republic.
- 16: The Imperial Expedition to Crestfall is officially disbanded. Residual forces are left under the operational command of Lord Lieutenant Iessei Ameunin, while Salome leads a core group of companion troops and prisoners back through Brookshire to the Imperial Capital.
- 17: The Council of Eliria approves of the proposed Sovereign Confederation's Autonomous Republic (SCAR) constitution, allowing for the complicated process of ratification of the accession of the Sovereign Confederation to Elwynn, which, for Elwynn's part, necessitates the ratification of each of the autonomous republics of Elwynn through parallel SCAR Accession Acts.
- 19: The Majles of Alalehzamin adopts the SCAR Accession Act.
- 21: The 1681 Sanaman government crisis is triggered in Sanama after the Northern League demands the withdrawal of Sanaman forces from western Shimmerspring.
- Normark adopts the SCAR Accession Act. In the Elwynnese Congress, where Conducator Helena Strand has introduced the SCAR Accession Bill, the Elwynnese Workers' Party seeks to amend the bill to stop the cession of Wintergleam and Monare to SCAR, as well as have the implementation of the Act to occur after next year's princely elections. The amendment fails, and the SCAR Accession Act is adopted by the Congress, with 167 votes in favour (DEM, N&H, PR, UTB), and 82 votes against (EWP, APP, MPDS). With that, the Elwynnese part of the ratification of the Treaties of Kingsgate concluded.
- The Northern League leaves the federal government in Sanama over a dispute regarding the Sanaman security zone in western Shimmerspring. Chancellor Tanilo Lhayi stays on as caretaker while talks are conducted between President Keysa Nur Pinito Caprici and the Nationalist & Humanist Party.
- 24: The Treaty of Kingsgate Bill is introduced in the Ransenari Congress after Ruadh Aldric, Lord Protector of Ransenar, signs the Treaty that will cede Holwinn to Ransenar. The Bill passes unanimously.
- 25: After nearly a week of deliberation between Ryker 003 and the DARA, the Treaties of Kingsgate are ratified in the Sovereign Confederation.
- With the ratification of the Treaties of Kingsgate, all the personnel of the Sovereign Defence Forces (SDF), led by their officers, passed under the symbolic yoke erected for the purpose outside Kingsgate and Avakair, whereupon they made obeisance before the banners and icons of the Black Legions, and, after receiving in return gifts of oil and salt in acknowledgement the fealty rendered, became subject to the higher authority of Benacia Command.
- 26: SCAR authorities in conjunction with the Party for Reunification, begin a campaign of proliferating pro-transcendence messages throughout its media with a particular focus on rural-aimed radio broadcasts.
- 8: The Nationalist & Humanist Party enters the federal government in Sanama after it signed on to the existing coalition agreement between the United Nationalist Alliance, the Sanaman National Party and the Partito Popolare Cisamarrese, with only slight changes. Party leader Fenna Bakker became Secretary for Justice and Jasmina Hosseini, having switched party from the Green Alliance, became Secretary for Infrastructure. This marked the end of the 1681 Sanaman government crisis. The former Secretary for Justice Shana Kalani moved to the Federal Department for Defence.
- Kaiseress Salome, accompanied by companion troops and prisoners, make camp at Lichkeep. Salome receives Chrysostom Wythe at Tempus Keep to receive a report on government activities during her Imperial Expedition to Crestfall, and to discuss preparations for a triumphal march and celebratory feast.
- Despite being busy with war, Salome took time on this very day, after discussing the matter with the Imperial Advisory Council, to approve and announce the engagement of her cousin (technically her father's cousin) David (son of Aldin and Li Naomiai) with Princess Mariette of San Martín (a cousin of the titular emperor of Alexandria).
- The federal government of Sanama creates a new service branch of the Sanaman Armed Forces, the Kalisa Rrumëli, or State Guard in Istvanistani. The new service will be charged with law enforcement duties in Sanama as well as military police duties within the armed forces.
- 9: Kaiseress Salome leads a triumphal procession along the length of the Kaiser's Boulevard. At the Bâb-an-Nûr, captive leaders who refused to swear fealty are executed and put on display, while the remaining war captives are formally entered into the service of the Imperial Capital's agricultural estates. The procession of victors, led by Salome on horseback, and received through the doors of the Bâb-an-Nûr and participate in a victory feast.
- 10: Seated upon the Golden Mango Throne, Salome receives personal oaths of loyalty from the Ŝḥenĉeł'y leadership, converting the mercenary force into an independent arm of the Imperial Forces.
- 15: Salome's personal Ŝḥenĉeł'y formation, the Tyġ°ryġ°yh, having gathered at the Holodomatic nome at Raynor's Keep to undergo three days of strict fasting and prayer, are initiated into the school as syndomates.
- 19: A populist pro-monarchy movement asserts itself on the island of Nel Modan, in Drak-Modan. The island had been slowly attracting Draconian settlers over the years. The movement formally invites John Hilding Waffel-Paine to return to Drak-Modan and specifically to lead a new, autonomous, kingdom for the Draconian diaspora to resettle. Nathan II forbids his son from accepting or even speaking on the invitation.
- The Drak-Modani grand chancellor calls the movement and the vote itself "inappropriate, invalid, and unsubstantiated."
- 22: John Waffel-Paine publicly appears in Dracoheim, Drak-Modan, and accepts the offer, angering his father and triggering a brief diplomatic incident between Natopia and Drak-Modan.
- The Natopian government requests permission to "retrieve" John Waffel-Paine, a request denied by the Drak-Modani government upon the advice of the Supreme Judge, Clara Sundara, who spoke enthusiastically in favor of the idea to the surprise of many and completely reversing the grand chancellor's previous statements, "I am half Draconian, and I have gone through some tough times of my own, and although my cages were gilded I know the Draconian people's cages have not been. The island of Nel Modan is considered by some historians to be the point of origin for the Draconian people and so it is only fitting, that now I, a Draconian, and my nephew, also Draconian, are in positions to reestablish a homeland for our fellow Draconians who seek one."
- 23: Clara Sundara meets with John and Nel-Modani leaders to discuss the terms of establishing a Draconian homeland on Nel Modan.
- 16: Elwynnese princely elections: Incumbent prince Frederik Haabye Truls secures a plurality of votes but fails to win a majority, causing a second round to be held the next month against the EWP candidate Isa Kaliandaron Qor.
- 5: With three days until the second round of Elwynn's princely elections, the elderly EWP candidate Isa Kaliandaron Qor suffers a cardiac arrest during campaigning in Ardashirshahr and dies. The Electoral Commission decides to postpone the second round from 8.IV to 8.V.1682.
- 6: The Court of the Prince announces a period of national mourning following the death of Isa Kaliandaron Qor to last until the day of her funeral.
- 7: The Elwynnese Electoral Commission announces that the second round of the princely elections will have two candidates, the incumbent Frederik Haabye Truls (Nationalist and Humanist Party) against Valour (Ecological Movement Goldshire). Frederik Haabye Truls announces that "amid the grief in this country, it would be improper to campaign", holds instead a live-transmitted eulogy for the late Qor.
- 9: Inner Benacian Conflict – The build up of forces along both sides of the Inner Benacian Line of Control indicated that both the Black Legions and the KDF were preparing for the renewal of hostilities with the coming of spring.
- 22: Funeral of Isa Kaliandaron Qor in the Palace of the Workers, Eliria, followed by a ten-hour procession along the Avenue of the Workers' Revolution from central Eliria to the outskirts where Qor's crematorium is located. Funeral attended by leading Elwynnese politicians.
- 23: N&H and the EWP hold common rallies for Elwynnese nationhood and nationalism across the Elwynnese Republic.
- 8: Voters in Elwynn go to the polls for the second round in the princely elections.
- 9: Elwynnese princely elections: Frederik Haabye Truls reelected with 80% of the vote against Valour's 20%.
- 11: The Benacian states of Kasterburg and Chryste join in the Confederation of Verionian States that was formed by the Union of 1682 and is known as Gran Verionia.
- 24: The Second Inauguration of Frederik Haabye Truls, consisting of a civil ceremony and religious rite, was held in Eliria. In a departure from the inauguration traditions of the second independence era, which had been notably restrained and understated out of respect for republican sentiment, the ceremonies were held to publicly celebrate and sanctify the success of the Prince in defeating a resurgence of Verionism and for the liberation of Mittlere Stadt. The triumphal procession, conducted along the Avenue of the Workers' Revolution from Eliria Castle to the Palace of the Workers saw tokens of victory and spoils taken from the Auspicious Occasion and the Verionist Vespers heaped in the auditorium where the funeral service of Isa Kaliandaron Qor had been held. There, in a ceremony carried by the Benacian Data Network on viewscreens across the continent, Truls pledged that the ill-gotten gains of the enemies of Elwdom, including sums recovered from the Coldwater Company, would now be dedicated to creating a monument to the sacrifices of the Elwynnese people whose efforts and ensured the liberation of the sacred motherland from foreign tyranny. The Prince concluded his address by unveiling the designs for a triumphal arch, dedicated to the sacrifices of the loyalist Elw, to be known as the Sublime Portal and to be erected at the southern entrance of the Avenue of the Workers' Revolution. After the ceremony, celebratory acts conducted by the Prince included the granting of formal pardon to ten former Congressmen, members of the AIP, who in return for their sincere repentance were permitted to quit public life and retire to Araxion, and the promulgation of a new charter for the People's Academy of Elwynn.The day concluded with a thanksgiving ceremony held in the Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel, for the Orthodox Church of Amokolia and Elwynn, where the Metropolitan of Eliria led prayers in gratitude for the successful deliverance of Mittlere Stadt from foreign tyranny, for the unbreakable unity of Amokolia and Elwynn and for the anticipated day of liberation awaiting the western brethren presently trapped under the Vanic yoke.
- 20: Johan Anderion is granted apartments at Lord Protector Murhin's personal estate, in the outskirts of Gaton, to support the ambassador's personal appetites and to allow him to more actively participate in courtly activities. This personal grant limits him to one personal assistant, with the remainder of his ambassadorial staff housed in Alexandrit.
- 10: Kaiseress Salome taken ill. A regency is in place. The IAC appoints the Steward, Lord Holly-Wythe to Regent.
- 15: Elwynnese prince Frederik Haabye Truls, also taken ill. Firdaus Abdollahi Mehr, the most senior member of the Council of Eliria, takes charge of the Court of the Prince as Steward of the Republic.
- 8: Peace negotiations begin between the parties in the Verionian–Raspur War.
- 13: Frederik Harald of Markland and Ærinndís Theodora of Lyonesse were born in Castle Islàn near Hyfrost. The twins were born from the marriage between Arkadius Frederik Gustavus des Vinandy and Esther of Anglia.
- With Vanic–Elwynnese royal titles bestowed upon Frederik Harald and Ærinndís Theodora, the births were obviously brought to the interest of journalists in the Elwynnese Republic. Responding to them, a representative of the Court of the Prince simply replied, "The monarchy has long ended. We are, however, honoured that the Frankish emperor has seen fit to name his son after the democratically elected Prince of the Elwynnese Republic."
- 9: Kaiseress Salome holds an audience with Steward-Regent Lord Holly-Wythe for a private audience to discuss the situation befalling the regency.
- 10: Lord Holly-Wythe, Regent and Steward of Shireroth, invites the governments of Elwynn, Ransenar and Drak-Modan to discuss the question of the Guttuli Protectorate.
- 1: Elwynnese steward and acting head of the government, Firdaus Abdollahi Mehr, celebrates his 100th birthday with a banquet in Eliria.
- 7: Trilateral Conference on Shimmerspring begins in Sanama City. The conference was attended by the President of Sanama Keysa Nur Pinito Caprici, the Steward of Shireroth Lord Holly-Wythe, and the Grand Chancellor of Drak-Modan Davit Teimuraz. The conference results in the annexation of western Shimmerspring by Sanama, of eastern Shimmerspring by Drak-Modan, and the return of southwestern Caverden to Shireroth.
- 8: Kaiseress Salome declares a conclusion to the regency, thanking Lord Holly-Wythe for his services during her illness.
- 11: The buzzing of Laqi bullroarers is reported north of the Guttulinese Pandor Line defensive perimeter.
- 25: After several nights of bullroaring all along the Pandor Line, Guttulinese reconnaissance patrols are deployed beyond the frontier. Two patrols under Salb Ifni fail to report back to station.
- 9: Princess Mariette of San Martín gives birth to a healthy son in Raynor's Keep, Shirekeep. The child's father, Prince David of Shireroth, announces the name of the child to be Utas Enrique Naian Ayreon-Kalirion de Waffel-Paine y Carrillo.
- 10: Kaiseress Salome arrives in Maltenstein to formally issue a ducal decree, reorganizing the Imperial Duchy of Brookshire's military forces, expanding and restructuring the Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe as its elite force, expanding local militias, and instituting a selective service system. Following the signing, Salome rode out to the local Laqi encampment to oversee the induction of new members into the expanded Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe and bestow standards upon 4 hand-picked standard bearers, reserving one for herself under the name Mamyr Aslanpx°e, to act as field commanders for Brookshire's armed forces.
- 15: Kaiseress Salome, as Duchess of Brookshire, issues a decree calling for the reconvening of the Kehl.
- 11: Due to illness, Jeremiah Avon-El resigns as Commander-in-Chief of Benacia Command and Szodan of Benacia, the head of state of the Unified Governorates of Benacia. He was succeeded by Vüqar Rugahi, the President of the Board of the General Staff.
- 1: 266 representatives from across Brookshire meet at Maltenstein, give oaths, and convene as the Kehl. Included among them is a letter from the Lieutenant for the Golden Mango Throne at each Imperial Circle they arrived from. Each letter is written out and entered into the legal record. Notably, the letter from the Isenbury Circle includes an apology for its incomplete delegation, due to a large portion of its designated territory being occupied by the Guttuli Protectorate. Kaiseress Salome instructs the Kehl to additional all-member meetings to discuss and produce legislation to respond to the local needs expressed in each letter.
- 6: The Amokolian Congress resolves to ask the Council of Eliria to consider establishing an autonomous republic for Elwynnese Amokolia.
- 3: The Council of Eliria, having the support of the legislatures of the autonomous republics of Elwynn, remove, for medical reasons and incapacitation, Frederik Haabye Truls from the office of the Prince of the Elwynnese Republic, and schedules new elections for the next month.
- 12: A letter simply labelled "To Her Imperial Magnificence, the Kaiseress of Shireroth, from her dear cousin Johan" arrives in Maltenstein Castle's official correspondence office. After examination by her security detail, the letter's contents are delivered to Salome. Salome ordered that it be delivered to Shirekeep for Chrysostom Wythe to initiate an investigation into its legal and strategic implications.
- 5: Helena Strand (of the Democratic Party of Elwynn), Conducător of the Congressional Counties, wins the princely elections with a majority in the first round. According to law, she immediately stands down from the congressional counties and takes the oath of office for Princess of the Elwynnese Republic at Eliria Castle.
- In the Congressional Counties, President of the Congress, Anton Trexeller meets with the party leaders in order to find a new Conducator. Helena Strand remains acting conducator until a new one is confirmed. The leadership of the present DEM–N&H majority coalition announces that it wishes to continue to govern. The two parties have agreed to nominate Nila Valgarai to the position. Nila Valgarai is known to be a close ally of Helena Strand. The President submits a motion to the Congress, "that Congress elect, to the office of Conducător, Nila Valgarai, who intends to form a government with representatives from the Democratic Party of Elwynn and the Nationalist and Humanist Party".
- 6: Second reading of the motion to elect Nila Valgarai to Conducator.
- 7: Third reading of the motion to elect Nila Valgarai to Conducator. Voting on the motion follow party lines, with 138 in favour (DEM, N&H), 77 against (EWP, APP, MPDS), and 1 abstention (UTB). The President (N&H) did not vote, as per tradition. Nila Valgarai subsequently confirmed.
- 10: Princess Helena Strand meets with the Amokolian Congress to inform them that she intends to present a bill in the Council of Eliria to admit Elwynnese Amokolia as an autonomous republic of Elwynn ("Amokolia Bill"). Calling upon the Amokolian Congress to draft a constitution for an Amokolian autonomous republic, Helena Strand is met with a five-minute standing ovation from the members of the Congress.
- 5: The Amokolian Congress sends its proposed Amokolian autonomous constitution for review to the Court of the Prince. Meanwhile, Helena Strand, Princess of Elwynn, begins finishing the Amokolia Bill.
- 18: The Council of Eliria approves the Amokolia Bill.
- 19: Demonstrations in Ardashirshahr against the Amokolia Bill. Babkhi community appears heavily against the idea, due to not trusting the Amokolians not to end up going Frankish. Alalehzamini government and Babkhi community leaders urge calm. N&H leadership whips its members to support the bill, lest the coalitions with the Democrats across Elwynn would fall, "leading to Ayreonist and Verionist, and maybe even Vanic, takeovers... Amokolian autonomy is a small price to pay to avoid that dire future."
- 20: Amokolia Bill: The Elwynnese Workers' Party announce that they neither oppose nor support the bill. On one hand, the party understands that the Amokolian self-determination is a matter for Amokolians, however, on the other, the EWP is against the concept of federalism in Elwynn, pushing instead for a unitary republic. With these principles currently in opposition for as long as Elwynn remains federal, the EWP decides to abstain from all votes on the bill.
- 22: The SCAR Mithui approves the Amokolia Bill with 41 votes in favour (30 PR, 3 N&H, 8 DEM), 8 votes against (8 N&H), and 30 abstenstions (8 GCB, 6 EWP, 6 EMG).
- 24: The Congress of the Elwynnese Republic, that is the legislature of the Congressional Counties, approves the Amokolia Bill with 124 votes in favour (72 DEM, 25, APP, 22 N&H, 5 MPDS), 45 votes against (44 N&H, 1 UTB), and 47 abstentions (all EWP).
- 1: The Ayreonist Alliance is founded as a political party in Elwynn.
- 3: The Nordisketing of Normark approves the Amokolia Bill with 228 votes in favour (107 EHS, 50 DEM, 26 NRP, 16 FJBP, 13 N&H, 13 RHA, 3 BB), 30 votes against (30 N&H), and 10 abstentions (EWP).
- 6: The Majles of the Alalehzamini Autonomous Republic narrowly approves the Amokolia Bill, amid much dissent among the governing N&H Party. The tally had 113 votes in favour (78 N&H, 26 DEM, 3 C60, 3 TARP, 2 MPDS, 1 LIB) against 108 (88 N&H, 20 BEH), and 14 abstentions (EWP).
- 7: In a surprise twist of events with regard to Elwynnese Amokolia, ten of the parliamentary members of the Amokolian People's Party split to form the Conservative Party of Amokolia.
- 11: A patrol on the Guttulinese frontier report capturing a Laq fighter, who gave himself up. On the way back to the station, the patrol is ambushed and stripped of weapons and equipment.
- 12: Princess Helena Strand of Elwynn announces plans for the retrocession of the bailiwicks of Fieldburg, Morsnes, and Kaidere to SCAR as part of her program to adjust internal borders. In a statement, she connected the efforts with those of the creation of the Amokolian Autonomous Republic, saying "This is the next step in making some necessary adjustments in our internal borders". Both initiatives were part of her platform during her campaign for Princess.
- 22: EWP and AA join in a rally in Eliria against the Princess's plan against a cession of further bailiwicks to SCAR.
- 1: The Elwynnese Workers' Party, Coalition 1660 and the Mishalanski Party for Democratic Socialism agree on a joint ticket for the 1683 general elections in all of Elwynn (excepting Normark). As such, ballots would be named thus:
- In Vattnaland and Automatica, "Amokolian Democratic Workers' List – Elwynnese Workers' Party – Mishalanski Party for Democratic Socialism"
- In Mishalan, "Amokolian Democratic Workers' List – Mishalanski Party for Democratic Socialism and Elwynnese Workers' Party"
- In the Congressional Counties, "Elwynnese Workers' Party – List for Democratic Socialism"
- In Northern Tellia, "Coalition of Democratic Workers' Parties in Northern Tellia (Coalition 1660, Elwynnese Workers' Party, Mishalanski Party for Democratic Socialism)"
- In the rest of the Alalehzamini Autonomous Republic, "Elwynnese Workers' Party – List for Democratic Socialism"
- 19: The Board of Directors of the Honorable Company approve the expansion of the Imperial & Emirati Bank of Alalehzamin and Constancia and the Imperial and Emirati Bank of the Sathrati Islands to Mishagrad in the Unified Governorates of Benacia.
- 19: Reports of guerilla activity on Florencia reach the government of the Unified Governorates of Benacia in Merensk. Both XXX Salb and XXXII Salb are engaged in a police mission against the insurgent guerilla forces.
- 22: The Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Kingdom of Ransenar sign the Second Treaty of Teldrin, establishing a system of joint tribunals to judge the criminal actions of the Guttuli Protectorate and parties who aided in the execution of those crimes.
- 23: The insurgency on Florencia spreads to the Iridian Isles, as the local population take up arms against the perceived occupation by the Black Legions. The lack of a significant presence of Black Legion troops in the islands, allowed for a remarkable speed in the takeover of control of the islands.
- 1: Isor Verion, Governor of Chryste, invites Reginald de Montfort, Magistrate of Kasterburg, to Chryste for discussions.
- 2: To the surprise of media pundits around Benacia, Reginald de Montford arrives in Chryste.
- 3: King Arkadius IV of Batavia announces to the Batavian Lagerhuis his intention to sack the Batavian prime minister, appoint a new one, and forming a Franco-Batavian Empire consisting of Arcadia, Batavia, Francia, Helderbourgh, Mishalacia, and Ravaria. He announces this as a "temporary union" of ten to twelve years, and that no annexations of territory would occur during the period of this union. In Kasterburg and Chryste, it now appears that Isor Verion's meeting with De Montford is related to this.
- 5: With the Saznan Darneï still on mission in Litkov the island of Benacia, largely unprotected by Black Legion forces, struggles to resist an uprising on the island.
- 6: An attempted uprising in the Raspurid Sector on Naudia'Diva is swiftly suppressed by forces from Station Sagittarius.
- 7: The intentions of the insurgents on the islands of the Unified Governorates is made known when a joint communique is issued by the leaders on the Iridian Isles, Benacia and Florencia. The communiqué calls for the secession of the islands from the Unified Governorates, peaceful relations with the international community, and the recognition of the rights of indigenous peoples to govern themselves. Communiqué signed by representatives of the Penna, the Iridians and the Florencians.
- 8: Isor Verion announces to the Chryste Assembly his intention of joining Kasterburg and Chryste to one State of Greater Benacia. "It is important for us, to counter the change of the balance of power on the Benacian continent now that it appears Francia will annex Batavia, by having a strong Verionist voice and state. For that reason, I propose that we form one Verionist State here on Benacia. That way, we can can consolidate our Verionist resources, and better then provide for the stability, progress and prosperity of the Verionian peoples on Benacia."
- 11: In Drak-Modan, following rumors of political instability, governmental decay, and administrative malaise, Natopia begins to intervene in Drak-Modan to protect its investments and national security, thus sparking the Drak-Modani Civil War.
- 13: Massacre of Fuconara. Black Legion forces enter the camp of a band of Florencian rebels outside the town of Fuconara and proceed to indiscriminately slaughter the entire encampment, women and children included. The total death toll is some 159 people. As soon as the massacre is made known to the wider world by publication in Sanaman and Tellian newspapers, it causes outrage.
- 14: An embattled Commander-in-Chief of Benacia Command and head of state of the Unified Governorates, Vüqar Rugahi, pledges to bring the responsible for the massacre to justice. Florencian leaders respond that it is ftit wisq tard. Too little, too late.
- Conference of the Isles takes place in rebel-held territory on Florencia. Representatives from the Iridian Isles, Isle of Benacia and Florencia meet to agree on a way forward.
- Guttuli Protectorate conducts missile demonstrations on new anti-ship missile launcher for the HK-1A1 platform, for a delegation of Frankish officers.
- 22: A spasm of executions occurred in Merensk, as some residual segment of the government reactivated itself and took stock of recent occurrences. Certain ministers, surprised by their own survival, promised to investigate the situation in Florencia,and to return with the heads of the traitors.
- 23: Lord Chief Steward Sean O'Callaghan declared before a speech to the Ransenari Congress that "our markets are now stabilized, we've recovered most of the money we spent on rescuing the financial system, and we're headed towards a recovery that will see our country stronger and more prosperous."
- 2: Opening proceedings of the Joint Tribunal on Crimes in and for the Lower Elwynn are held at Teldrin to begin addressing the scope of its mandate.
- Fighting on Florencia intensifies as guerilla units start to push back across the front against the Black Legion forces. International pressure on the UGB leadership mounts as Sanama calls for a truce and the recognition of the United Isles.
- Gregory L. Justice calls President Nur Pinito Caprici a "hypocrite" for calling for the recognition of the United Isles while "illegally occupying Western Shimmerspring".
- 6: Capitalising on the lethargic response from the UGB, Florencian rebel forces continue their offensive and gains control of the entire western half of the island. President of Sanama Nur Pinito Caprici again call for a ceasefire and offers to mediate between the rebels and the government. She also offers to deploy a peacekeeping force to the island.
- The XXXII Salb, depleted by desertions during its retreat eastwards, is caught in the enveloping pincers of the westwards advance of the XXX Salb and an ad hoc formation of Inspectorate Troops and N&H partisans. Following a brief, albeit withering, mortar barrage and the suppressing fire of several heavy calibre machine-guns directed towards their assembly area, the demoralised legionaries of the XXXII swiftly capitulated. Thereafter followed the application of summary justice upon the disgraced legion. The most prominent victim of this purge being the Salbnan, Godascalc Berahthram Vasilescu, flayed alive before being burnt at the stake in front of an assembly of his former subordinates, while all remaining officers of tribunal rank were crucified, junior officers and non-commissioned officers were reduced to the lowest possible rank in the legions and assigned to punishment detachments, whilst the remainder of the rank and fire were subjected to decimation - one in ten of the condemned being expended through bayonet and sword practice for the loyalist forces. The survivors being dispatched to Lapano, under N&H guard, for transfer to the mainland and the commencement of the formal reform and rehabilitation process. The XXXII Salb would subsequently be disbanded and its name struck from all registers.
- 8: Emboldened by what is seen as unintended help, the Florencian rebels push on towards the east, eventually cutting off access to the Lapano peninsula. Rebel leadership form the Front tal-Liberazzjoni Florenċjana, Florencian Liberation Front.
- 9: The Guttuli Protectorate Military Council announces the capture of Laqi spies found in Farhuil who, after several days of enhanced interrogation, admitted to a plan to sabotage Guttulinese facilities as a prelude for an invasion from Drak-Modan. New measures are enacted to identify Laqs within the Guttuli Protectorate and place them into protective custody.
- 11: Troops on Home Duty in District I receive orders for deployment to the Lowbrook Line, bolstering defenses on the border between the Guttuli Protectorate and Drak-Modan. Forces include one battalion of rocket artillery being deployed with new anti-ship missile launchers.
- 12: A message is delivered to Drak-Modani border guards under a flag of truce, with instructions to be given to the paramount civil authority in Drak-Modan. It demands the reopening of trade, the demilitarization of their common border, and the cessation of attempts to undermine the Protectorate government. In exchange, the Guttulinese will provide aide in resisting the Natopian incursion.
- 13: In separate statements, the republican and royalist governments of Drak-Modan denounce and deny the accusations from the Guttuli Protectorate regarding sabotage and a planned invasion of the Protectorate.
- 15: In Drak-Modan the Magister Philokrates Kakadu (1st Division, Fort Drakorda) and the Magister Alcazaba Castros (2nd Division, Fort Raynor Point), subordinated to the III (Combined Arms) Corps of the 18th Army and the Southern Banner Group, separately reaffirmed their neutrality in the presently ongoing civil dispute in Drak-Modan and their commitment to the defence of the frontiers of Drak-Modan against Guttuli aggression, operating within the framework of the Joint Military Council of the Raspur Pact.
- 23: To accommodate the bulk of evidence and potential indictees, the Joint Tribunal on Crimes in and for the Lower Elwynn issued instructions for the prosecutorial staff divide cases into categories for their separate processing by subsidiary tribunals.
- 24: The Joint Tribunal on Apollonian Nationals and the Joint Tribunal on Keltian Nationals are opened, with the designated purpose of identifying and prosecuting any private companies, front organizations, and individuals in Apollonia and Keltia, respectively, who aided the Guttuli Protectorate regime in its crimes.
- 25: A story breaks in the Ransenari press that reveals that in the year leading up to the Ransenari general election of 1683, the awarding of the yearly Queen’s Honors favored large IDP donors, key labor union leaders, and others instrumental in helping finance the IDP’s electoral victory that year. The revelations rock the Ransenari political establishment.
- 2: Following the effective collapse of the garrisons maintained by the Western and Southern Banner Groups in the insurgency ridden islands of Jadid Khaz Modan the Central Banner Group is authorised to undertake Unternehmen Paukenschlag with three primary objectives in mind:
- To recapture the Isle of Benacia;
- To relieve or, if their position is untenable, to evacuate, the XXX Salb and the loyalist forces trapped in the "Lapano Pocket" on Florencia;
- To interdict maritime and airborne traffic between Florencia, the Iridian Isles and the Isle of Benacia.
- 3: Florencian separatist forces move in on the Black Legion troops still in the Lapano Pocket, encounter fierce resistance. Maritime traffic among the island move to smaller vessels and night time, to as much as possible avoid UGB raids. Meanwhile, the separatists on Benacia raid armouries abandoned by UGB forces in preparation of a possible assault on the island.
- 4: In Lachmeren and Lywall the roads between Merensk, Šlomxala, and &zeter were closed to civilian traffic by roadblocks placed by troops of the General Inspectorate of Benacia Command at key intersections, whilst patrols of UGB gendarmes and local gubernatorial militiamen enforced the diversion of traffic and forcibly detained travellers found along the restricted routes. The roads, thus cleared, were monopolised by convoys of trucks and armoured personnel carriers for the remainder of the day.
- 5: Pasquale Paoli communicates in secret with Amalric Woehrle, the Sanaman representative to the Raspur Pact, presumably to ask Sanama to interdict on the behalf of the separatists with the Permanent Commission.
- 6: Port Benacia suffered its first air raid of the present crisis, with a nighttime strike against the inner harbour being carried out by two P-1 Taube. The pair of infamously loud turboprop flying-boats jettisoned their mixed payload of depth-bombs, drifting contact mines, and booby-trapped sensor probes amongst the moored trawlers and trading boats before departing away to the west.
- Dawn: A convoy of six Florimell-class Troop Landing Ships exited the inner harbour of Marinestation Šlomxala, led by the Brigand-class LSV "Black Lach" and escorted by four Coastal Patrol Craft, and set out upon a south-south-westerly course.
- Dusk: Intense aerial activity was observed in the airspace around the Łoïdhafen &zeter with 92 GAV-4(U) Jackalope, 40 GAV-5 Nereid, and 5 -6 Zephyr forming up over the aerodrome before rapidly gaining altitude and disappearing away from the view of ground based observers on a southerly bearing.
- Dawn: Port Benacia was rocked by a series of detonations as the harbour area was bracketed by the impact of twelve S-3 Schlächter ballistic missiles launched from the Šlomxala Arsenal minutes earlier. Although falling within a 500 to 1000m radius the missiles had the Government House at the head of the harbour, and the Towers of Fortune and Tranquillity, twin lighthouses, near its mouth, as their aiming points. The salvo had seemingly also included two misfires, one falling 4km west of the ruins of the fallen Sky-Tower whilst the other had spun wildly after launch and disintegrated during the upwards portion of its trajectory over the Cosimo Sea. Coinciding with the fall of these missiles, the first wave of Jackalopes utility transports, escorted by Nereid gunships and with the Zephyrs in loitering overwatch, had swept over the island from the north. The Jackalopes passed the Hill of Tuné to its east, and continued their progress towards Port Benacia, reportedly machine-gunning any villages or herds of grazing kallamyn that they passed over.
- 12: —
- In response to the looming offensive on Benacia, the rebel forces on the island hunker down and start to dig in to defend Port Benacia. Florencian and Iridian leaders call for a ceasefire and negotiations. Florencian rebels close in on the Lapano Pocket, but seem reluctant to strike due to fear of reprisals.
- At the same time, a massive uprising on the island of Naudia'Diva puts MoMA Station Sagittarius in danger. Security forces across the island are caught off guard and retreat to the station. Rebel leaders express sympathy for and alignment with the United Isles.
- 14: Lord Chief Steward Sean O'Callaghan is questioned by the opposition leaders in the first Parliamentary Questions session in the Ransenari Congress since the bombshell revelations of a cash-for-honors scheme in the years preceding the 1683 general election. O'Callaghan denied involvement in the scheme and announced that he would appoint an independent Inspector-General on the advice of Congress, the first of its kind in Ransenari history. The Leader of the Opposition, Wilson Hart of the Ransenari Liberation Party, grilled the Lord Chief Steward on the details of the scheme. He also pressed for a separate Congressional Inquiry into the allegations.
- 15: Ophir Percival Roger, Sean O'Callaghan's chief fundraiser for the IDP's 1683 campaign, is arrested en route to Goldfield International Airport, intending to take a flight to Constancia. He posted bail later in the day, and in a dramatic press conference in front of the Goldfield Constable HQ insisted that he is innocent.
- 18: The Goldfield Constable begins an inquiry into claims that peerages have been "sold" amid claims of a link between a number of wealthy individuals who donate or loan money to the Imperial Democratic Party of Ransenar and those who receive a peerage. The complaint was brought by the Leader of the Opposition, Wilson Hart, after it emerged that eight wealthy businessmen, who had lent the IDP a combined total of €47 million, were personally nominated by the Lord Chief Steward for life peerages.
- 19: Rebels on Naudia'Diva have overrun the main town The Lodge and begin the siege of MoMA Station Sagittarius. Insurgents use homemade torpedoes and mines to attempt to block approach to the station from the sea, while small arms and a few RPGs are used against attempts to relieve the station from the air.
- 22: —
- Fränzi-Fjǫrleif of Vórgota and Noor Charlotte of Myrthelan were born in Castle Islàn near Hyfrost. The second twins were born from the marriage between Arkadius Frederik Gustavus des Vinandy and Esther of Anglia.
- The Subsidiary Joint Tribunal on Apollonian Nationals issues 15 indictments, with trials to begin in early 1685 AN.
- 23: —
- The Kingdom of Batavia and the Frankish Empire form a supranational union: the Franco-Batavian Empire.
- The Subsidiary Joint Tribunal on Keltian Nationals issues 24 indictments, with trials to begin in early 1685 AN.
- 24: With the formation of the Franco-Batavian Empire, the Shirerithian government unilaterally expels Batavia from the Shirerithian Customs Area with de jure effect from 1.I.1685, and de facto from the next day.
- 25: The Sublime Acquiescence marked the transition of control over the Alalehzamini Autonomous Republic from the N&H cadre which had governed the AAR since independence to a new faction led by the House of Osman and the descendants of Daniel Simrani-Kalirion.
- 9: The Guttuli Corps begins deploying armed patrols beyond the Lowbrook-Pandor Line, with the aim to properly account Raspur Pact forces along the Drak-Modanian frontier.
- 13: A skirmish between the Guttuli Corps and Laqs of the 5th Pesyk'°ehe F'yc'ehe ends inconclusively.
- 14: Negotiations on a treaty between Franco-Batavia and Shireroth begin in the form of exchange of letters between with Benjamin Cambernon, Prime Minister of Batavia, for the Franco-Batavian side, and Lord Serratus, Commissioner of International Trade, Imperial Ministry of the Exterior, for Shireroth. Negotiations initially focus on the end of Franco-Batavian occupation of Naudia'Diva and the legal status of the Batavian–Shirerithian treaties preceding the formation of Franco-Batavia.
- 20: Franco-Batavian–Shirerithian treaty negotiations: With negotiations touching on things other than originally envisioned, the Imperial Advisory Council sets a deadline for the negotiations until 36.XV.1684, and supplants the Shirerithian side with representatives from other imperial ministries, viz. Lady Neriui (Commissioner for Rites and Citizenship, Imperial Ministry of State) and Iain Liczka (Director of Etiquette and Standards, Imperial Household Agency).
- 22: Declaration of Fuconara proclaims the independence of the United Isles from the Unified Governorates. The provisions of the declaration only apply to areas under rebel control. Does not apply at all to the Isle of Benacia.
- 25: The Goldfield Constabulary questioned a serving Ransenari Cabinet minister, for the first time, as a witness in the investigation of the 1682-1683 AN cash for peerages scandal, the Minister of Breweries and Tourism Fiachna McGee.
- 7: The Goldfield Constabulary questioned Lord Chief Steward Sean O'Callaghan as a witness in the 1682-1683 AN cash for peerages scandal investigation; he was not arrested or named as a person of interest.
- 9: The Goldfield Constabulary questioned Lord Protector and former Regent Ruadh Aldric as a witness in the 1682-1683 AN cash for peerages scandal investigation; he was not arrested or named as a person of interest.
- 10: The Duchess-in-Council issues directives to deploy militia and logistics personnel to the Circle of Isenbury, in response to intelligence that the Guttuli Corps is deploying additional forces to their frontier.
- 13: Salome summons Ahyim Dźasbatyq°e to Maltenstein, where he is appointed Standard Bearer over a force of seven battalions of Ŝḥenĉeł'yhe and an equivalent number of militia to provide regular infantry, armor, and artillery, with the mission to counteract Guttulinese aggression.
- 24: After days of deliberation, listed on the meetings calendar as "Treaty Negotiations", Kaiseress Salome returns to Shirekeep to meet with the Imperial Advisory Council. At the conclusion of this meeting, a troop of Sentinel Guards, under the command of Tribune Tovii Kutepin, escorts the Kaiseress and the IAC membership to the Great Hall. A new slate of senior government officials is decreed.
- 1: Rumors reach beyond the confines of Raynor's Keep, that at least one government commissioner had been sent to the Kelb. Salome makes preparations to return to Maltenstein, escorted by a column of Palatini.
- 2: Salome oversees the granting of lands in southwestern Lichkeep to Lady Iddo Neriui. Attending the enfeoffment is Lord Aloys Serratus. In a breach of stately decorum, Lord Serratus and Lady Neriui are seen holding hands while the party ceremonially inspects the estate.
- 4: Lady Iddo Neriui is stricken from the membership list of The Workers', a political advocacy group in Kezan, during an impromptu meeting of its steering committee. The committee refrains from releasing a comment when asked.
- 11: Lord Daniel Mortis du Grifos is released from The Kelb and placed on a transport to the County of Amity under Sentinel guard, so that he may begin his service there as Lord Lieutenant.
- 16: Lord Kai bi-Folłur-Tuifals and Mr. Awaz Rahimdokht, Commissioners for International Trade and for International Cooperation, respectively, successfully translate a letter into Istvanistani. Minister of the Exterior, Lord Aloys Serratus, signed off on its transmission without reading.
- 36: Last day of the applicability of the Shirerithian Customs Area to Batavia.
|Timeline of Modern Benacia
- ^ Albeit with the slight complication that residents on the island first had to prove their loyalty by re-signing the Covenant in their own blood and, furthermore, by presenting the decapitated head of one of their fellow islanders who had been more tardy in rendering their full and unconditional submission.