|Full name||Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine|
|Race||Half Draconian, quarter Neemite, eighth Hazel, eighth Ziegeish|
|Hair color and style||Blonde|
|Date of birth||1646|
|Place of birth||Tassity, Natopia|
|Occupation||Duchess of Hazelwood|
Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine is the second born child of Asara Sisu and Kyle Kilynn. Born on 13 Blumuar, 1646, in Tassity, Flaventia. Through her mother she belongs to the House of Waffel-Paine, and through her father she belongs to the Line of Drak. Her brother is the Natopian emperor Nathan II. She was Supreme Judge and Head of State of Drak-Modan until the Drak-Modani republic was replaced by a monarchy with her nephew, John Hilding Waffel-Paine re-installed as king. She now lives with her husband, and the father of her children, in Hazelwood where she serves as duchess and advocate for women's rights and Hazel culture.
- 1646-1657 Lady Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady in Jorvik
- 1657-1668 Her Grace Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine, Duchess of Hazelwood, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady in Jorvik
- 1668-1672 Her Imperial Highness, Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine, Princess of Natopia, Duchess of Hazelwood, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady in Jorvik
- 1672-1678 Her Majesty, Clara des Vinandy - Sundara Waffel-Paine, Queen consort of Batavia, Archduchess of ‘s Koningenwaarde, Grand Duchess of Helderbourgh, Princess of Natopia, Princess of Vinandy, Duchess of Brandenburg, Duchess of Gasconje, Duchess of Hazelwood, Duchess of Levensburg, Countess of Bourbon, Countess of Dasburgh, Countess of Girond, Baroness of Ammerswoude and by the Loet, Baroness of Bergkirche, Baroness of Heydelberg, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady of Audinghen, Lady in Jorvik, Lady of Paravel
- 1678-1678 Her Imperial Majesty, Clara des Vinandy - Sundara Waffel-Paine, Empress consort of Francia, Queen consort of Amokolia, Queen consort of Batavia, Archduchess of ‘s Koningenwaarde, Grand Duchess of Helderbourgh, Princess of Natopia, Princess of Vinandy, Duchess of Brandenburg, Duchess of Gasconje, Duchess of Hazelwood, Duchess of Levensburg, Countess of Bourbon, Countess of Dasburgh, Countess of Girond, Baroness of Ammerswoude and by the Loet, Baroness of Bergkirche, Baroness of Heydelberg, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady of Audinghen, Lady in Jorvik, Lady of Paravel
- 1678-1679: Her Imperial Highness, Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine, Princess of Natopia, Duchess of Hazelwood, Nawab Begum of Tassity, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady in Jorvik
- 1679-1685: Her Honorable Majesty, Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine, Supreme Judge of Drak-Modan, Princess of Natopia, Duchess of Hazelwood, Nawab Begum of Tassity, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady in Jorvik
- 1685-1698:Her Imperial Highness, Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine & Drak, Princess of Natopia, Duchess of Hazelwood, Mankari of Tassity, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Lady in Jorvik, Lady of the Holy Lakes
- 1698-present:Her Imperial Highness, Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine & Drak, Princess of Natopia, Duchess of Hazelwood, Mankari of Tassity, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God
Clara, along with her brother Nathan II, were fostered in Stormark until she was six years old. Upon return to Natopia on Nathan II's 8th birthday, they both separated themselves from Stormark's ruling house.
From 1669–1672 she was Chancellor of Natopia. She campaigned on an anti-Stormark platform, pledging to use all Imperial power to wipe clean any remaining Vanic corruption following the Uppheaval. In 1670 she created the West Tapfer Initiative, which bolstered the economies of Opaeghia and Massat to prevent them from ever falling into Vanic decay again. Internal reviews of her policies have shown that while the economies of the demesnes improved and the lives of non-Vanics improved, those who had Storish ancestry were treated cruelly. In response Clara has said, "The miners and loggers spent their final days the same way vulnerable persons spend their entire lives living under the oppressive and backwards Vanic rites: fearful, afraid, powerless, taken advantage of, exploited, and trafficked against their will."
On 14 Lentemaand 1670 (Batavian Calender), it was announced that Clara had engaged to His Majesty Arkadius Frederik Gustavus des Vinandy, King of Batavia, Archduke of ‘s Koningenwaarde, Prince of Vinandy, etc. etc.
Arkadius and Clara appeared to have met for the first time at the coronation of Arkadius. After that an exchange of letters took place and the love story between the two of them started.
On 7 Bloeimaand 1672, Arkadius and Clara married in the Cathedral of 's Koningenwaarde. Children born from this marriage were later revealed by Clara to actually be sired by Cledywn Starshade. The Batavians below are hired actors used to replace Clara's children to avoid embarrassing King Arkadius.
- Elisabeth Asara was born on 29 Hooimaand 1674 (1 XV 1674 AN).
- Karel Kyle was born on 16 Herfstmaand 1676 (16 VIII 1676 AN).
- Gustavus Nathan was born on 14 Slachtmaand 1678 (24 VII 1678 AN).
On 11.X.1678, she announced her intention to divorce her husband, renounce all her titles and nationalities in her husband's countries, and forever leave his countries to return to her birth land. Her reason for divorce was that she was being used as a public apologist and sympathizer for the Froyalan Tribunal and Batavia, Amokolia, and Francia were all falling into the dark Vanic web under Arkadius. Private discussions between her and Arkadius proved useless, as the chauvinist king was intent on controlling her life. This resulted in an ultimatum from Clara to Arkadius: "Either you stop using me to speak at pro-Vanic events or I will divorce you!" He refused the demand, so she immediately declared her separation and fled the country with her children. At the time she wanted a clean, quick break from Arkadius and his pro-Vanic sympathies so she allowed child actors to impersonate her children, hoping to protect her actual children from public attention. She made public arrangements to have her three children remain in Batavia with family, so that Arkadius could avoid embarrassment and continue his line. Clara later recalled, "It was clear to me that I was only a baby-making machine for him. He wanted the prestige of my Waffel-Paine family name, the titles bestowed upon him by my brother, and the connections it brought to a powerful and ancient empire. He lusted after land and titles, not me. He definitely "married up" and when I began to assert myself, like the true Vanic he is he couldn't handle the idea of a woman with her own thoughts and motivations. I had hoped leaving the child actors in Batavia would satisfy his greed for power, no one would know they weren't his and he could establish his dynasty without me or my children." The divorce is legally recognized on 21.X.1678 AN, she is stripped of her titles that she obtained at her marriage.
On 22.X.1678 she arrived in Drakorda, to visit her nephew and niece and collect her thoughts. Drak-Modani media reported that she was traveling with an infant boy, a two year old boy, and a 4 year old girl. Reporters commented that they bore a striking resemblance to the Batavian royal children, an accusation that initially Clara refuted, simply stating that her three children were left in the care of their Batavian grandparents, and that these three children, allegedly Modani orphans, were part of a humanitarian project she had taken an interest in. While she was settling in Drak-Modan, the Batavian and Frankish monarchy subjected her to harsh accusations of being a bad mother. She had wanted nothing more than a clean break from her piggish boar of a cuckhold ex-husband, but he kept taunting her. She was forced to reveal the truth. Once she was fully settled and protected in Drak-Modan she revealed that the children she brought with her were her biological children, and that their father was not Arkadius, but Cledwyn Starshade, with whom she had been having an affair for years. The true and legal names of Clara and Cledwyn's children are:
- Lisa Waffel-Paine, born 1 Geburtsber, 1674 AN
- Carl Waffel-Paine, born 16 Natopuary, 1676 AN
- Stav Waffel-Paine, born 24 Friedeber, 1678 AN
On 23.X.1678 Clara announced that she would remain in Drak-Modan and announced the formal adoption of the so-called Modani orphans and publicly gave their names as Lisa, Carl, and Stav Waffel-Paine. She announced that after consultations with her brother, Nathan II, that it would be ideal for Clara to stay in Drakorda and serve as protector of her nephew John Hilding Waffel-Paine when he would accede to the Drak-Modani throne in a year. She also hinted at the possibility of rejoining the political world by accepting a consulting role with the Benacian Bagelcratican Party.
In 1679 the political situation in Drak-Modan had deteriorated to such an extent that the Drak-Modani Abdication Crisis resulted the slow abolition of the Drak-Modani monarchy. It was replaced by a fundamentalist lindstromist republic. Clara was asked to serve the new government's first Supreme Judge and head of state. The Imperial Court of Natopia issued a declaration of congratulations to Clara and hoped that the new government will allow for closer and more equitable Natopian-DrakModani relations.
In 1680, on Lisa Waffel-Paine's sixth birthday, it was announced that Lisa had begun an advanced placement preschool program with an emphasis on ethics, empathy, philosophy, and objectivity, which would assist her when she inherits the Supreme Judgeship from her mother.
In 1681 it was announced that Clara had proposed to her longtime friend, Cledwyn Starshade, with whom she worked together to regrow the Great Hazel Woods in 1663. Their close relationship developed into an on-again off-again love affair for the next 15 years. Mr Starshade announced that after the marriage, he would seek to formally adopt Clara's three children Lisa, Carl, and Stav. "I have a great affinity for those kids," Starshade told reporters, "After Clara settled in to Drakorda, she began corresponding with me again, and soon I was on my way to this foreign land to be with her. Before she became Chancellor of Natopia, I entertained fantasies of running away with her and eloping. We kept our relationship a secret, and after she was elected chancellor we saw each other only a few times a year. I was devastated when she was married, but I understood she and I were from different worlds." The reporter then asked if there was any truth to the rumors that Clara and Cledwyn continued their affair while she was queen of Batavia. Cledwyn kept talking, "I'm just so glad I reconnected with her after her divorce. And I've developed a great affinity for these kids, I see a lot of myself in their faces and mannerisms. I'm honored that Clara trusts me to allow me to help her parent them with her. She tells me I'm just like a father to them."
On 12.VII.1682 she announced via her publisher the upcoming release of a tell-all memoir, titled "My Name is Clara" in which she recounts her tumultuous early years in Stormark, young love with her paramour Cledwyn, rising to become Chancellor of Natopia, an arranged marriage with the Batavian king, the Vanic corruption of her husband Arkadius, her fleeing him to protect her children, and her reunion with Cledwyn the true father of her children.
In 1683, Fen Starshade of Waffel-Paine & Drak was born, the first child born of Clara and Cledwyn after their marriage in 1681.
Following the Drak-Modani Civil War, as a result of the Kurpla Conference, Clara, Cledywn, Lisa, Carl, Stav and Fen all moved back to Hazelwood where Clara was given the Duchy of Hazelwood due to her and Cledwyn's efforts in replanting it. When the family settled into the ducal palace in Hazelwood City, Clara announced that she was pregnant with her and Cledwyn's fifth child. The dukedom of Hazelwood, historically only held by the heir apparent to Flaventia, was disassociated with Faronic inheritance. Nathan II indicated his hope that Clara and Cledwyn's children would begin a new Starshade branch of the Waffel-Paine family, that was more closely aligned with the Hazel people.
In 1691, Clara and Cledwyn issued a joint statement to affirm the true parentage of their children. "We, Clara Sundara Waffel-Paine and Cledwyn Starshade, are the true and biological parents of Lisa Starshade (nee Elisabeth Asara des Vinandy), Carl Starshade (ne Karel Kyle des Vinandy), and Stav Starshade (ne Gustavus Nathan des Vinandy). It is true that Clara was having an affair during her marriage to Arkadius. It is true that she intentionally caused confusion and ambiguity by suggesting she left her children in Batavia after the divorce. It is is true she revealed the truth of her affair, and the true father of her children following accusations of being a bad mother. It is true that the des Vinandy doubles known as Elisabeth, Karel, and Gustavus are not related by blood to Arkadius. Let this stain on his dynasty be his eternal punishment for choosing Vanicism over his wife. May Bous have mercy on his pitiable soul."
|Chancellor of Natopia
Ernesto de la Cruz
John Hilding Waffel-Paine
as King of Drak-Modan
|Supreme Judge of Drak-Modan
John Hilding Waffel-Paine & Andrea Drakland
as King & Queen of Drak-Modan