|Principality of Arboria|
|Motto: Semper Dornan Fidelis|
|Largest city||Brunopolis, Aristarchus, AD Center, St. Christopher's|
|Official language(s)||Natspeak, Treesian, Babkhi, Universal|
|Official religion(s)||Bovinism, Treesian|
|- Prince||Esmeralda al-Osman|
|- Legislature||Council of Arboria|
The Principality of Arboria is a union of the demesnes of Arboria Proper, New Aquitane, Universalis, and Transegale situated within Natopia. Arboria began under its first prince, Iain de Vembria as a resurrection of Treesia and it soon accumulates many former territories of Treesia, Aerlig, and the Grand Commonwealth. Many of these territories have been lost after the legal declaration of Vembria's death and the passage of the Principality to Isabella Kalirion. Under her, it continued the Arborian tradition of amassing disconnected territories that fell under the personal control of Isabella Kalirion by various means. It is now governed by Isabella's daughter, Esmeralda al-Osman.
In accordance with the Consensus of Government of 1676, the Principality of Arboria Act 1684, the Caprine Code, and the Constitution, the demesnial government of the Principality of Arboria is forever and permanently vested in Her Serene and Eminent Imperial Highness Princess Esmeralda of Arboria, Princess of Molivadia, of the Houses of Osman, Ayreon-Kalirion, and Santiago-Santander; and the heirs of her body lawfully begotten, and their descendants in a direct line.
This authority to govern is delegated to a Chancellor of the Principality of Arboria, appointed and serving at her pleasure, assisted by a Chief Minister and Ministers of the Principality of Arboria appointed by the Chancellor and serving at his pleasure.
The Chancellor and Chief Minister are counseled by the Senate of Arboria, consisting of 50 members who have a six-year term. The Governors of Transegale, Arboria del Sur, Mar Sara and Northern Arboria appoint one representative to serve a six-year term, and their respective legislatures, by resolution, elect a qualified resident to serve for a six-year term. The residents of each province elect one representative, and the residents of each chartered city elect one representative. The remainder of the seats are elected by the residents of the Principality at large.
They are further assisted by the Council of Arboria, composed of individuals who serve at the pleasure of the Princess.
As provided by a Decree in Council  bearing date at Brunopolis, Transegale, 15.XI.1695, Transegale, Arboria del Sur, Mar Sara, and Arboria Proper (thereinafter designated henceforth as Northern Arboria) were recognized as provinces of the Principality.
The Government of Transegale is vested in the Governor of Transegale, assisted by the Vice Governor of Transegale and counseled by the Transegale Assembly, which consist of 50 elected members for a three-year term. The Governor and Vice Governor are elected for a six-year term, but may not run for re-election for the succeeding term after their service.
The Government of Transegale has powers to collect revenues, maintain roads, waterways, byways, public lands, public utilities, uphold domestic order, and cooperate with all Demesne Union, Principality, and Imperial public authorities, and sits in Brunopolis.
Arboria del Sur
The Government of Arboria del Sur is vested in the Governor of Arboria del Sur, assisted by the Vice Governor of Arboria del Sur and counselled by the House of Representatives of Arboria del Sur, which consist of 50 elected members for a three-year term. The Governor and Vice Governor are elected for a six-year term, but may not run for re-election for the succeeding term after their service.
The Government of Arboria del Sur has powers to collect revenues, maintain roads, waterways, byways, public lands, public utilities, uphold domestic order, and cooperate with all Demesne Union, Principality, and Imperial public authorities, and sits in Isabellatun.
The Government of Mar Sara is vested in the Governor of Mar Sara, assisted by the Vice Governor of Mar Sara and counseled by the House of Assembly of Mar Sara, which consists of 24 elected members for a three-year term. The Governor and Vice Governor are elected for a six-year term, but may not run for re-election for the succeeding term after their service.
The Government of Mar Sara has powers to collect revenues, maintain roads, waterways, byways, public lands, public utilities, uphold domestic order, and cooperate with all Demesne Union, Principality, and Imperial public authorities, and sits in Augustgrad.
The Government of Northern Arboria is vested in the Governor of Northern Arboria, assisted by the Vice Governor of Northern Arboria and counselled by the House of Delegates of Northern Arboria, which consists of 50 elected members for a three-year term. The Governor and Vice Governor are elected for a six-year term, but may not run for re-election for the succeeding term after their service.
The Government of Northern Arboria has powers to collect revenues, maintain roads, waterways, byways, public lands, public utilities, uphold domestic order, and cooperate with all Demesne Union, Principality, and Imperial public authorities, and sits in Tirlar.
By Decree in Council bearing date at Isabellatun, Transegale, 12.XII.1696, the southern part of Northern Arboria was designated as the Mirkdale Peninsula, and The Government and economic development of the Mirkdale Peninsula was vested in the Mirkdale Peninsula Development Authority, chaired by the Princess of Arboria, with the Chancellor of the Principality of Arboria as Senior Vice Chair, and the Chief Minister as Vice Chair, with the Governor of Northern Arboria (or their representative) as a statutory member, as well as such other individuals as the Princess of Arboria would be pleased to appoint as members, all of whom shall serve at pleasure. The Mirkdale Peninsula Development Authority has powers to collect revenues, maintain roads, waterways, byways, public lands, public utilities, uphold domestic order, and cooperate with all Demesne Union, Principality, and Imperial public authorities, and sits in such place within the Mirkdale Peninsula that it may designate.
Law Enforcement and Judicial System
There is a Crown Prosecution Service, headed by the Crown Solicitor-General and composed of Senior Crown Prosecutors, Crown Prosecutors, and Associate Crown Prosecutors , who are individuals learned in law, and who are appointed by the Princess of Arboria and serve at pleasure and good behavior.
There is an Office of the Public Defender, headed by the Chief Public Defender and composed of Senior Public Defenders, Public Defenders, and Associate Public Defenders, who are individuals learned in law, and who are appointed by the Princess of Arboria and serve at pleasure and good behavior, with the duty to represent individuals and institutions who cannot otherwise afford to defend themselves, as sworn under oath.
There are Inns of the Arborial Courts at Arboria, Transegale, and Universalis, which comprise all practitioners of law in the Principality. It has its own rules to govern its affairs.
The Crown Court
The Crown Court is the final court of appeal in the Principality. It is comprised of The Princess of Arboria in Council, who delegates this authority to the Vicegerent. The Princess of Arboria may exercise her prerogative to supercede the decisions of the Vicegerent at any time.
The Court of Chancery
The Court of Chancery has original and exclusive jurisdiction in actions regarding religion and the religious, the cities, municipalities or towns, individuals holding office under authority of the Princess of Arboria, or controversy as to title to, or ownership, administration or possession of buildings, land or other real or immovable properties.
There are three branches that sit at:
a. Tirlar, covering the entirety of Arboria proper; b. Brunopolis, covering Transegale; c. Aristarchus, covering Universalis
Each branch of the Court of Chancery shall be headed by a Presiding Justice, who is an individual learned in law, who is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of the Princess of Arboria.
An Admiralty Court, with original jurisdiction on maritime disputes, sits at:
a. Tirlar, Arboria Proper
b. Eocharis, Arboria Proper
c. Fort Jan-Jak, Transegale
d. Cape Isabella, Transegale
e. Woodport, Transegale
f. Bronze Coast, Transegale
g. Bight Bay, Transegale,
h. Tethys, Transegale
i. Estatia, Universalis
j. Aristarchus, Universalis
Each branch of the Court of Admiralty is headed by a Justice of the Admiralty, who is an individual learned in law, who is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of the Princess of Arboria.
Metropolitan Trial Court
Metropolitan Trial Courts, with original jurisdiction for all other cases not within the jurisdiction of the Crown Court, The Court of Chancery, or Admiralty Court, sit at:
a. Transegale: Brunopolis, Fort Jan-Jak, Kalfu, Nerthus, Tethys, Bight Bay, Bronze Coast, Duck Head Bay, Woodport, Cape Isabella, Marinette, Laguna;
b. Universalis: AD Center, Zoom City, Estatia, Miria, Koloniatsk, Aristarchus
c. Arboria: Fort Nider, Eocharis, Duilne Doras, Tylmarinnyn, Relgannan, Tirlar
Each branch of the Metropolitan Trial Court is headed by a Justice, who is an individual learned in law, who is appointed by, and service at the pleasure of the Princess of Arboria.
Defence and security
A full 30% of the military potential of the Natopian Defense Force is allocated to the Apollonian Continental Theatre Command of the Raspur Pact. Approximately half of that resource allocation is assigned to the NDF garrison in Arboria Proper, with the remainder being focused on the holdings of the Most Serene Union around Port Saint Andre. NDF manpower and equipment assigned to Arboria Proper is distributed amongst the following three formations which constitute the Arboreal Banner Group based in Fort Nider:
- Exercitus Arboriae (Western Arboria)
- Exercitus Comitatenses (Western Arboria)
- 224th Army (Central Arboria)
The two exercitī, the Arboriae and the Comitatenses were formed from field armies "inherited" by Natopia after the collapse of Shireroth in 1672 AN and continue to be manned by the descendants of the defecting imperial soldiery. The 224th Army, meanwhile, is Tapferite in origin, brought over during the War of Lost Brothers, and continues to recruit from that continent.
Auxiliary formations are provided by the 1st Division of the Arboreal Guard, the 17th Vanguard Division, and the 77th Brigade of the 7th Vanguard Division.
The Transegale (Nautical & Maritime Provisioners, Victuallers, Wholesalers & Merchant Venturers) Trading (Derivatives, Dividends & Securities) Company of Brunopolis' trading as 'The Transegale Trading Company' is a major player in the economic and financial life of the Principality of Arboria. In 1699, discussions are ongoing with the Arborian Government on the entry and expansion of Entrepreneurship Services Bank to engage in lending and commercial services targeted to small and medium enterprises, particularly in Mar Sara.
Transportation and Public Works
As of 13.XIV.1622, DUI - Duilne Doras airfeld, EUC - Eucharis airport, Fort Nider airfield, and TIR - Tirlar international airport were operational within the Principality of Arboria. 
Significant transportation and other public works development took place in light of the Post-Chidao Troubles, particularly in the area governed by the Mirkdale Peninsula Development Authority.
Alongside the reinvigoration of transport infrastructure in the Principality of Arboria by the incorporation of the West Natopian Shipping Corporation on III.13.1704, the Transegale Railway Corporation on III.14.1704, the Arboria del Sur Railway Corporation on III.15.1704, and the Mar Sara Railway Corporation on III.15.1704, the Northern Arboria Railway Corporation was incorporated to finally bring the Arborian-Senyan Railway project into fruition on III.16.1704.
Power generation and distribution within the Principality of Arboria is the responsibility of the Arboria Principality Power Corporation, a state corporation chartered via A Decree of The Princess of Arboria in Council on III.17.1704.
The utilization, exploitation, development, conservation and protection of water resources in Arboria is subject to the control and regulation of the Arborian government through the Water Commission, which has the duty and responsibility to ensure that the people have safe and clean water to drink, as well as to help secure the water needed for industry, agriculture, and other economic activities, and to ensure proper desalination and sewerage management. It is also charged to undertake the construction of water wells, rainwater collectors, and construction and rehabilitation of existing water catchment facilities. The Water Commission was established by A Decree of The Princess of Arboria in Council on 8.VI.1684.
The 3rd Principate
Exasperated with the lackluster and moribund style of governance of the Council of Arboria (which had been rather benevolently left to their own devices since the death of Isabella Kalirion), under the guise of travelling for official ESB business, Esmeralda al-Osman took the long circuitous air route, via (Tapferite Airport) and (Istvanistani Airport), to make a surprise visit to Fort Nider, burst into the council chamber, and having introduced herself, commanded the issuance of a new Consensus of Government - which was promptly hand-delivered to the Natopian Emperor during the return refueling stop at Lindström.
Over the next few weeks, a series of Decrees of The Princess of Arboria in Council (issued on technically-Natopian soil, at the Imperial Embassy of the Natopian Nation at Astérapolis, Constancia) restructured the governments of the demesnes of the Principality, dissolved the sitting legislatures and popular assemblies, appointed new officials, and reminded the peoples of Arboria that Esmeralda was very much like her mother, Isabella.
Governance under the 3rd Principate
After the grant of assent and approval by the Emperor, the Council of Arboria was reconstituted on 24.XIV.1676, with the appointment of Joseph Meir, Chargé d'Affaires ad interim of the Imperial Embassy of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation at Astérapolis; His Serene and Eminent Imperial Highness The Prince of Molivadia, Autokrator of Constancia, and Augustus Mirkdale, Vicegerent of Arboria as members of the Council.
Gunther Bauer was appointed representative of the Principality to the Frenzy.
Local Government under the 3rd Principate
After the adoption of the Consensus of Government of 1676, the Council of Arboria was reconstituted on 24.X.1676, and Augustus Mirkdale was appointed Vicegerent with plenipotentiary powers. A Decree of the The Princess of Arboria in Council bearing date 1.XV.1676, recognized The People’s Assembly at Saint Christopher’s, and the Council of Nobles of the Duchy of New Aquitane as institutions, and appointed Michael Maximillian Watson as plenipotentiary Lord Lieutenant over the Duchy of New Aquitaine. A Decree of the The Princess of Arboria in Council bearing date 1.XV.1676, confirmed previous decrees establishing a Board of Control, Board of Control for the Poor, Constituent Assembly, and Departments.
Elections were held for the Constituent Assembly, and The Constituent Assembly of Transegale was convoked on 5.II.1684.
On 15.XI.1695, the Princess of Arboria issued a Decree in Council  completely reorganizing local government in the Principality. This decree confirmed the provinces of the demesne as Transegale, Arboria del Sur, Mar Sara, and Arboria Proper, which was renamed to Northern Arboria. Each province was to be led by a Governor, assisted by a Vice Governor, and counseled by a legislature (Transegale Assembly, House of Representatives of Arboria del Sur, House of Assembly of Mar Sara, House of Delegates of Northern Arboria), while provincial capitals were designated in Brunopolis, Transegale; Isabellatun, Arboria del Sur; Augustgrad, Mar Sara; and Tirlar, Northern Arboria.
Law Enforcement and Local Justice System under the 3rd Principate
Military and Local Defense under the 3rd Principate
A 1654 Decree of the Council of Arboria procured by Natopian Minister of Security Isabella Kalirion appointed herself as Marshal-in-Chief of the Demesne Defence Forces, ordered total mobilization and of personnel and resources to meet the requirements of war. An order of battle for the same year listed nominal strength of 1,113 officers & 99,900 enlisted personnel, militia & ancillaries.
A rescript of the Council of Arboria bearing date at Fort Nider on the 10th day of Tasneber in the year 1658 ordained that the Reserve Force of the Demesne Defence Forces shall be re-designated as the Expeditionary Force and restored to its nominal established strength in anticipation of its deployment to secure the Demesne of Transegale on the continent of Tapfer.
Princess Isabella Kalirion, while in her capacity as Natopian Secretary of Defense, mustered a force consisting of Natopian citizens aged 16 to 65 and resident in Arboria and New Aquitaine of no more than 24,000 strong, later known as the Arboreal Volunteers. Recruits beyond that number were assigned to civil defense duties.
Comprising 16 regiments of militia, 20 squadrons of auxiliary combat support personnel, and 20 squadrons of trained weapons systems operators, the 40 squadrons were enrolled in and considered paid members of the Natopian Army, while the 16 regiments of militia were considered unpaid volunteers, but were given a weapon and a uniform.
Beginning 1705, frequent maneuvers took place in Arboria del Sur, as well as military exercises designed to test reinforcement response time in the area governed by the Mirkdale Peninsula Development Authority. Training also took place in Molivadia and Shahzamin, with the Guard playing the role of OPFOR for the Imperial Constancian Armed Forces.
A Decree bearing date 17th day of Regnuary in the year 1684 reconstituted the Demesne Defense Forces of the Principality of Arboria as the Arboreal Guard, comprised of a militia, air guard, and coast guard. All able-bodied nationals of Natopia, who reside in the Principality of Natopia, who are at least 18 years of age, and who are physically and mentally eligible for military service, and who are not otherwise members of the Arboreal Air Guard, Arboreal Coast Guard, Natopian Constabulary, Natopian Armed Forces, or Raspur Pact armed forces form the militia.