Community of Goldfield
|Community of Goldfield|
|Official language(s)||Common Tongue|
|- Head of the Community||co-Emperors of Western Natopia Vadoma I and Edward I|
|- Secretary-General of the Community||TBD|
|- Main assembly||The Heads of Government Council|
|Organisation forum||Discord server|
The Community of Goldfield, also referred to as "the Community" or "the Goldfield Community", is a political and economic association of six member states, who all are members of the Raspur Pact. The main institutions of the Community are the Heads of State Council, the Heads of Government Council, and the Community Secretariat. Other bodies of the Community of Goldfield include the Trade and Commerce Harmonization Council, the Sports and Cultural Council, and the Foundation of the Community of Goldfield.
The creation of the Community dates back to early 1699 AN, when Ransenar sought diplomatic and political partnerships within the Raspur Pact that extended beyond the Benacian continent after the events of the Scouring and the Second Elwynnese Civil War. During its formal and informal diplomatic talks, Ransenar pursued greater political, economic, and technological cooperation from Natopia, Nouvelle Alexandrie, and other Raspur Pact trade partners. Initially, the community was built on the basic connecting cultures and political ties between the cultures of Natopia, Nouvelle Alexandrie, and Ransenar. From its cultural pursuits, the early efforts from cooperation in the Community led to the facilitation of renewals of television and radio programming licenses for its member nations' TV networks and agreements in intellectual property protection, and the creation of the Sports and Cultural Council. Many of these talks took place in the cities of Goldfield, Ransenar and Fontainebleau, Nouvelle Alexandrie.
In 1705 AN, talks by Natopian, Ransenari, and New Alexandrian diplomats and government officials in Lindstrom, Natopia bore fruit with the Goldfield Community Protocols of 1705. Further cooperation facilitated by the Protocols of 1705 was further fueled as many of its member nations were involved in subduing the Great Vanic Revolt, facing the division of Natopia, and/or dealing with the recession of 1709. These protocols were replaced by the current Charter of Lindström, which formally constituted the Community in 1712 AN.
The title of Head of the Community is currently held by the co-Emperors of Western Natopia Vadoma I and Edward I, they hold the position for three AN years, with the term starting once all member nations have ratified the new Charter of Lindström. The position of Head of the Community rotates around the members of the Heads of State Council. The order of succession is set by the Charter of the Community, but may be revised by a two-thirds vote (2/3s) of the Heads of State Council or whenever a new member joins the Community. The successor to Western Natopian leadership of the Community shall be the Benacian Union.
Member states have no additional legal obligations to one another, as they are all already connected through their common membership in the Raspur Pact. Their membership in the Pact has facilitated the establishment of many close cultural, economic, political, and historical ties between them. The member nations also have significant populations of one another's citizens and their descendants, with the Alexandrian, Ransenari, and Wechua diasporas among the largest.
- Common threads:
- Huge presence of Alexandrians in Natopia and Ransenar;
- Cultural and religious relationships between Natopia and Nouvelle Alexandrie (Bovinism, Melusinianism, Church of Alexandria);
- Cooperation in trade, intelligence, counterterrorism, and other policy matters;
- Coordination and harmonization of policies/positions within the Raspur Pact;
- Economic dependence on exports and imports of the other - in particular, Ransenari food exports;
- Ransenar begins to look "outwards" from Benacia in the aftermath of the Second Elwynnese Civil War, and begin to build closer ties with Natopia and Nouvelle Alexandrie;
- Widespread use of the Natopian currency as a common currency among many of the member nations;
- Need for a body to help coordinate exchange rates, help facilitate trade harmonization, extend credit to companies to facilitate exports and imports, etc.
- The rise of Neridia and Alduria/Islas de la Libertad/New Luthoria as being entrepot trade bastions important to all the economies involved
- Ongoing political, military, and diplomatic dialogue/coordination:
- Ongoing cooperation in the Raspur Pact;
- Council for the Integration of Ransenar and Nouvelle Alexandrie;
- After 1700 AN, Benacian-Ransenari Advocacy Group;
- Natopia-Ransenari dialogue.
Charter of Lindström
- Head of the Community
- Office of the Head of the Community
- Heads of State Council
- Heads of Government Council
- Community Secretariat
- Sports and Culture Council
- Trade and Commerce Harmonization Council
- Foundation of the Community of Goldfield
Heads of State Council
Head of the Community
Office of the Head of the Community
Heads of Government Council
Secretariat of the Community
- Secretary-General of the Community
- Deputy Secretary General of the Community
Sports and Culture Council
Trade and Commerce Harmonization Council
Foundation of the Community of Goldfield
- Charity work, coordination of common disaster response, humanitarian involvement/joint projects;
- Non-profit work.
|Nation||Member since||Currency(ies)||Population||Capital(s)||Head of State|
|Nouvelle Alexandrie||1705 AN||New Alexandrian écu||Cardenas||King Manco Cápac I|
|Constancia||1706 AN||Imperial stater||Petropolis||Basileus Giakoumis|
|Benacian Union||1711 AN||Benacian sovereign||Chryse||Szodan Daniyal ibn Daniyal|
|Western Natopia||1706 AN as Natopia
|Natopian natopo||Geneva||Co-Emperors Vadoma I and Prince Edward|
|Eastern Natopia||1706 AN as Natopia
|Natopian natopo||Lindstrom||Emperor Nathan III|
|Normark||1711 AN||Norse krone||Elijah's Rest||King Tarjei Thorgilsson|
|Nation / Organisation||Member since||Currency(ies)||Population||Capital(s)||Head of State / Organisation|
|Euran Economic Union||1711 AN||Imperial stater · New Alexandrian Ecu · etc||Fontainebleau|
Currency Harmonization Project
Natopo as a common currency
Setting exchange rates
Goldfield Aviation Alliance
Beginning in 1716 AN, and taking place under the aegis of the Trade and Commerce Harmonization Council, the Community initiated a concerted push to increase the proportion of total trade between member-states that would be carried by commercial aviation. With the threats of both the former-USSO and Bassarid piracy receding during the early eighteenth century after Norton the seasonal sailings of SATCo-controlled trade fleets could be supplemented by more timely movements of passengers and cargo by commercial aircraft. To this end, the Honourable Company was incentivised by member-states to offer loans on generous terms to airlines and logistics firms willing to countenance bulk purchases of the Javelin Sojourner airliner.
Primary aviation hubs
- / Benacian Chrysean Airport (Chryse)
- Francis Joseph II International Airport (Geneva)
- / Verkehrsflughäfen Merensk (Merensk)
Joint research and development projects
- Allied Production Matrix
- Continental resource extraction zone
- Neridian Commodities Exchange
- Trade fleets