With nations on Micras having a wide range of cultural influences, languages play a considerable part in their makeup.
Many real-world languages, both natural and constructed, have found their way onto Micras. Due to some long-standing ties to Earth-based projects, these languages are often referred to by their traditional names on this wiki. However, many contributors instead use "in-sim" names for languages—often alluding to former nations—as listed below:
- ^ A The community's lingua franca, and most common means of in- and out-of-character interaction, is English. As such, no particular nations or regions are universally accepted as a "home" for English on Micras.
- ^ B This usage has overtaken the original Slavic-influenced conlang of the Republic of Istvanistan, also called Istvanistani.
- ^ C Officially a conlang formed from Italian and French influences.
- ^ D Officially a conlang formed from Kagoshima-dialect Japanese and Middle Korean influences.
- ^ E Officially a conlang formed from Scottish Gaelic and Welsh influences.
Micras' constructed existence means that a number of constructed languages, or "conlangs", are also used on the planet. These can include languages built primarily from scratch with extensive vocabulary and grammar, those which are rudimentary pidgins from natural languages, effective ciphers, and even languages which have been described but have no recorded lexicon. Articles regarding such languages are categorised here.