Mar Sara is an island in the south of Micras, currently a dependency of Natopia.
Origins and Etymology
Mar Sara was founded as an independent country by Thomas Hubert in September 2000, named after a planet in Starcraft. The country was quickly defeated by forces led by Orion during the Three Hours' War, but its existence was remembered by the MCS Cartographers and it was included in the Series One map.
In its natural state, Mar Sara is about three-quarters tundra (though outside the ice-cap) and mostly flat. According to legend, an ancient spacefaring race (possibly related to the Jasonians) landed on the island and built the Machine of Xulthan. This massive structure was built deep in the side of the central mountains. Inside, the ancient engineers had constructed massive boreholes deep into Micras' crust, accessing huge amounts of geothermal energy. This geothermal energy not only powered the machine but it provided a steady heat source. The combination of machinery and heat was used to terraform the island into several different climate zones which the ancients used as test areas for what is presumed to have been greater plans for Micras. But the race of ancients disappeared and their plans never progressed beyond the island. After years of neglect the machine fell silent and Mar Sara slowly returned to a land of ice and snow.
Mar Sara began life as an independent country, although it was never listed that way on the map. Orion, who had led the forces occupying it during the Three Hours' War, had a strong claim to it, but he often gave it to other countries and then changed his mind, leaving several strong empires with good claims to the land, and almost resulting in war more than once. In Series One, it was Jasonian; by Series Three, it was divided, with North Mar Sara under Shireroth and South Mar Sara under Treesia. By Series Five, South Mar Sara (along with the rest of Tapfer) was Menelmacari, and by Series Six, Shireroth had taken over the whole island. By Series Nine, Shireroth had been pushed into the south by Matbaic colonizers in the north. Shireroth continues to hold the south as part of the Duchy of Yardistan, but the north is currently unclaimed.
History under the Principality of Arboria, Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation
In accordance with the Laval Peninsula Reunification and West Tapfer Organizing Act , granted assent  on 22 Sonnuber 1690, Section 2, subsection 3 of the law provides that, "The region of Mar Sara is added to the Demesne of Arboria."
History under the 3rd Principate
On 15.XI.1695, the Princess of Arboria issued a Decree in Council  completely reorganizing local government in the Principality. This decree confirmed the provinces of the demesne as Transegale, Arboria del Sur, Mar Sara, and Arboria Proper, which was renamed to Northern Arboria. Each province was to be led by a Governor, assisted by a Vice Governor, and counseled by a legislature (Transegale Assembly, House of Representatives of Arboria del Sur, House of Assembly of Mar Sara, House of Delegates of Northern Arboria), while provincial capitals were designated in Brunopolis, Transegale; Isabellatun, Arboria del Sur; Augustgrad, Mar Sara; and Tirlar, Northern Arboria.
On her 27th birthday, Princess Rosamund was vested as Duchess of Mar Sara, in the peerage of the Principality of Arboria of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation, with pre-eminence, by her mother in a ceremony at Tirlar, and formally declared Vicegerent, as well as Heiress Apparent, of the Principality of Arboria.
In 1703, Princess Rosamund, Duchess of Mar Sara, was personally present to formally open the session of the House of Assembly of Mar Sara, under commission granted by her mother, Princess Esmeralda of Arboria. Thereafter, she took time to visit every settlement and city, and to hold court for a few hours to resolve certain disputes.