Delfinenstrand (Sangunese: 海豚浜, Irukahama, "sea-pig beach") is a lordship on the eastern coast of the province of Asara Eliana (Whales, Natopia). Its lordship is vested in Iñigo al-Osman Primo de Aguilar. Until his turning 18, the affairs of the lordship were managed by his parents Esmeralda al-Osman and Jaime Augusto Joaquin Primo de Aguilar.
Located on the eastern coast of Asara Eliana, Delfinenstrand borders Perlenküste in the north-east, Schneeschildkrötenland in the south-east, Mishimakawa in the south-west, and Kleinstadt in the north-west.
Delfinenstrand was established as Delphinenstrand in 1624 by Fürst Ludwig von Walstadt. Its first lord was Lothar von Walstadt, who was born out of Ludwig von Walstadt's liaison with Rosalda of the Neurändern in 1604.
Immediately garrisoned by the ESB-Kosaken-Brunïakis-Afzælt upon announcement of the appointment of His Serene and Eminent Imperial Highness The Prince Iñigo of Molivadia and Arboria as Lord of Delfinenstrand. Imperial Constancian Navy Logistic Support Vessel KP Basileous Theophilos with merchant vessels and an escorting flotilla are deployed to assist with settlement operations.
Functional port construction begun at area designated the Southern Encampment, contract awarded to ESB Construction. Delfinenstrand International Airport planned.
An Imperial Constancian Consulate-General was opened effective 4.VI.1689. By resolution of the Board of Directors of the Honourable Company on 5.XV.1690, a branch of the Imperial & Emirati Bank of Alalehzamin and Constancia was opened, effective 1691.
The latest population figures, based on a census conducted by the ESB Group is 3,486 as of the start of 1694. Of this number, 46% had Constancian nationality, 2% had other (non-Constancian, non-Natopian) Raspur Pact nationality, 9% had non-Raspur Pact nationality, 7% were stateless, and the rest were Natopian nationals.
In 1696, at the behest of its future lord, the stateless individuals were to be granted Delfinenstrand residency and eventual Natopian nationality, on the condition that exemplary local military or civil service be provided for at least five years, failing which, they would be sentenced to expulsion.
The Lordship is governed by His Imperial Highness Iñigo Lorenzo Aloysius Shahnaz al-Osman Primo de Aguilar, Prince of Molivadia and Arboria, through his parents, the Prince of Molivadia and Princess of Arboria, who jointly act as his guardian over the Lordship and issue decrees in his name during his minority.
Alvar Ahlgren, commander of the 4th Cossack Engineer Squadron, 55th Regiment of the Honourable Company (Divisional Troops), ESB-Cossack-Cuirassier-Division, is Lord High Constable and has the duty and responsibility to uphold law and order and to implement Decrees.
Russell Aldridge is Lord High Treasurer and has the duty and responsibility to ensure the proper collection of taxes and fees, to safeguard the coffers of the Lordship, and has, as subordinates, a Deputy Treasurer to act in his stead, a Commissioner of Lands and Natural Resources, with the duty and responsibility of superintending all land and natural resources within the lordship, and a Lord High Reeve, who collects and remits all taxes and fees due to the Lordship. A Deputy High Reeve, appointed in 1699, serves alongside the Court of the Lordship of Delfinenstrand as counterpart to the Lord High Reeve.
The seat of government of the Lordship of Delfinenstrand is Pharos Keep, while the Court of the Lordship of Delfinenstrand is wherever Prince Iñigo and his parents are resident. At the moment, the official address of the Court is at Molivadia House, the Aqaba residence of the House of Santiago-Santander, pending construction and completion of Irukahama Tower in Tapfer Plaza, Aqaba.
Considering the relative isolation of its location, access to healthcare was a primary concern. The island's primary healthcare facility began as a tented military aid station that soon evolved to a functional clinic for construction workers in a two-story building, and into the present day Delfinenstrand General Hospital, a 100-bed facility that provides full medical and dental care, although certain surgical specialties are limited.
In 1699, a Consultative Council of the leading residents was formed to provide recommendations on policy and local concerns.
His Imperial Highness Iñigo Lorenzo Aloysius Shahnaz al-Osman Primo de Aguilar, Prince of Molivadia and Arboria, took full possession of the fief and terminated the guardianship of his parents on 5.II.1700, via proclamation which he personally read out in Pharos Keep.
The Honourable Company, as noted above, provided a garrison force drawn from the ESB-Kosaken-Brunïakis-Afzælt. As of 1689 AN, this was led by the 55th/4th Cossack Engineer Squadron, supported by detachments consisting of one troop of cavalry (mechanised/light armour), one troop of horse artillery (sans ponies, which remained at Chur), and one section-level fire team specialising in ground-based area defence.
By direct command of the Deputy High Commissioner of the Raspur Pact, volunteers from the Arboreal Guard and the Imperial Constancian Armed Forces were transported to Delfinenstrand via the flotilla led by the LSV KP Basileous Theophilos. This brigade-sized formation, commanded by Taxiarchos (Brigadier) George Frost of the Imperial Constancian Army, was interimly designated Task Force Delfinenstrand, operationally reporting to XXXI Corps and Cibola Command based in Hauptstadt Walstadt, Whales.
In 1696 at the behest of its future lord, a Delfinenstrand Guard under the supervision of military officials of the Raspur Pact was constituted, and a School for Basic Soldiery under the auspices of the Raspur Pact was established, with 50-member conscript classes graduating every six months, and a leader's school of 50 members graduating every 12 months.
On 6.II.1700, the guard ship, Imperial Constancian Navy Logistic Support Vessel KP Basileous Theophilos, was transferred to the Lordship by Autokratorial Decree, and renamed Delfinenstrand Guardian. Orders were likewise placed to reliable suppliers.
At the transition to the new Lordship, subsistence fishing and animal husbandry was the primary economic activity. In 1690, ESB Construction was the largest employer in the demesne, thanks to the construction of the port as well as the proposed Delfinenstrand International Airport, while Southern Encampment transitioned from a tent city to a container-van city, to eventually something resembling a planned urban settlement, thanks to the functional expertise of ESB Construction technical specialists and staff, and with support from the other companies of the ESB Group.
In 1695, talks were begun over the proposed establishment of a Eura - Whales air route over the south pole. In 1699, a branch of Entrepreneurship Services Bank was opened, to engage in lending and commercial services targeted to small and medium enterprises.
In 1716, a branch of the Bank of Molivadia was opened.