Timeline of New Batavia
From MicrasWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|History of New Batavia|
|Portal New Batavia|
The Islamic Republic of New Batavia is the successor state of the Virtual United Provinces, the Republic of the Netherlands and the Islamic Internet Republic. The nation was founded in 2007 en became involved to the Micras sector in 2009.
First Republic Era
- 2007-01-14: The website and the forum of the Virtual United Provinces go online.
- 2007-01-18: Formation of the Revolutionary Council.
- 2007-01-20: Formal proclamation of the "Union of Utrecht 2007".
- 2007-01-21: Ratification of the Union of Utrecht by the Free State of Antwerp.
- 2007-01-24: Ratification of the Union of Utrecht by the Free State of Ghent. The constitution enters into force.
- 2007-03-03: First elections for the Upper and Lower House of the States-General.
- 2007-03-23: Oath of office of the first Stadtholder: Frans.
- 2007-04-03: Treaty of friendship with Batavia.
- 2007-04-24: Establishment of the central bank "Centrale Bank der Nederlanden.
- 2007-04-29: The Stadtholder ends the state of emergency in the province of Ghent.
- 2007-05-09: Ratification of the treaty of friendship with Brabantia.
- 2007-05-15: Ratification of the treaty of friendship with Flanders.
- 2007-05-19: Ratification of the Dutch Treaty.
- 2007-05-25: Ratification of the treaty of friendship with Nederburg.
- 2007-07-02: Accession of the province of New Batavia to the Union.
- 2007-08-20: Start of the "Ghent Resurrection" against the provincial government.
- 2007-10-03: Nomination of Erwin V.H. to the office of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- 2007-11-06: The Central Bank moves from phpBank tot VeenBank.
- 2007-11-19: Two directives make international trade possible withing the NEVO.
- 2008-02-07: The provincial government of New Batavia leaves the country. As a consequence, the province loses its statute as a province and is henceforth administered as a federal territory.
- 2008-06-11: The remaining provinces ratify the new constitution that was proposed by the joint assembly of the States-General a few days before. The new constitution will go into effect on June 14, 2008.
Second Republic Era
- 2008-06-14: The new constitution takes effect, establishing the unitary Republic of the Netherlands.
- 2008-06-18: The National Assembly gies confidence to Floris V as first prime minister.
- 2008-09-29: The government loses a vote of confidence in the National Assembly. The Assembly is dissolved and new elections will be held.
- 2008-11-11: Alejendro is appointed to the office of Prime Minister.
- 2008-12-31: Jeroen Van Veen becomes the new Prime Minister.
- 2009-02-01: Calvin Klein is elected to the office of President of the Republic.
- 2009-03-26: The Supreme Court rules that the President cannot combine the offices of President and MP. The President resigns as MP.
- 2009-05-02: The cabinet loses a vote of confidence. De president dissolves the National Assembly and orders new elections to be held. The cabinet crisis was due to Nihill Romez leaving the Patriotic Alliance after disagreeing on the party's main issues. After leaving the party, he was fired by Prime Minister Frans.
- 2009-06-01: Nihill Romez wins the elections, forms a cabinet and becomes Prime Minister.
- 2009-07-22: Breda Crisis: Flanders tries to annex the Netherlands, but says later that it was meant as a little joke.
- 2009-08-11: Alejandro is elected to the office of President.
- 2009-08-24: Nihill Romez forms his second cabinet as Prime Minister.
- 2009-10-01: The Netherlands make a claim on Micras, which is accepted.
- 2009-10-21: The Netherlands are accepted into the Small Commonwealth.
- 2009-12-08: Frans announces to leave active politics and proposes to dissolve the Patriotic Alliance.
- 2009-12-15: The Patriotic Alliance is dissolved.
- 2010-02-17: Nihill Romez is elected to the office of President of the Republic.
- 2010-01-04: Max is appointed to the office of Prime Minister and forms a "cabinet of national unity". All MP's back the government.
- 2010-03-12: Both Prime Minister Max and minister Alejandro resign and give up their citizenship.
- 2010-04-28: Prime Minister Jef Vermussen says President Nihill is inactive and becomes acting president. He orders new presidential and parliamentary elections and dissolves the National Assembly.
- 2010-05-17: Saladin is elected to the office of President of the Republic.
Third Republic Era
- 2010-06-11: Ratification of the new constitution.
- 2010-06-29: Saladin is elected first Sadr of the Third Republic. On the same day, the first session of the Majlis-al-Sjoera convened.
- 2010-09-18: Appointment of Frans to the Islamic Diwan. Frans only accepted the appointment after expressing his apologies for the missteps at the time of the overthrow of Nihill Romez and the Second Republic.
- 2010-09-24: Re-appointment of Erwin V.H. to the office of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- 2010-09-27: Approval and assent of the Electronic Code, first one in a series of new codes to reform the wikiwiki and the forum.
- 2011-01-24: Accession to the SCUET.
- 2011-04-19: Tzipi is appointed to the office of Vizier of Economy and Finances by Grand Vizier Xander.
- 2011-05-31: Newspaper Jumhuriya issues a press release on the looting of the national treasury and transferring the money to Batavia.
- 2011-06-18: Announcement of the latest election results, resulting in a deadlock and difficult formation.
- 2011-07-04: Voluntary exile of the head-of-state: Sadr Saladin.
- 2011-07-06: Grand Vizier Xander joins the Sadr.
- 2011-11-20: The claim on Micras is forcibly removed.
- 2011-12-20: Membership of the MTO is cancelled.
- 2013-09-21: The Sadr appoints Frans to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2013-11-20: The Government-in-Exile is offered sanctuary by the Republic of Mercury. The meetings are held in the City of Lucerne.
- 2014-12-11: The Sadr appoints Soufiane Khan to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2017-02-12: The Sadr appoints Hamit Abdul to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2017-02-18: The Sadr appoints Redouan van Lucerne to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2018-11-16: The Sadr re-appoints Hamit Abdul to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2020-08-29: The Sadr appoints theologian Faisal Van Looveren to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2020-09-15: The Sadr appoints Zakaria Bennani to the office of Grand Vizier. Start of the restoration crisis.
- 2020-10-05: The Sadr re-appoints Redouan van Lucerne to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2020-10-22: The Sadr re-appoints Faisal Van Looveren to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2020-10-31: Appointment of Grand Vizier Redouan van Lucerne by Sadr Saladin, ending the restoration crisis.
Third Republic Restoration Era
- 2020-10-31: Acceptance of the claim by the MCS to resettle the island of New Batavia.
- 2020-11-03: Elections for the Majlis-al-Shoera result in a victory for the IRP.
- 2020-11-04: Re-appointment of Redouan van Lucerne to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2020-11-10: Re-election of Saladin to the office of Sadr.
- 2020-11-10: Establishment of the NNVF, organizing competitions and tournaments of association football in New Batavia.
Fourth Republic Era
- 2020-11-30: In a referendum a new constitution is adopted, thereby renaming the nation to New Batavia.
- 2020-12-03: Establishment of VBNB, a federation competing with the NNVF in organizing competitions and tournaments of association football in New Batavia.
- 2020-12-04: Hurmu and New Batavia sign a treaty of friendship and non-agression.
- 2020-12-04: Hazar and New Batavia sign a treaty of friendship and non-agression.
- 2020-12-09: Appointment of Abdullah van Nedersticht to the office of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- 2020-12-10: Establishment of IJNB organizing competitions and tournaments of ice hockey in New Batavia.
- 2020-12-11: Recognition of the VBNB and the IJNB to represent New Batavia in international sports competitions.
- 2020-12-13: The President refuses to sign the treaty between Hurmu and New Batavia on the grounds of it being unconstitutional. The Supreme Court confirms this.
- 2020-12-16: The Dutch text of the treaty between Hurmu and New Batavia has been approved. It's the first treaty since the restoration of the Republic.
- 2020-12-25: Approval of a treaty with Calbion.
- 2020-12-26: A treaty with the Thraci Confederation has been signed into law.
- 2020-12-28: The very first football match was played, in the NNVF Honor Division for women: VV Vrijplaats to VV Patriottenbaai was 1-0.
- 2021-01-03: The treaty with Phinbella has been signed into law.
- 2021-01-08: New Batavia received a 2020 FNORD Award in the category "Tis but a Fleshwound" for returning to Micras, with an unbroken history, after so many many years.
- 2021-01-16: The treaty with Batavia has been renewed, acknowledging the historical and linguistic bond between the two nations.
- 2021-01-31: Faisal Van Looveren founded the South Corum Independence Party. Its program is a reaction against the leading Islamic Revolutionary Party. It feels the needs of the settlers in Southern Corum, returning exiles, are being neglected by the Lucerne ruling elite. The party wants autonomy for the Southern Corum areas, if not, the party will demand for independence.
- 2021-03-03: After suffering great losses in the elections, the IRP forms a coloation government with Rania Lucius' DSB. Redouan van Lucerne will continue to head the government as Grand Vizier.
- 2021-03-12: A constitutional amendment was approved by referendum, making it possible to approve multilateral treaties in another language than Dutch.
- 2021-03-19: New Batavia joins the MTO.
- 2021-03-21: The South Sea Islands and New Batavia sign a Treaty of friendship and non-agression.
- 2021-04-04: The President signs the "Act local government 2021" into law, establishing 7 governorates.
- 2021-04-28: The Supreme Court rules that a dissolved Majlis-ash-Shoera cannot be reconvened by the Cabinet. The proposed "Act succession office holders" is in part unconstitutional.
- 2021-05-01: Re-election of Saladin to the office of President. Saladin was the only candidate, he received 87 % of the votes.
- 2021-05-16: First March on Broekszaal, in which descendants of former IIR citizens still living in the Green demand citizenship rights.
- 2021-05-28: The President signs the "Judicial code 2021" into law, regulating court procedure and establishing the Court of First Instance.
- 2021-05-31: After the third March on Broekszaal, the cabinet announced to start negotiations with the Green Committee on their demands.
- 2021-06-04: The Majlis-ash-Shoera authorizes the government to negotiate an expansion of territory on Micras and regulates citizenship rights and city rights in the new territories.
- 2021-06-09: The New Batavian claim for expanding its territory was accepted. All residents of the new areas were automatically granted citizenship and existing towns and cities are to be recognized as per the Act power of attorney expansion 2021.
- 2021-06-23: In the newly claimed territories 4 governorates have been established: Al-Akhdar, As-Saahil Al-Gharbie, Haasil and Kurum Al-Asghar.
- 2021-07-02: De IRP and DSB loose the elections, but the coalition is able to hold a narrow majority. President Saladin re-appointed Redouan van Lucerne to the office of Grand Vizier. SCIP won 10 seats and demands a swift independence of the governorates in Southern Corum.
- 2021-07-23: IRP and SCIP agreed upon a roadmap for the secession of the English speaking governorates. DSB strongly opposes the plans for secession.
- 2021-07-31: In a referendum two governorates vote to secede from New Batavia.
- 2021-08-31: The Majlis-ash-Shoera agreed to the creation of Kurum Ash-Sharqia. The governorates of Al-Ard Al-Moestasliha and Dar Al-Hoeriya secede from New Batavia.
- 2021-09-26: Saladin was offered and accepted the throne of Kurum Ash-Sharqia. Fairouz Farhani becomes acting president.
- 2021-10-12: Establishment of the Liberal Party of New Batavia.
- 2021-10-15: Mehmet Arslan becomes the nation's 6th president.
- 2021-11-01: The party landscape was drastically shaken up after the elections (see Majlis-ash-Shoera).
- 2021-11-03: President Mehmet Arslan appointed Fairouz Farhani to the office of Grand Vizier. She formed an IRP-LPNB coalition.
- 2021-11-16: The Act free movement of persons 2021 is signed into law. New Batavia opens up its borders.
- 2021-11-16: Craitland and New Batavia sign a friendship treaty in Cherry Trees.
- 2021-11-30: At the first anniversary of the Fourth Republic, the Badge of Honor of New Batavia was awarded to Saladin, Frans and Redouan van Lucerne.
- 2021-12-09: New Batavia and Kurum Ash-Sharqia sign an extensive free trade agreement in Patriottenbaai.
- 2021-12-22: President Mehmet Arslan refuses to sign the Convention on the Establishment of a Commonwealth Court into law and refers it to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court ruled that the convention is not contrary to the constitution.
- 2021-12-24: New Batavia joins the MTO ancillary treaties "Convention on the Establishment of a Commonwealth Court" and "Micras Intellectual Property Protection Act".
- 2022-03-01: The cabinet coalition is able to hold its majority in the Majlis-ash-Shoera. Fairouz Farhani remains Grand Vizier.
- 2022-04-13: Re-election of Mehmet Arslan to the office of President.
- 2022-07-01: At the general elections, DSB won 5 seats. The IRP lost 3 seats but remains the largest party.
- 2022-07-05: The IRP forms a new coalition with DSB. Fairouz Farhani remains Grand Vizier.
- 2022-10-15: Mehmet Arslan is re-elected to the office of President.
- 2022-10-28: The IRP-DSB coalition lost 3 seats in the Majlis-ash-Shoera, but continued their coalition.
- 2022-11-02: Appointment of Harun Kurumi to the office of Grand Vizier.
- 2022-11-30: Nick Perry was awarded the Badge of Honor, as a token of appreciation and gratitude of the New Batavian people towards Mercury.
- 2023-01-07: Establishment of the New Batavian Green Party.
- 2023-02-28: At the general elections, IRP had its worst result ever. The Green Party entered the Majlis with 8 seats.
- 2023-03-13: Rania Lucius of the DSB is appointed to the office of Grand Vizier. She is the first non-IRP Grand Vizier of the Fourth Republic.
- 2023-04-15: Sulayman Salem was elected the nation's 7th president.
- 2023-06-17: The President signed the "Act higher education 2023" into law.
- 2023-07-12: The Act publication of regulation 2023 is signed into law, making the forum obsolete.
- 2023-07-15: The government launched the website "Visit New Batavia" to attract more visitors.
- 2023-07-24: The president signs the Treaty between Çakaristan and New Batavia into law.
- 2023-08-05: The MCS accepted the expansion of New Batavia's territory to the south and to the north.
- 2023-06-30: At the general elections, Rania Lucius was able to keep the majority of her DSB-LPNB cabinet.