|Predominant language:||Lakkvian, Craitish, Hurmumol, Hurmu Norse, Crandish|
Vesüha (Hurmumol and Hurmu Norse: Huyenkula; Elw: Eanqul; Crandish: Hichanberg; Army Crandish (dated): Högankulla; Lontinian language: Yanqul) is the capital of Hurmu and of the Lake District. It is located on an isthmus between Holy Lakes of Cashma and Nwem. It is the fifth most populous municipality (after Niš, Khojinacinggha, Blue Lontinien, and Kaupang) in Hurmu, and the second most populous municipality in the Lake District (after Kaupang).
The names Vesüha, Huyenkula, Hichanberg, and Yanqul are co-official names of the city, and thus, postal services recognise all variants.
Vesüha municipality borders Kassmastrand in the north-west, Liderai in the east and south-east, Eldjaanion to the south, and Varna to the west. Moreover, Vesüha has maritime boundaries, across Lake Cashma, with Cashma Island, and Isammaland.
- Palace of the Elenaran (In Hurmu: Aryun Elenaran), the former capitol of Hurmu, finished in 1486 AN, was damaged severely in 1603 AN in the aftermath of the Hurmu Genocide, but was renovated in the 1650s. It was the grandest building of Huyenkula, built in Menelmacari style and housed the entirety of the Hurmu government. It also included several garden atria. Named in honour of the Elenaran of Menelmacar, it never once saw a visit by him, as Menelmacar folded and Hurmu went into Crandish protection. The name remained. In the years 1574 AN–1592 AN, it was the official residence of the Prince of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu, however, due to its geographical position, the Prince never did spend much time there, preferring Eliria instead. It is currently a museum and headquarters of the Order of the Holy Lakes. It is also here that the Senate of the Lakes meets. Members of the Senate have each a small apartment in the Palace.
- Presidential House, a small mansion built for the first president of Hurmu, Hallgrím Aðalgeirsson (governed 1476 AN–1479 AN), survived the Hurmu Genocide and, once expanded, got the Lakkvian territorial government as tenant until Hurmu's reunification in 1690. Since then, it has housed the executive offices of Hurmu, including the Prime Minister of Hurmu. During Hurmu's Storish era, it was the official residence of the Storish delegation to Hurmu.
- Parlerment House, one of the oldest buildings in Vesüha, which housed the Parlerment of Hurmu Republik, the Thingy of Hurmu, the legislature of Lakkvia, and today houses the Assembly of Representatives.
- The ruins of the Hurmu Gate, a former portal between the worlds located here. Destroyed in 1603 AN during the Hurmu Genocide. During the genocide, Jingdaoese soldiers used stone from the Gate to construct a giant statue of Sisera. This statue was destroyed rather quickly after the Lakkvians came to Hurmu.
- The Church of Elwynn cathedral, inaugurated in 1583, is a church in Treesian renaissance style in central Vesüha, and is the centre of the Diocese of Huyenkula (enu saqarion Eanqulion) which covers the entirety of the continent of Lyrica, as well as Lontinien.
- The Hurmu Gate Institute, a science institute dedicated to the old Hurmu Gate and the research into its science. Since the 1690s, three operational gates have been set up in the city. Huyenkula Gate is the Hub for the active network of gates, while Vesüha 1 and 2 are gates for research.
- The New Quarter, in the north-west of the city, which houses new university campuses and the headquarters of the MTO and WANC, and several new ambassadors.
The capital houses one of the major cantonments of the Hurmu Peace Corps and serves as the site of the General Headquarters for the HPC's Home Command. Garrisoned in the city are the 36th Command & Control Regiment, the 37th Senatens livgarderegemente, the 38th Honourable Regiment of Artillery, the 39th Regiment of Mounted Rifles, the 41st Regiment of Peacekeepers, the 60th Signals Regiment, the 66th Depot & Logistics Regiment, the 86th Medical Regiment, 98th Field Engineering Regiment, 102nd Electrical & Mechanical Engineers Regiment, and the 111th General Service Regiment.
The Allied Mission in Eastern Apollonia, Hurmu & Lyrica rotates a regiment through the capital district on an annual basis, with each national contingent obliged to provide the contribution to the garrison on a given year, according to the following schedule:
Sensitive sites around the city are also protected by the 71st Anti-air Artillery Regiment, with 24x Silver Hammer surface-to-air missile systems. Furthermore, four launchers for the Geneva 2 system complex positioned at the international airport provide an additional layer of anti-ballistic missile defence for the city.
The Parlerment and the ministry buildings of the Hurmu government, along with the strategic infrastructure of the Hurmu Gate Network, are protected by the Senatens livgarderegemente, with a Watch Troop of forty men assigned to each venue to provide an armed ceremonial guard. An armoured squadron and two cohorts of motorised infantry from the regiment are held available at heightened readiness in order to provide a quick response to any emergency.
The city is also the site of the Headquarters' Group and Training Section of the Hurmu Constabulary, which have occupied buildings on the "Parliamentary Estate" and make use of the surrounding grounds. Law and order within the city falls under the purview of a County Inspector of the 1st Class, equivalent in rank to a major, supported by parish constables and volunteers from the 1st Division of the Special Auxiliary Constabulary who maintain and garrison the parish blockhouses and conduct neighbourhood patrols. Constabulary duties also encompass the protection of Parlerment and the cabinet, which is interpreted as providing close protection for the ministers, senators and assemblymen - a duty undertaken by the Specialist Fire Arms Section of the Headquarters' Group.
Previous Garrison (1690-1700)
Security for the capital was formerly provided by the 12th and 22nd Kalisa Rrumëli Field Battalions garrisoned in the city to protect Parlerment and the buildings occupied by the Cabinet of Daniyal al-Osman. Following the scaling down of the Sanaman contribution to the Allied Reconstruction Mission in Hurmu during 1692 AN these were replaced by the North Lyrican Marine Infantry Brigade contributed by Alduria-Wechua. The garrison in the city could also call upon the 11th Kalisa Rrumëli Field Battalion billeted at the village of Quernass nearby and the 135th Motorised Infantry Regiment of the Black Legions and the Sanaman 13th Army Aviation Detachment, both stationed at Vesüha International Airport.