Hurmu Gate Network
The Hurmu Gate Network refers to the network of gates that allow for instantaneous transport between two gates through displacement of space-time.
All trips through the Gate Network were briefly put on hold from 2.VII.1703 for three months, due to the death of Kir Azariah Vidar during a solo transit from Huyenkula to Walstadt. An investigation identified breaches of standard operating procedures by a malcontented member of the hub control staff as the primary cause of the fractional gate misalignment incident. The gate resumed essential operations in support of the Hurmu Peace Corps during the Barikalus-Hurmu war thereafter.
In order to travel between two gates, for example between Kaupang and Ghawlama, the Hub will arrange for opening the network between these gates at a given time. Then each gate must make it available for travel from the other. Since 1705, it has been possible to have parallel travelling, that is, trips can occur at the same time (e.g., one trip fron Huyenkula to Maltenstein, and another from Kaupang to Lindström), as long as the same stations are not being in use. The Hub coordinates all travels for security reasons.
The Hub cannot open a gate remotely (for security reasons), but can close a gate remotely if it does not close on its own. Similarly, the Hub can block a gate from accessing the network this way.
- Cherry Trees Gate (C), Cherry Trees, Craitland. Opened in 1705.
- Huyenkula Gate (H, nicknamed "Hub"), Vesüha, Lake District (HGC). Acts as Hub for the entire network, similar to an air-traffic controller. No transport between any two gates may or can be made without the Hub's authorisation.
- Kaupang Gate (K), Kaupang, Lake District (HGC)
- Ghawlama Gate (G), Ghawlama, Lontinien (HGC)
- Gate Rumsɬæn-Maltenstein (M), outside Maltenstein, Shireroth (opened in 1698)
- Lindström Gate (L), Lindström, Natopia. Opened in 1699.
- Port Esther Gate (E), outside Port Esther, Warring Islands. Opened in 1705.
- Merensk Gate (B), Merensk, Unified Governorates of Benacia. Opened in 1700.
- Walstadt Gate (W), Walstadt, Whales, Natopia. Opened in 1702.
- Aqaba Gate (A), Aqaba, Constancia. Planned to be operational by 1712.
- Chryse Gate (X), Chryse. Prioritised for completion by 1710 AN.
- Konungsheim Gate (R), in Elijah's Rest–Konungsheim, Normark. Planned to be operational by 1712.
- Sanama City Gate (S), Sanama City, Sanama, initially planned to be operational by 1700, but its construction was halted by the outbreak of the Sanaman Civil War in 1698.
- Tarsica Gate (T), in New Lindström, Tarsica. The first gate outside Micras. Planned to be operational by 1706.
- Tyrador Gate (Ty), in Tyrador, Transprinitica.