This is a Hurmu article. Click here for more information.

Transprinitica

From MicrasWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Tverprinitska omraaðeð
Flag of Transprinitica
Flag
[[|85px|Coat of Arms of Transprinitica|frameless]]
Coat of Arms
Motto:
Anthem:
Location of Transprinitica
Map versions
Capital Tyrador
Largest city Tyrador, Jingbei, Lanmen, Luzhong
Official language(s) Istvanistani, Hurmu Norse
Official religion(s) None official
Demonym Transprinitican8x)
 - Adjective Transprinitican
Government District of Hurmu
 - Commissioner Viric Merrick
 - Legislature Board of Control
Establishment 1702 AN
Area
Population
Currency Crown (HUK)
Calendar
Time zone(s) CMT+1
Mains electricity
Driving side left
Track gauge
National website
National forum
National animal Reindeer
National food Salmon grill
National drink Whisky
National tree Maple
Abbreviation TBD

The Transprinitican District (Hurmu Nurse: Tverprinitska omraaðeð) is a district of Hurmu, located in Apollonia, west of Lontinien and Rekozemlje, and north of the GAE. It was founded in 1702 in consequence of Operation Tianhu. The area is under the jurisdiction of the Hurmu Peace Corps.

Its population, currently unregistered, is believed to house people of Jing, Slobovian and Gralo-Novatainian ancestry, with some pockets of Crandish and other Arminian groups possible.

The capital of Transprinitica is Tyrador, located on the district's west coast to the Northern Sea.

The district was opened to Umraid settlement by deportees from the Benacian Union following the Osman-Spiik Accord of 1703 AN.


Government & politics

Rulers of Transprinitica

Portrait Name Title Rule Tenure Birth Death Notes
Johannes Klaron Djupvik.jpeg Johannes Klaron Djupvik Commissioner 1702–1706 AN years 1670 Normark (Nordiskehjem) - Deposed in absentia by successor
- Viric Merrick Commissioner 1702- - 1679 Unified Governorates (Merensk) - Deputy Commissioner (1702–1706)

Board of Control

Municipalities

Following the occupation of the district seven municipalities were established based around the most defensible and populace settlements encountered in the Green. With the exception of Tyrador, the majority of these settlements are relatively compact as the population as a whole continues to live a semi-nomadic lifestyle in the surrounding countryside.

Name Superintendent Majority ethnicity Population Notes
Askuhafn Napier Crandish 35,667
Grøßenburg–Norðsloblandt Kronstadter Slobovian 86,994
Jingbei Eriksson Jing 43,732
Lanmen Chalmers Jing 55,824
Luzhong al-Bassani Jing 38,489
Markusarvik Rykenwald Umraid diaspora 47,632
Tyrador Henning Umraid diaspora 156,974

Each municipality is subject to an Superintendent Inspector of the Peace, appointed by the District Commissioner, each being supported by an inspector of the peace and eight officers of the peace with a detachment of eight rangers, sixty-four wardens, and five-hundred and twelve volunteer specialists of the peace corps. Following the example set by Tyrador, each municipality has a ten-man Advisory Council, appointed by the local superintendent, with responsibility for reporting the decisions of the government to the populace, and for facilitating the gathering of manpower levies, taxes, and tithes. The Special Auxiliary Constabulary's 6th Division, recruited from amongst the local populace, receives cash stipends, bolts of fabric, rifles, and horses, from the superintendents of the municipalities in which they are established and in return serve as the enforcement agents of the government when it comes to dealings with the populace at large.

Garrison and security

As of 1707 AN the garrisoned forces in the Transprinitica District, under the dual civil-military authority of the commissioner, comprises of the 15 Kavallerifördelningen of the Benacian Union Defence Force, the 149th (Paderborn) Armoured Regiment, 150th Port and Maritime Regiment, and 151st Aviation Base Regiment of the Hurmu Peace Corps, and the locally organised 6th Division of the Special Auxiliary Constabulary. This provides a theoretical maximum manpower establishment of 32,400 persons under arms. Additionally, the Jääkieli Regiment, consisting of 751 auxiliaries evacuated from Jaaland in 1707 AN, were resettled in Tyrador where they were placed under the discipline of the General Inspectorate of Apollonia Command.

Facilities include Tyrador Harbour and Airfield, under the control of the Sea and Air Departments of the HPC respectively, Tyrador Cantonment under the control of the BUDF, and the Paderborn Training Area occupied by the Land Department of the HPC. The Special Auxiliary Constabulary meanwhile established a barracks, gaol, and mustering ground, in each notified settlement of the Transprinitica District.

In view of the long and open frontier with the Qyzyl People's Republic in the south, and Ashinthael to the north, the garrison of the district has formed twenty-seven cohort manoeuvre groups in camps along the respective border regions (seven in the north, twenty in the south).

Although the resurrection of Gralan theurgy is also considered a threat to be warded against, the primary menace facing the district was the persistence of tribal warbands such as those which formerly operated from the Green of northern Apollonia. Particularly the delineation of the new southern border with the Kildari protectorate is accorded scant regard by the nomad raiding parties which fly the banner of the Qyzyl People's Army in order to ward off pursuit and attack once they are outside Hurmudan territory.

In view of the distances to be covered, each cohort manoeuvre group maintains a forty-man troop, trained in steppe riding, all of whom were equipped in the fashion and manner of dragoons, with a carbine rifle, sabre, an axe, and hardy Amokolian horses for their mounts, for the conducting of wide patrols in the border regions. These patrols are tasked with learning the landscape and the native cultures so as to become wholly familiar with their area of operations. To that end, in each forty-man patrol, at least eight men should be locally recruited members of the Special Auxiliary Constabulary, acting as scouts and interpreters.

In addition to the garrison, 4,158 HPC personnel are assigned to the municipal administrations of the district, their numbers drawn from the peacekeeper regiments and deployed on six monthly rotations.

History

Between the end of Operation Tianhu in 1702 AN and the culmination of the Barikalus-Hurmu war in 1704 AN the District of Transprinitica was administered by the Hurmu Peace Corps through Commissioner Djupvik and seven regional commandants who, like him, were scions of the Order of the Holy Lakes. As the war with Barikalus gave way to a new occupation regime, the personnel hitherto deployed in Transprinitica were recalled eastwards as their experience in administering newly captured territories was required in what was now a more pressing theatre. With the departure of the commandants, the seven municipalities were left to their own devices until the arrival of Benacian troops in 1706 AN and the appointment of HPC superintendents in the following year, as the regime of Commissioner Viric Merrick became more firmly established.

In the second month of 1710 AN a wave of protests swept through Transprinitica as Benacian settlers, including Umraists resettled in the territory under the Osman-Spiik Accord, set up barricades and occupied municipal buildings as a demonstration of their fury at being seen as dramatically undercounted in the 1710 Hurmu census. The Congress of Mullahs in Transprinitica maintained that figures shown to them by the Resettlement Office indicated that the Umraid population was 1,065,257 in total, clearly affording them the rights and consideration due to the majority population in the District. With these numbers breaking down as follows:

  • 921,602 Baatharzis
  • 102,708 Babkhis
  • 40,947 Agnesians

Demographics

Economy & infrastructure

Askuhafn

Grøßenburg–Norðsloblandt

Jingbei

Lanmen

Luzhong

Markusarvik

Tyrador