From MicrasWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
  Federal capital city and federal district  
Northcliff skyline
Nickname(s): The Cliff
Country Floria Floria
State Kingsland
Founded 1647 AN
 • Body City Council
 • Governor
Population (1723)
 • Total 20,351,295
 • Rank 1

Northcliff is the capital city of Floria and is the largest city in the country by population. The city is located in the northwest of the country, not far from the Kildarian border. The city has many attractions, such as ruined shrines from the country's Jingdaoese era and ruined buildings after the War of Lost Brothers amongst the modern buildings which make up the vast majority of the city today.

The city has a population of around 20 million residents.

Northcliff is an important city on Micras with the city having influences in finance, sports, tourism, fashion and politics. It serves as the political, economic and cultural capital of Floria. Northcliff hosted the 2021 FMF World Cup Final in which Floria beat Craitland by a score of 1-0.


Early history

Destruction after the war of Lost Brothers

The ruins of Northcliff after the war of Lost Brothers

Present day Northcliff

Present day Northcliff.


National government




Ethnic groups

75% of the city is ethnically Florian with the other 25% being from other countries.


Nazarene is the official religion for majority of the city's population with most following the Church of Floria. The head of the church lives in the city in the St. Peter Monastery.

Other religions are practiced in the city such as umraism.




Northcliff has one major airport Northcliff St. Peter International Airport, which is currently the largest airport in the Confederate States of Floria. The airport handles most international flights between Floria and other nations and it is one of the busiest airports on Micras.

It is the hub of Florian Airlines, Floria’s flag carrier and largest airline.


Northcliff is the main hub of rail transportation in the Confederate States of Floria. There are currently 10 train stations each serving a different district of the city.

Buses and trams

Cable car

The city operates a small cable service line operating above the city's two rivers. The cable car was built to cut transportation time compared to other modes of transport to cross the river.


Main article: Northcliff Metro

The Northcliff Metro opened in 1664 AN, after many delays such as the War of Lost Brothers and the subsequent economic crisis. Each metro station has its own mosaics, murals and other artwork and it is the city’s largest form of public transportation. The system has 36 lines, 470 stations and is the most popular way of public transport in the city.

Every Metro station has free WiFi and Trueman Pay payment facilities.







Northcliff is home to the headquarters of the FFL,SLF,FBA and SLB. The Northcliff metropolitan area hosts sports teams in all major Florian professional sports leagues.

The city currently plays host to 19 major professional sports teams, each with varying success. Two of Micras's largest stadiums can be found in the city. Due to the numerous amount of professional sports franchises and sports venues across the city, Northcliff is described as "one of the prominent centres of sporting excellence in Micras". In most peoples opinion, Northcliff is Micras's largest sports market. Gridiron football, baseball and association football are the most popular sports in the city. Northcliff United, the city's most popular football team are also Floria's most successful football club and are the joint most successful AEFA Champions' League winners.

The city is home the Raspur Pact Centre of Sports Excellence, the elite sports academy of the Raspur Pact which offers non-Florian athletes scholarships in numerous sports such as baseball, football, Florian Gridiron and basketball etc.

Northcliff also hosts the Northcliff Grand Prix, one of Formula Micras's flagship GPs.