Young Wandering Society
The Chidao Emperor
Ministries & Secretariats:
The Young Wandering Society was the largest youth association of Jingdao and successfully kept its monopoly as youth organisation in Greater Kildare. Military drills are common, and there is a heavy focus on the training of the children with as goal to create good soldiers. Since 1707 AN, a focus is put on nurturing Shirerithian patriotism and devotion to both the Heavenly Ligh and Kaiser.
The organization originally was established as a cultural institution that was intended to serve as the ideological counterpart of school. In practice, it served as a paramilitary group from the start (with the aim to train for future assignments in the Imperial Jingdaoese Navy or Imperial Armed Forces), as well as education in the career of choice, technology (including post-school courses for adults), or education related to home and family.
It carried out indoctrination with a message of Jingdaoese-ness and Jingbuism, which was increasingly important to integrate non-ethnic Jingdaoese who, as those groups easily could overtake the ethnic Jing in numbers. Before its existence, several minor and local youth movements existed, but those were eventually banned and merged to have more control over the youth's training and education.
Role within Great Apollonia
With the establishment of Great Apollonia, Hon Ben Erasmus ordered a new set of rules and guidelines to be published which included and lauded Jingdaoese values within a greater Apollonian society. Those were bundled in the Blue Book and published en masse throughout the Jingdaoese Community. The Society remained a strong defender of its military core values, while praising the Heavenly Light and loyalty to the Empire.
Symbols of the Tobu Emperor were introduced next to those of the Xinshi Emperor and the celebration of the birth of the Apollonian Emperor's fifth child became a festivity which was celebrated across all states.
Group leaders expressed their desire and hope to see the Young Wandering Society expand into the eastern States, to "unify the Apollonian people in both spirit, fraternity and values".
On Tapfer, recruitment campaigns offered the following :
- Your son or daughter will take part in a year-long trip around the Tapferite continent, starting off in Dødningknip and seeing cities like Carrasco, Bardou and Saint Jean Baptiste in Alexandria, Aristarchus, Butter Cow City, Lindström City, Anmutstadt and Frenzyville in Natopia and Port Chloe and Nether in Stormark.
- Your son or daughter will get plenty of physical exercise, apart from boat trips the entire route will be walked.
- Your son or daughter will learn to know other cultures and religions, learning how to tolerate them while still continuing to behave in accordance to Siseranist theology and ethics.
- Your son or daughter will be fed and dressed by the Society, wearing boots and uniforms based on the Apollonian Guard's combat dress.
- Excellent behaving children will have the opportunity to lead the march while carrying the Jingdaoese flag or the flag of the Society.
- Buzz-cuts or shaved heads are mandatory for boys, girls may not wear long hair loose.