Powers and duties
The Crown Council must be consulted and informed by the Sultan in case of:
- the appointment of a crown prince
- approving a marriage of one of the members of the House
- drawing up House rules and protocol
The Crown Council also:
- establishes the Sultan's incapability to rule, which can be overruled by the Sultan
- appoints a Regent when the Sultan is incapable to rule or when the crown prince is minor upon the death or abdication of the Sultan
- appoints a crown prince when there is no crown prince upon the death or abdication of the Sultan
Its meetings are presided over by the Sultan.
All male members of the House of Al-Lusirni, who have reached the full age of 18, are members of the Crown Council. As long as Sultan Salah Ad-Din's sons are minor, the princess consort and the incumbent Grand Vizier shall be members of the Council.