The Socialst Platform (S.P.) is a social democratic party in Kurum Ash-Sharqia. It was founded by Malik van Eikenhorst in 1709 AN and some other members of the more progressive wing of the Islamic People's Party. In general, the S.P. advocates a better social security and health care system.
In the 1712 AN general election, the party entered Al-Majlis Al-Watani with 9 seats.
- Cheaper health care
- More social housing and additional subsidies for local authorities who wish to build social housing
- Subsidies for eco-friendly investments
- Higher tax rates for the rich
- Better protection of workers
- More influence of trade unions in large companies
- Nationalisation of power supply and the two largest banks of the land