Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine
|Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine|
|Full name||Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine of Drak|
|Hair color and style||Brown|
|Date of birth||25 Blumuar 1671|
|Place of birth||Anmutstadt, Natopia|
|Occupation||Bosarch of Lindstrom|
|Co-Emperor of Western Natopia|
|Coat of arms of Western Natopia|
|Vadoma I & Edward I|
|Style||Their Most Bovic Majesties|
|Royal House||House of Waffel-Paine|
House of Carrillo
House of Waffel-Paine-Carrillo
|Heir apparent||Princess Adelaide, Crown Princess of Western Natopia|
Vadoma, Empress of the Natopians, also known as by her full name of Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine, is the one of the two co-Emperors of Western Natopia, co-reigning with her husband Edward I since 1709 AN, and sole Empress of the East since 1716. She was born on 25 Blumuar 1671 AN, and is the first daughter and the second child of Natopian Emperor Nathan II. Her eldest brother was Emperor Nathan III, who ruled over Eastern Natopia and the Natopian Empire as a whole. Upon his surprise death in 1716, she inherited the throne also of Eastern Natopia, thus becoming the sole Empress of the Natopians over all of Natopia, West and East.
She was the second child to be birthed from an artificial womb for the House of Waffel-Paine, technically making her the 2nd oldest of the quadruplets born to Emperor Nathan II.
Vadoma married Prince Edward of the Alexandrian House of Carrillo after a three-year courtship in 1689 AN. Their relationship and marriage caused some controversy as Edward is seven years her senior. In 1691 AN, she entered the service of the Dozan Bovic Church as the Bosarch of Lindstrom. She graduated in 1692 AN from Nathan & Elijah College a year early with degrees in Comparative Religion and Political Science. In 1692 AN, Vadoma was made Metrobosarch of Tapfer.
When the throne of Natopia passed to Nathan III, the new Emperor proposed to divide Natopia into East and West Natopia. Nathan III conferred upon Vadoma and Edward the throne of Western Natopia, with both as Emperor and Empress Regnant. As well as being Co-Empress of Western Natopia, she is also the Metrobosarch of Tapfer, the Bosarch of Lindstrom, Mankari of Hoyela, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Transcendence of the Dhury, and Heir to the Line of Drak.
Vadoma has mostly deferred to her husband in governance, a renowned military and economic leader. She has mainly pursued cultural and religious pursuits and has been instrumental in helping negotiate key agreements that led to the finalization of the Natopian division.
Vadoma spent most of her time with her elder brother Nathan III. For the sake of dynastic security and succession, the quadruplets did often live in the same city or even country. Vadoma and Nathan III lived together in Anmutstadt and grew up together while their younger siblings, Leonora and John, spent most of their early years in Drakorda.
During the Funeral of Kaiser Ayreon IV in 1671 AN, it was decided that of the four siblings born to Nathan II, Vadoma would remain in Lindstrom, as a precaution against unforeseen catastrophic events, terrorism, or assassinations. John had an obligation to be there as King of the Draconians, and Nathan III had an obligation to go as Natopian heir apparent. Of the two sisters, it was decided between Leonora and Vadoma that Leonora should go so she could be with her favorite brother, John. The siblings seem to find dark humor in the necessity, which is a directive of their father Nathan II, and have been quoted by the media referring to whichever sibling is not present as "the spare." Because she was often left alone, she became very introspective, macabre, and study-focused, and turned to the Church for guidance.
Vadoma pursued elementary and secondary education at Nathan & Elijah College Prep, where she enjoyed theatre, orchestra, and debate as extracurriculars.
In 1692 AN, Vadoma graduated from Nathan & Elijah College a year early with degrees in Comparative Religion and Political Science. She also took theology and church law lessons from Pentheros Sergius and meet with him every month or so in anticipation of her being elevated to the rank of Metrobosarch of Tapfer.
Vadoma holds several degrees from Nathan & Elijah College and several honorary degrees from the Imperial University of Alexandria (1701 AN), the University of Frenzyville(1689 AN), and the University of Goldfield (1710 AN).
In 1689 AN, Vadoma married Prince Edward of the House of Carrillo, causing some controversy as he is a man seven years her senior.
During press interviews after the engagement announcement, she told reporters:
Bous guided me to Edward, he showed me a future with him filled with love, children, grandchildren, and my own personal growth and prosperity. Bous revealed a future to me beyond current comprehension, all I know is that Bous offered me a choice between a fulfilling future with Edward, or an uncertain future, languishing under the shadows of my siblings as I struggled for relevancy in the church. I will always put Bous and Church first, but Bous wants me to serve a more active role in the world, and by marrying Edward--who is a lovely man by the way! I mean, look at him, you don't really need divine intervention to tell you to marry this sexy man, do you?--Anyway, by marrying him, a door is opened to me in the future. I don't know where the door leads, but it's very exciting. And if I've learned anything from my aunt Clara, it's that I can do whatever I want to protect myself and my kids should the marriage go bad!—Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine, Public interview with the Natopian press.
Following the public announcement of her revelation from Bous, she began training to be a bosarch in the Dozan Church. In 1688 AN, she was appointed as Bosarch of Lindstrom. She participates in Herds under the guidance of an elder Bosarch. In 1691 AN she became the full Bosarch, but due to her age was withheld from full confirmation as Metrobosarch of Tapfer, a position usually held ex officio by the Bosarch of Lindstrom, until her accession in 1692 AN after an accomplished and well-respected career in the church.
Accession and coronation
Continued evolution of Western Natopia
The Glorious Reign
Public perception and character
Beliefs, activities, and interests
Media depiction and public opinion
Vadoma's individual personal wealth has been the subject of speculation for many years. Estimates of Vadoma's personal individual wealth hover around ₦600-₦655 million in 1711 AN. A large part of the source of this wealth is the inheritances she received as a member of the House of Waffel-Paine when she succeeded as Co-Emperor of Western Natopia in 1709 AN. Prior to her accession to the throne, Vadoma already had a small personal fortune estimated at ₦89 million, much of it held through some of the family's investment funds and in real estate properties. Together with Edward I, the couple are estimated to be valued at ₦2.8 billion.
As of 1711 AN, the official budget for the Western Natopian monarchy is ₦18 million, considered a rather low public expenditure for an institution of monarchy. However, other expenses of the imperial house are assumed by different government departments and by the Imperial Council of Natopia.
Titles, styles, and honors
- 1671-1691 Her Imperial Highness, Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine of Drak, Princess of Natopia Nawab of Hoyela, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Transcendence of the Dhury, Heir to the Line of Drak, Lady in Jorvik, Lady of the Holy Lakes.
- 1691-1698 Her Imperial Highness, Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine of Drak, Princess of Natopia, Bosarch of Lindstrom, Mankari of Hoyela, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Transcendence of the Dhury, Heir to the Line of Drak, Lady in Jorvik, Lady of the Holy Lakes.
- 1698-1709 Her Imperial Highness, Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine of Drak, Princess of Natopia, Bosarch of Lindstrom, Mankari of Hoyela, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Transcendence of the Dhury, Heir to the Line of Drak.
- 1709–1716 Her Most Bovic Majesty, Vadoma Rowena Waffel-Paine of Drak, Co-Empress of Western Natopia, Bosarch of Lindstrom, Mankari of Hoyela, Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Transcendence of the Dhury, Heir to the Line of Drak.
- 1716–pres.: Her Most Bovic Majesty, Vadoma, by the Loving Grace of the Butter Cow, Empress of the Natopians, Co-Empress of Western Natopia, Empress of the East, Lady of Tarsica; Grand Mayor of Lindstrom City; Bosarch of Lindstrom, Mankari of Hoyela, Sovereign of the Ancient and Secret Order of the Black Hole, of the Most Noble Order of the Yoshi, of the Honorable Order of the Palette, Triumphal Defender of All Four Quarters, Sovereign of the Natopian Order of Imperial Civil Excellence, and of the Order of St Asara Sisu; Grand Commander of the Natopian Defense Force; Heir to the Imperial Bloodline of Drak; Conqueror of Dracoheim, Uniter of the Demesnes, Protector of the Eternal Nation, Guardian of the Icons of the State, Wielder of the Sword of Sovereignty, and Scourge of Lavalon; Scion of the Three Peoples, Vessel of Dual Natures, Progeny of the Once-Living God, and Transcendence of the Dhury
The marriage between Vadoma I and Edward I has produced five children.