Laws of Drak-Modan
Laws of Drak-Modan are passed by The Fury, the unicameral legislature of the Republic of Drak-Modan. It was first convened in 1671 following the Declaration of Drakorda that separated Drak-Modan from Shireroth. During its first session it passed a core set of laws that formed the Drak-Modani government. The laws and government of Drak-Modan are purposefully modeled on that of Natopia.
In 1679, the Fury repealed the Core Act and replaced them with a Constitution. The Regular Acts were amended and codified into the Drakic Code to reflect the new republican form of government as well.
The Fury of 1684, elected after riots and protests against Teimuraz's tyranny, will amend several sections of the Constitution and Drakic Code.
A major overall of the constitution and laws happened in 1690-91, during the rise of Draconian supremacy.
The Constitution of Drak-Modan
Amended by the Fury in 1690
We, the learned and common peoples of Drak-Modan, hereby establish and ordain this Constitution so that we may prosper and live in peace, so that we may protect our ideals and dreams, so that we may provide stability for posterity. It is by public opinion that our personal sovereignty is to be entrusted to the government of this Bovic Draconian State in Modan.
Article One - Establishment
- The people of Drak-Modan are represented by this government, the Bovic Draconian State in Modan.
- The common name of the state is Drak-Modan.
- The Bovic Draconian State in Modan is proud of its Shirerithian history. It recognizes Salome as the only Kaiseress of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and places her equal to the co-monarchs in matters of Protocol.
- The Reorganized Church of Bous of Modern-Day Saints is the state church of Drak-Modan. All public officials and civil servants must be registered Reorganized Bovics and regular attendees of Herds.
Article Two - The Co-Chancellors
- The Co-Chancellors are the Heads of Government, head of the executive branch, and head of the legislature.
- The Co-Chancellors will enforce the will of the People by executing the Laws passed by the Fury.
- The Co-Chancellors will jointly appoint various ministers to their cabinet to carry out the will of the People and the laws of the Fury.
- Ministers for domestic affairs, internal security, and justice, must be appointed by the Co-Chancellors. Further officers may be appointed at the Co-Chancellors' discretion.
- The Co-Chancellors are elected by a majority of the members of the Fury and serves for life, until they resign, or are removed from office.
- The Co-Chancellors can resign or be removed independent of each other.
- In times of emergency, panic, or for expediency, the Co-Chancellors may jointly issue decrees that have the force of law.
- Emergency chancellorial-decrees can be overturned by a simply majority of the Fury.
Article Three - The Fury
- The Fury of Drak-Modan is the legislature of the Bovic Draconian State.
- The Co-Chancellors may preside over the Fury, or appoint a Speaker.
- Laws are passed by the Fury by a simple majority of Members present.
- The Drakic Code is the body of enacted and enforced laws passed by the Fury.
- The Fury may overturn a chancellorial decree with a three-fourths majority of Members present.
- 400 Representatives are elected from 400 constituencies drawn around equal populations and with compact borders.
- Special constituencies may be created without the equal population requirement around Straight Protection Zones.
- The Fury will establish its own parliamentary procedures.
- Elections for the Fury occur every six years.
Article Four - The Co-Monarchs
- The Co-Monarchs are the Heads of State, grand commanders of the Drak-Modani Defense Force, and heads of the judiciary.
- The Co-Monarchs derive authority by their legal possession of a Crown, each representing important contributors to Drak-Modani history. Each Crown has separate and distinct inheritance histories, lines of succession, and possible heirs.
- The Crown of Draconia is inherited through the Drak & Waffel-Paine line, originating from John Hilding Waffel-Paine and still in his possession.
- The Crown of Malarboria is inherited through the Drakland line, originating from Kizzy Drakland, to Nathan II, to Andrea Drakland, and now in the possession of Loki Drakspunk.
- The Co-Monarchs jointly set foreign and military policy of the State.
- The Co-Monarchs appoint a Secretary for foreign affairs, defense, and law to assist them.
- The Co-Monarchs may summon the Co-Chancellors to form an ad hoc Council of the Tetrarchs.
- Decisions of the Council of the Tetrarchs require all four signatures and are added to the Drakic Code as laws for 2 years, after which they expire unless approved by The Fury.
Article Five - The Demesnes
- Drak-Modan is a unitary State divided into Demesnes. Only an Act of the Fury may divide land into demesnes, create new demesnes, or merge existing demesnes.
- The Royal Family Council shall govern the demesnes according to the Draconian agenda with an aim to be as humane, understanding, and tolerant as heterosexuals have been to queer folx.
- The demesnes are: the Duchy of Kizshire, the Duchy of Capeshire, the Duchy of Sehmlshire, and the Kingdom of Draconia.
Article Six - The Superior Court
- The Co-Monarchs shall preside over the Superior Court of the State, which shall be the court of last appeal, and final interpreter of the constitution and laws of Drak-Modan.
- The membership of the Superior Court is composed of the Co-Monarchs and the Superior Judge of each subordinate court as established by law.
- The decisions of the Superior Court are made by a simple majority vote and cannot be overturned except by a later decision of the court.
- To Direct the Benacian Bovic Church to establish Missions to the cowless heathens of Shimmerspring, to offer citizenship to Shimmerspringers who bathe in the milk of our lord Bous, and to authorize final baptism to those who insist on their barbarous faith. (Expired)
- To delay the 1689 elections until 1690.
- To delay the 1689 elections again until 1691.
|1671||Treaty||Raspur Pact Ratification||In force||
|1671||Law||Drak-Modani Defense Force Act||In force, amended 1690||
|1671||Law||Subordinate Courts Act||In force, amended 1690||
|1671||Law||Order of the Emberbark Act||In force, amended 1690||
|1671||Law||State Symbols Act||In force, amended 1690||
|1674||Law||Naval Defense Procurement Act||In force||
|1674||Law||Sanama Treaty and 5 Isles Cessation Act||In force||
|1674||Law||Treaty of Mutual Defence between the Raspur Pact and Sanama Act||Superseded by Sanaman entry to Raspur Pact||
|1682||Law||Kingdom of Draconia Act||Superseded by Draconian elevation to demesne||
|1689||Resolution||To establish a plebiscite||In force||
|1690||Constitutional||Constitutional Amendments Act||In force||
|1690||Law||Demesne Reorganization Act||In force||
|1690||Law||Conversion Camps and Kinsey Testing Act||In force||
|1691||Law||Straight Protection Zones Act||In force||
|1691||Law||Bovic Marriage Act||In force||
|1691||Law||Family Council Regulations Act||In force||
|1691||Law||Draconian Status Act||In force||
|1691||Law||Draconian Supremacy Act||In force||