Water crisis in Alduria
The water crisis in Alduria is an acute drinking water supply crisis in the Republic of Alduria.
- 1 Freshwater resources and water supply
- 2 Water use
- 3 Water sector structure
- 4 Key issues in the water sector
- 5 Solutions and recommendations
- 6 International response
- 7 See also
Freshwater resources and water supply
Water sector structure
Central Water Commission
Key issues in the water sector
Urban and peri-urban water sector
Rural water sector
Degradation of water resources
Solutions and recommendations
- MTO: A Mission to Assist the Republic of Alduria is passed unanimously by the General Assembly on July 1, 2019.
- Constancia: The Constancian contribution comprised of a regiment of engineers drawn from the Home Guard. Headquartered on ESB premises in the port of Susa, the regiment's primary contribution was to advise on the construction of dew condensers in urban areas, the repair of Babkhan-era irrigation systems and the identification of promising sites for excavating bore holes to tap the vast Alkhivan aquifer. The mission had to overcome entrenched resistance on the part of Alduria's Alexandrian and Caputian civil engineers and hydrologists - wedded to the surface based water management strategies and wasteful economic practices of their ancestral homelands.
- Krasnocoria: The Government of Krasnocoria and their citizens have donated over 1.5 million gallons of drinkable water since the crisis evolved.
- Los Liberados: The Milicia de Hierro, as well as the Iron Company, provide the aid convoys with naval protection and support on the High Seas
- Palesmenia: Via the funding of the PDF and by decree of the Nadcraši, the ship PÓR Koréya Biye, made routine trips to Alduria with water shipments. This water came via a system of underground irrigation canals which sourced from the East Keltian Aquifer, as well as water purification plants along the Taylor Bay.