The Republic of Mercury is a micronation situated in north-eastern Keltia. It is comprised of six mainland states, Deacon, May, Mercury, Moorshire, Taylor and Tow Law. Mercury additionally claims Nova English Korea, just off the east coast of May, Castilona, the Franklin Islands, Lusa, Osktrava and Qavaqaqqaqqaniitqeqertaq. Mercury jointly administers New Sussex with Nova England.
Mercury is governed by a President, currently Nick Perry. The President is typically the leader of the largest party in the Mercurian Parliament, which is the National Party following the 2019 general election. The President is responsible for choosing the members of the Cabinet of Mercury, who carry out the day-to-day running of various governmental departments.
Mercury's culture revolves heavily around sports, with ice hockey being the recognised national sport, and football being the most popular sport. Mercury's ólbescból team participates in the annual All-Craitland Championship.
Mercury News Service
- (06/07) The one surviving suspect in the 2021 Mercury shootings enters a plea of responsible to charges of domestic terrorism and mass murder, instead asking the court to consider the offence of multiple murder. The trial will be heard by the Federal Court, and is due to commence later in the month.
- (10/02) Police have shot dead a man suspected to be the third assailant in Monday's mass shooting in Mercury. An embargo on reporting the incident has now been lifted as police are not currently searching for any additional suspects, and have confirmed that on Tuesday evening, one man was arrested and a second shot dead following a stand-off in North Eastmoor.
- (08/02) At least 70 people are injured and there are reports of multiple fatalities in Mercury after a series of gunshots were fired at Mercury International railway station. Some witnesses claim to have seen multiple assailants fleeing the scene.
- (31/01) President Nick Perry announces the abolition of all visa requirements to enter Mercury, barring those enforced against Phinbella, starting from Monday 1 February, ahead of a tour of Apollonia, where he will seek reciprocal arrangements from a number of nations.
- (25/01) The NDP wins a majority of seats in the Mercurian Senate, with a total of 26 of a possible 50.
- (09/11) MPs approve the creation of the Mercurian Senate in anticipation of a new expansion claim, by a vote of 228 to 61.
Did you know...
The national dish of Mercury.