Jaime Augusto Joaquin Primo de Aguilar
|House||Primo de Aguilar|
|Father||Felipe Primo de Aguilar|
|Spouse||Consuelo † |
|Issue||Eugenia † |
Eugenia Cecilia(b. 1670)
Rosamund (b. 1673)
Iñigo (b. 1675)
Jaime Augusto Joaquin Primo de Aguilar PC, GLH, GCNM, FSM (born 23.IX.1595) is reigning Basileus of the Imperial State of Constancia, regnal name Giakoumis. He was also, and notably, the former Autokrator of Constancia and Kanikleios to Basileusa Megaliótate Cleo, of the Free Associative Kingdom of Constancia, as well as Secretary-General of the Micras Treaty Organization. He was former First Consul, Third Consul and Speaker of the Imperial Assembly of the Empire of the Alexandrians,
Primo de Aguilar is usually referred to simply by his surname, Primo de Aguilar, and sometimes only by the surname's first part, Primo.
Different databases record Primo de Aguilar's second forename variously as Augusto or Augustin.
His name is properly spelt without tildes, but in the Martino language it is common to see the names Joaquin and Augustin written with them, thus Joaquín and Augustín.
Born to a wealthy landowner in Santander, in the Empire of the Alexandrians, he was raised and educated overseas as his father escaped the communist revolution in Santander. He graduated from a foreign military academy with a degree in military science and received a commission in the Grand Army of the Empire as a Second Lieutenant. After finishing his requisite service abroad, he took up law and taught history at the military staff college. Subsequently promoted to Major in the Grand Army of the Empire, he enrolled in advanced military studies at a foreign War College.
On the death of his father and with recent political reforms in the Empire, he resigned his commission and took part in the 2011 Constitutional Convention.
A fairly pensive-looking pensioner, he rarely speaks about his personal life, but indulges in the occasional barbecue. He can be quite conversational when it comes to defense matters, military equipment, or military history.
Not many people know that he is a widower. His wife, Consuelo died in childbirth with his daughter, Eugenia - something that has haunted him for many, many years, and which he still blames himself for, as he was on duty and on post at the time. He has long tried to numb the pain and heartbreak through his work, but as the years passed by, so did the potency of the distraction.
While known to be irreligious for a significant portion of his life, there are those who claim that he has recently converted to Cedrism, with specific preferences to The Imperial Cult, The Cult of Vivantia, Goddess of Life, and The Cult of B'Cawl; and preferences to the cults of Aliasa, Goddess of Cartographic Function, Anandja, Goddess of Bliss and Happiness, Antialiasa, Goddess of Cartographic Beauty, Ayreon, God of Music, Breiza, Goddess of Peace, Ikol, God of Tranquility, Joao, God of Feasts, Lumina, Goddess of Light, Meskan, God of Enlightenment, Sephiroth, God of Warriors and Soldiers, Tempus, God of War, Terra, Goddess of Rock and Mountains, and Tex, God of Documents And Writing.
In 2012, with the ratification of the new constitution, he was elected to the 1st Imperial Assembly, as a Deputy representing Santiago, Santander, where he served as Speaker Pro Tempore for three weeks. He was re-elected without serious opposition to his seat as Deputy representing Santiago, Santander, and was elected as Speaker of the 2nd and 3rd Imperial Assembly, where he served as a member of the Luthoria Commission, helping plan the Coronation.
In accordance with the Rules of the 3rd Imperial Assembly, he resigned as Speaker effective January 11, 2013, and was replaced by Reinaldo da Silva, Deputy for Los Santos, San Martin. He remained a humble backbencher and Deputy representing Santiago, Santander, for the 4th Imperial Assembly.
He later served as a member of the Chamber of Citizens, which was tasked to write a new Constitution.
With the Chamber of Citizens becoming functus officio by operation of law, and the only governing laws being the Decree of May 12 and the Articles of Emergency Governance, fearful of a dictatorship, he issued the Santander Manifesto at Edgardia Park on September 8, 2013, publicly petitioning the government for redress of grievances, and privately petitioning the Emperor for the same remedies.
On January 24, 2014, without any action forthcoming from the authorities, he issued a Pronunciamento declaring a Revolutionary Government, later publicly relinquishing this responsibility upon the convention once more of the Chamber of Citizens, where he served once more and helped ratify the 2014 May Constitution. He remained loyal to the Imperial Government during the attempted coup d'etat of First Consul Elizabeth Howard.
Under the 2014 (May) Constitution
Re-elected to his seat as Deputy of Santiago, Santander in the 1st Imperial Assembly under the new constitution, he introduced necessary legislation, such as the Foreign Relations Act and the Regency Act. He was appointed by Letters Patent as Second Consul, Vice President of the Government, and Keeper of the Seals, taking office on April 2, 2016, where he promulgated regulations regarding Alexandrian corporate bodies. He also undertook an official visit to Gotzborg.
He argued before the High Court on the constitutional question of whether the Sadness and Sorrow Treaty superseded all prior constitutions and laws.
Appointment and confirmation to the Consulate
He was appointed and confirmed as First Consul on the opening of the 2nd Imperial Assembly under the 2014 May Constitution, serving until the dissolution of the 2nd Imperial Assembly under the new constitution.
In January 2015, he was appointed and confirmed as Third Consul, when Dr. Sebastian Goddestreau was First Consul. Later that March, he was elected Secretary-General of the Micras Treaty Organization. He also helped pass measures through the Imperial Assembly adopting international treaties, such as a treaty of mutual recognition and friendship with the Republic of Mercury.
Third Consul Primo de Aguilar came to an agreement with the governments of Elwynn and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth regarding the matter of Commonwealth Global, a corporation established under the laws of the Empire of the Alexandrians.
Exile to Constancia, and subsequent political comeback
After a change in government following a general election where the Liberal Alliance lost its majority, Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar was appointed Consul for Defense. With the sudden advent of the Alexandrian Flu, he initially attempted to establish a government-in-exile at Palais de Saint Louis le Protecteur, the Imperial Alexandrian Embassy in Haraldsborg, in the High Realm of Stormark, in accordance with Article 5 of The Regency Act 2014, but the pandemic was too virulent for the remainder of the Alexandrian government to react and respond in time.
He soon found himself hat-in-hand as a refugee in Vey, Constancia, just another petitioner in line to meet the Basileusa Cleo, who reigned in the name and by authority of her husband, Basileus Petros III.
|Deputy for Santiago, Santander
February 18, 2012–
|Speaker of the Imperial Assembly
July 3, 2012–January 11, 2013
Reinaldo da Silva
July 17, 2016–
Prince of Litte
March 31, 2014–January 22, 2015
June 9, 2013–January 20, 2015
November 26, 2016–
|Secretary-General, Micras Treaty Organization
March 30, 2015 - October 19, 2018
Titles, styles, honors, and arms
His current style is His Serene and Eminent Imperial Highness, The Prince of Molivadia, Prince of Constancia, Autokrator of Constancia, Prince Consort of Arboria, Duke of Santiago, Viscount of Lumenetra, Lord Steward of Delfinenstrand, Grand Knight Commander of The Order of the Great Kingdom of Constancia, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Knight of the Order of the Griffin
Titles and styles
- 1959–1977 : Señorito Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar
- 1977-1981 : Cadet Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar
- 1981–1989 : Second Lieutenant Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar, Grand Army of the Empire of the Alexandrians
- 1989-1991 : Adjunct Assistant Professor Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar, LL.B., Imperial War College
- 1991-2011 : Major Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar, Grand Army of the Empire of the Alexandrians
- February 18, 2012 - July 2, 2012 : Hon. Deputy Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar of Santiago, Santander
- July 3, 2012 - January 11, 2013 : The Rt. Hon. Speaker of the Imperial Assembly
- January 12, 2013 - June 8, 2013 : Hon. Deputy Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar of Santiago, Santander
- June 9, 2013 - January 20, 2015 : The Rt. Hon. The First Consul
- January 21, 2015 - March 29, 2015: Hon. Deputy Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar, PC, GLH, GCNM, FSM
- March 30, 2015 - July 16, 2016 : Hon. Deputy Jaime Augustin Joaquin Primo de Aguilar, PC, GLH, GCNM, FSM, Secretary-General of the Micras Treaty Organization
- July 17, 2016 - November 25, 2016: The Most Hon. The Third Consul
- November 26, 2016 - : The Rt. Hon. The First Consul
- 2017 : The Kanikleios to Megaliótate Cleo
- 2017 : Strategos Primo de Aguilar of Oranje, Kanikleios to Megaliótate Cleo
- 2017 : The Most Trusted Strategos Primo de Aguilar of Oranje, Kanikleios to Basileusa Megaliótate Cleo, Minister of Finance and International Trade and Industry, Kyvernitis of the Basileusan Bank
- November 1, 2017 - : The Most Trusted and Honoured Strategos Primo de Aguilar of Oranje, Kanikleios to Basileusa Megaliótate Cleo, Minister of Finance and International Trade and Industry, Kyvernitis of the Basileusan Bank, Grand Knight Commander of The Order of the Great Kingdom of Constancia
- December 4, 2017 - : His Excellency, the Co-Ruler of the Kingdom
- July 21, 2018 - : Deputy High Commissioner of the Raspur Pact.
- 1977-1981: Cadet
- 1981-1991: Second Lieutenant, Grand Army of the Empire of the Alexandrians
- 1991-2016: Major, Grand Army of the Empire of the Alexandrians
- 2017: Strategos, Home Guard of the Free and Associative Kingdom of Constancia
- May 7, 2012 : The Imperial Medal of the Alexandrian Nation
- May 10, 2014 : Officer of the Legion of Honor
- January 1, 2015: Grand Officer of the Legion of Honor
- January 1, 2015: Grand Cross of the National Order of Merit
- January 1, 2015: Foreign Service Meritorious Medal
- November 1, 2017: Grand Knight Commander of The Order of the Great Kingdom of Constancia
- March 30, 2015 - October 19, 2018: Secretary-General, Micras Treaty Organization
- April 18, 2015 : Companion of The Order of the Golden Ram, of The Governing Council of The Independent Realm of Ergonia
- April 19, 2017 : Knight of The Order of the Griffin, of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth
- July 21, 2018 - : Deputy High Commissioner of the Raspur Pact.
- July 28, 2018 / XIV.24.1662 : Appointed to the Board of Directors of the ESB-Jörmungandr Group as Director of Financial and Legal Services, with employee number 1662-273075.
- January 31, 2021 / 169? : Raised to the peerage of the Federation of Alduria and the Wechua Nation as Duke of Santiago.