Hurmu in Microvision 2021
A group of Lontinians, a nomadic people on Apollonia long associated with Hurmu since Crandish times, throat-singing about the oppression they faced from being dominated by other empires for centuries. With the expansion of Lontinien westwards, the Lontinian people have been reunited with its lost brethren of the Eastern Ulus of the Silver Yak Horde. English translation of the lyrics is found in the CC of the Youtube vid
Reactions and propaganda
- Constancia: As an entry of an allied state, and permitted airplay on national and state radio and television, this was a surprise, viral hit among the Constancian youth, particularly the more patriotic and nationalist segment. This piece is said to have directly resulted in several instances of elected opposition members in the Imperial Synklētos being surrounded in the streets and loudly subjected to the lyrical segment, "Hey, you traitor, kneel down!"
- Lac Glacei: Lac Glaceians found the song both inspirational and educational, helping to bridge the cultural gap with ethnic Tatars in the Grand Duchy.
- Senya: Senyan audiences enjoyed and appreciated the mix of traditional and indigenous instruments and vocal styles alongside more modern ones.
- Akhidia: Classical music but nice
- Shireroth: Several of the Laqi members of the Shirerithian delegation said the music spoke to them in their heart.
Hurmu received votes from 17 countries:
Hurmu received no votes from 9 countries:
Hurmu, for itself, voted as follows:
|2||Great Apollonian Empire|