The Allied Production Matrix, established in 1655 AN as the Sxiro-Natopian Production Matrix, was a joint production programme intended to streamline manufacturing output and to focus effort on to a standardised range of vessels, vehicles and weapons platforms, which could then be produced in greater numbers and with more potential for interoperability amongst the allied powers.
Between 1655 and the end of the War of Lost Brothers in 1657 the production matrix achieved the output of 16,384,100 grenades, 721,614 rifles, carbines & sub-machine guns, 100,000 pistols, 59,192 machine guns, 2,767 anti-tank weapons, 1,251 mortars, 515 combat aircraft and 186 warships.
Although initially, and still predominantly, financed via direct taxation on the part of the Shirerithian and Natopian government, in mid 1656 the decision was made to expand the range of financial mechanisms used to fund the war effort by raising dedicated bonds issued via regional Boards of Trade, the first of which was set up in Elijah's Rest, under the auspices of ESB Group (Keltia), on 13.VIII.1656.
After 1660 Constancian output was integrated into the production matrix. The Allied Production Matrix ceased operations in 1666 as the economies of the Raspur Pact transitioned back to peacetime priorities. However the deterioration of relations between Jingdao and Natopia, as well as continuing evidence of Bassaird aggression in the former Caputian territory of Haifa necessitated a limited reactivation of existing production facilities in 1671 and the establishment of new standardised arsenals. Problematically, the Kalirion Fracture occurred at the worst possible moment from that perspective, resulting in disruption to production facilities across Benacia, obliging the theatre command to divert resources to securing manufacturing plants, in addition to arsenals and dockyards, throughout the length and breadth of the Imperial Republic - a task which, in the absence of a cooperative and functioning Imperial Government, proved to be beyond its capability.
The interruption to global Raspur Pact supply chains caused by the loss of the Red Bear LLC gravimetric drive yards, calibration chambers, and associated industrial works, had critical knock-on effects at Allied Production Matrix facilities in sectors far removed from insurgent activity, even those factories located in areas secured by local forces that had remained loyal to the Pact were impacted by the loss of gravimetric components from Mishalan, coupled with shortages in the high-efficiency fuel cells which gravimetric vehicles relied upon for optimal performance. The latter difficulty was traced back to the drying up of exports from Kezan, seemingly the result of an unannounced but officially endorsed economic embargo placed on the export of specialist-application fuel cells by the island's comital authorities.
It is the intention of the Joint Military Council of the Raspur Pact that, by no later than 1680, the output of the Allied Production Matrix will have enabled the retirement of all legacy "Terran" platforms from service, owing to the expense, as well as the inherent logistical difficulties (and narrative contortions) entailed in procuring replacement parts via Hoenneseintermediaries.
After the shocking losses endured by both sides during the Battle of Carama Bay, naval production received the highest priority as this was the sector in which the Shirerithians had fallen furthest behind the Jing and the allies were subsequently least well placed to face a war of attrition as resources accumulated by the USSO Joint Command through the USSO Common Market were made operational.
Prior to 1655 the main experience gained by the Ergostásio Aeroskafón of Vey had been in the construction of light training aircraft, particularly for the export market - a notable customer being the defence force of Talenore. The site was subsequently evacuated to Nivardom during the Second Euran War.