Social and Democratic Party of Hurmu
The Social and Democratic Party of Hurmu, sometimes known as the Social Democratic Party, is a pragmatic democratic socialist party in Hurmu, founded in 1704 by, among others, the charismatic former Zeedic chairman, Rashid Hasanzadeh, who also led the party until 1717. Current party leader is Annika Raudsepp.
It is a merger of the following parties:
- Social Democratic Party of Lontinien and Rekozemlje
- Social Democratic Party of the Lake District – itself a Hurmu successor to Craitland's/Lakkvia's Social Democrats.
- Democratic Party of the Warring Islands
- Democratic Party of Transprinitica
- ^ Opponents of the party would subsequently have a glorious time pointing to Rashid's unintended contributions to the Raspur Pact's conquest of Zeed, whilst cooler heads wondered whether the individual who started such a misguided conflict could be trusted with the delicate politics of a neutral power balanced between the Raspur Pact and the USSO.