Imperial Decrees (Shireroth)/Currency Reform
A Decree from Her Imperial Magnificence
Salome, through the intercessions of Divine Providence, Kaiseress of Shireroth,
Queen of Ransenar, Queen and Exarch of Chryse, Rani of Tas Neemia, Emira of Sathrati, Sardar of Talenore, Princess of Hurmu, Princess among the Lakes, Duchess of Brookshire, Duchess of the Guttuli, Duchess of Chestnut, Duchess of New Aquitane, Marchioness of Zy-Rodun, Khanum of Caer Lum'ruush, Countess of Upper Macon, Countess of Andiopolis, Countess of Dracoheim, Countess of Istvan, Baroness of Port Mills, Lady of Zauberförde/Senkyōwan, Lady in Jorvik, Progeny of the Once-Living God, Scion of the King of Kings, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, of Griffin, of Phoenix, and of Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne, Lord Mayor of the City of Vladagrad,
announcing for the sake of all Shireroth that,
As it is necessary for Our subjects to possess certainty in the stable availability of goods, so too is it necessary for Us to make the means available. Therefore,
The following has been offered as a sign of Our devotion to right government:
- Lieutenants for the Golden Mango Throne are empowered to purchase all grains grown within their jurisdiction, to house said grains in newly-established treasuries, and to regulate the distribution of grain as necessary for a healthy flow of goods and services.
- Each treasury shall mint Erb, to be paid in compensation to the agricultural estates for these purchases. Erb minted and paid in this manner shall be exchanged and valued by Our government such that One (1) Erb equals that of One (1) Common Abre of Unmilled Wheat. All other grains shall be evaluated relative to this on the basis of availability and nutritional value.
- Lieutenants shall establish an office in every municipality in order to facilitate the exchange of Erb for grain for all of Our subjects to participate in.
- Treasuries established herein shall be under the authority of the Commission for the Fiscus, and shall make regular reports to which regarding the accumulation and disbursement of grains, quality of grain and its secure storage, as well as the flow of Erb.
- The Commission for the Fiscus shall coordinate transfers of grain and Erb between jurisdictions as necessary in order to ensure an equitable balance in the value of each across Our Imperium.
- The Commission for the Fiscus shall oversee the exchange of Erb with other currencies, and shall re-establish currency and precious metal reserves as deemed necessary.
- Wheat-backed Erb shall become the basis of exchange within Our Imperium by the dawn of the new year. During this transitional period, Our subjects may exchange previous issuances of Erb in accordance with its exchange value to that of One (1) Common Abre of Unwilled Wheat at the time of the transaction.
- Counterfeiters shall be punished in accordance with their act of sabotage against Us.
Given at Shirekeep on the fifteenth day of the Fifth month of the Year of Our Norton Sixteen-Hundred Ninety One,