Plein van Onafhankelijkheid
The Plein van Onafhankelijkheid, or Plaza of Independence, is a large road junction in Davignon. It's historical name is Plein der Hertogen (Square of the Dukes), but it was renamed when Davignon regained its independence from Shireroth and joined the newly established Kingdom of Batavia in 1667 AN. Old slums and small streets were torn down near the end of the 17th century to make room for the open square. An obelisk was erected to celebrate the re-establishment of the monarchy under Arkadius IV.