Foreign relations of Sanama
In 1685 the federal government started to relax its visa policy by removing the requirement entirely for some nations, and allowing visa application on arrival for others.
|Alduria||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Bassarid Periphery||Negative||Visa required|
|Bassarid Empire||Negative||Visa required|
|Constancia||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Craitland||Positive||Visa not required||30 days|
|Drak-Modan||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Elwynn||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Floria||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Freeland||Neutral||Visa on arrival|
|Guttuli||Negative||Travel prohibited||Travel prohibited due to Vanic Taint.|
|Jääland||Neutral||Visa on arrival|
|Krasnocoria||Amicable||Visa on arrival|
|Lostisland||Amicable||Visa on arrival|
|Mercury||Positive||Visa not required||28 days, extendable to 90 days|
|Natopia||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Nova England||Amicable||Visa on arrival|
|Palesmenia||Positive||Visa on arrival|
|Ransenar||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Sanpantul||Amicable||Visa on arrival|
|Senya||Positive||Visa not required||90 days|
|Shireroth||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|Tellia||Amicable||Visa not required||90 days|
|Thracistan||Amicable||Visa on arrival|
|Unified Governorates||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|United Benacian Republic||Neutral||Visa required|
|United Isles||Positive||Visa on arrival||Sanama aiding in defence and security|
|Wechua||Positive||Freedom of movement||Raspur Pact|
|West Skerry and Sri Pashana||Neutral||Visa required|
Citizens from a freedom of movement country are granted the rights found in the SANE treaty of the Raspur Pact. This includes the right to reside, work and study with the same requirements as Sanaman citizens. Freedom of movement citizens does have an obligation to provide for themselves while residing in Sanama.
Citizens from a visa on arrival country must, before going through immigration, obtain the proper visa. Such visa is only refused in the following situations:
- The traveller transported prohibited goods,
- The traveller engaged in criminal activity, such as trafficking,
- The traveller is blacklisted, or
- The traveller refused to answer one or more questions from immigration officers.
Citizens from visa required countries must obtain a visa prior to travelling to Sanama at a Sanaman embassy or consulate. In countries without Sanaman diplomatic representation, the same application can be made at the mission of any Raspur Pact member.
Types of visas
- Private visa: For visit by invitation from residents in Sanama. The resident vouches for the visitor. Either visitor or resident is responsible for providing for the visitor. Such visas are issued for up to 90 days and may not be immediately renewed.
- Tourist visa: Only for leisure travel, up to 90 days, may not be immediately renewed. Applicant must show that they can provide for themselves during their stay, as well as a valid departure ticket.
- Business visa: Commercial visa of a temporary nature. Issued for a set time and precludes permanent employment.
- Cultural visa: For athletes and artists attending a specific event, issued for the duration of that event. Proof of support and a valid departure ticket must be presented before issuing.
- Refugee visa: Issued to people fleeing from war, persecution or natural disaster. Can be granted on arrival if the applicant can reasonably show that they could not apply in the departure country.
- Vanic visa: Issued to defectors from lands affected by the Vanic Taint. Must show a reasonable fear of persecution due to non-compliance with Vanic culture, or having suffered sexual, mental or physical abuse due to Vanic culture. Requires a 30 day quarantine after being granted. Valid for one year and usually leads to long-term residency.
- Student visa: Issued to students at a Sanaman institution for the duration of their studies. Upon completion of studies, the applicant can either apply for residency provided they can show a signed employment contract in the studied field, or leave the country.
- Temporary worker visa: Issued to applicants that can show a signed employment contract in a qualified field. After the visa expires, the applicant can apply for long-term residence or a renewed visa, or leave the country.
- Asylum visa: Issued to people who have suffered or reasonably fear persecution due to their political activities or opinion, religion, sexual orientation or gender expression. Is initially issued for a period of two years and if the conditions remain after the initial two years, the person gains permanent residency.
- Spouse visa: Issued to the spouse of a legal resident or citizen. The resident or citizen is to provide for the spouse until they can provide for themself.
- Relative visa: Issued to minor children or parents that require assistance, of a legal resident or citizen. The legal resident or citizen must provide for the relative.
- Marriage visa: Issued for three months to persons intending to marry a Sanaman citizen.
- Diplomatic visa: Issued to bearers of diplomatic passports. Can be permanent or temporary. If permanent they still only apply for the duration of the diplomatic passport.
- Courtesy visa: Issued to people that do not qualify for diplomatic status, but are still entitled to special treatment.
- Presidential visa: Issued by the President, this type of visa can be issued to any person for any reason, during a period not exceeding one year. It is rare and usually used to allow entry to people that have failed to gain a regular visa, such as same-sex partners of residents, people visiting dying relatives and refugees.
It is the policy of the federal government to recognise all nations on the MCS map. The only exceptions are Stormark and the Franco-Batavian Empire which are not recognised to be sovereign nations due to Vanic Taint. The default position of the government is a state of peace, unless otherwise declared.
General travel restrictions
Visitors to a land affected by the Vanic Taint are prohibited entry for 30 days after their departure from said land. Any sign of being infected by the Vanic Taint will lead to quarantine and deportation.