Template talk:Infobox Nation Comprehensive
I've noticed that some options in this infobox are
- showing when they're not filled in;
- not showing when they are filled in.
In other infoboxes blanks are not shown automatically and vice versa. Any ideas?
- The latter is an issue; potentially the names of parameters used aren't correct for what the template wants to call. Which parameters in particular aren't showing when filled in? The former isn't a huge worry but it does keep a template tidier to not show unused parameters; copy over the formatting from another template that does work in this way and you should be able to solve it easily enough. Craitman (talk) 21:11, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- The ones that don't show are:
- |agerank =
- |arearank =
- |activepop =
- |poprank =
- I suppose this has to do with some programming that needs to be done. It would indeed be tidier when blanks wouldn't show. Thanks for the reply!
- Looking through the edit history, it seems those were removed from the template itself for not being used much, but weren't removed from the "usage", so still look like they're available options. I'll take them out of the latter as I do think they serve little purpose as options and/or will inevitably be wrong or outdated whenever used. Craitman (talk) 13:14, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
I've done some coding in the sand box. We can automatically leave empty options blank with the function #if. See Template:Sandbox. When we find the time, we may include this function in this infobox. --Frans (talk) 16:28, 30 October 2020 (UTC)