Lusa national football team
|Head coach||Sulifou Penitusi|
|Home stadium||Tonu'ia onalu Vaialu Alu'ia|
|First FMF intermicronational|
|Nova England 9–0 Lucerne|
|Lucerne 7–0 Franklin Islands|
|Novatainia 16–0 Lucerne|
The Lusa national football team is the football team which represents the Mercurian autonomous territory of Lusa. It is a member of the WMFA, after originally being affiliated to the CTFA, and is run by the FLV. The team is the official successor of Lucerne, and as such retains its records.
The team was founded in mid-2017 after the foundation of Lusa as the successor state to the Mercurian autonomous territory of Lucerne. Under the name of Lucerne, the team competed from mid-2012, finishing fourth in the Territories Cup, bottom of their 2013 qualifying group and third in the inaugural Antarctic Shield. After again finishing bottom of their qualifying group in 2014, they finished second in the first edition of the Emerging Nations Cup, securing a first win in the process.
Lucerne continued to finish bottom of their qualifying groups for both 2015's World Cup and 2016's CiboTap, but finished fourth in the 2016 Emerging Nations Cup on their second appearance. Following yet another bottom-placed finish in their 2017 qualifying group, and a quarter-final defeat in the Emerging Nations Cup, Lucerne was succeeded by Lusa later in the year.
The team competed in the 2018 CiboTap Championships qualification rounds, where they finished bottom of their four-team group after losing all six matches. The team then participated in their fourth Emerging Nations Cup, winning their quarter-final over Saint Andre before losing to hosts Xang Muang and beating Hondon to place third.
In the 2019 World Cup qualifiers, the team finished fourth in their five-team group with ten points. Lusa next competed in the first Noka Cup in late 2019, finishing bottom of their group with one point from two matches.
Chronological competitive participation
- 2012 Territories Cup (as Lucerne)
- 2013 FMF World Cup qualification (as Lucerne)
- 2013 Antarctic Shield (as Lucerne)
- 2014 FMF World Cup qualification (as Lucerne)
- 2014 Emerging Nations Cup (as Lucerne)
- 2015 FMF World Cup qualification (as Lucerne)
- 2016 CiboTap Championships qualification (as Lucerne)
- 2016 Emerging Nations Cup (as Lucerne)
- 2017 FMF World Cup qualification (as Lucerne)
- 2017 Emerging Nations Cup (as Lucerne)
- 2018 CiboTap Championships qualification
- 2018 Emerging Nations Cup
- 2019 FMF World Cup qualification
- 2019 Noka Cup
- 2020 CiboTap Championships qualification
Lusa has used the following flag during the entirety of its FMF affiliation: