Flags of Calbion
|Design||A blue saltire on a white field, with the Coat of arms of Calbion superimposed at the center.|
The Flag of Calbion was adopted immediately following the establishment of the Calbain nation in 1596. It draws upon the symbolism of the Calbain people.
Symbolism and design
The flag features the ancient coat of arms of the Prince of the Calbain, thereby representing the Calbain people. The blue saltire symbolises the maritime history of Calbion, whilst the white refers to the former royal colour, and has retrospectively also been suggested to symbolise the Calbain Church. The flag of Calbion was updated in the year 1613 to remove the black lining to the saltire. In 1688, the Coat of Arms on the flag was slightly altered.
The flags of the seven Talaith all feature the Calbain saltire, except for the flag of Kilkelly, which remains the traditional green-white-orange banner.