Flag of the River Warriors
Regional flag of the River Warriors
The original flag used as an autonomous region of Senya. The black represented the cultural heritage of the nation, the green represents the fertile lands, the white represents peace and the blue represents the rivers. The original tribal arms are featured. However, the flag was changed to remove the tribal arms in 1601 AN. This flag is often associated with Senyan rule over the River Warriors and was used by pro-Senyans during the River Warrior War, and this flag was often used by supporters of the Rivorian Liberation Army during the War of Lost Brothers. As such, the first two flags have a strong political connotation with Senyan nationalism and are supressed under the Jingdaoese regime presently.
The third flag was originally designed by supporters of the separatist and pro-Apollonian insurgents in 1617 AN, with this flag became the official banner in 1620 AN, following independence from Senya and the subsequent joining of the Apollonian Confederation. The flag was beloved in the River Warriors under its days in the ARSE and became a much loved symbol. Even after the fall of the Apollonian Confederation and its integration with Jingdao and throughout the Geming War, the banner retained its popularity, seen as displaying the love of the Rivorians for their Jing liberators. Once again, the dark blue represents the river, though this time it is defaced with an Apollonian eagle, whilst the rest of the flag is burgundy, a traditional colour amongst the Rivorians.
However, as tensions built ahead of the War of Lost Brothers, The Jing government wished to quell any potential rebellion, as fears of the re-emergence of a pro-Senyan insurgency were mounting. Realising that the current flag was explicitly represented a previous dynasty, the Jing government withdrew its official backing of a Rivorian flag, and this blue and white "stream" flag was implemented both as a "ethnic" flag that would be used to represent both the Rivorian minority in cultural events and in international sporting competitions. However, the flag was not popular, with most citizens using the Jing flag instead, which pleased the Jing authorities. Following the unsuccessful separatist insurgency in the mid-1650s, the Jing government felt it appropriate not to promote the flag, instead using only the Jing flag at all events within the River Warriors, with the exception of international sporting competitions, though the flag remained in place.
In 1692 AN, in the wake of the total suppression of the Rivorian separatists, the Chidao Emperor, hoping to score some political points, granted the Rivorians a new flag, based on the old 1620–1641 design. The design also incorporated the flag of Jingdao in the canton, which pleased many hardline Jings, as well as re-introducing the Apollonian eagle and the burgundy field, which pleased many ethnic Rivorians. As such, the new flag was met with near-universal support at an official unveiling in Jingbuzu.
The current flag of the River Warriors contains the flag of Jingdao in the canton, with a blue River containing the Apollonian eagle below. The remainder of the flag is a field of burgundy.