This is an article about the Republic of Alduria. Do you want to know more?

Aldurian National Pipeline System

From MicrasWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

The Aldurian National Pipeline System (ANPS) includes the trans-Alduria crude-oil pipeline, 11 pump stations, several miles of feeder pipelines, and three marine terminals: the Susa Marine Terminal, the Alkhiva Marine Terminal, and the Amol Marine Terminal. The crude oil pipeline is owned jointly by the Aldurian Oil Company (AOC) and KerOil.

The pipeline was built between 1672 and 1678 AN, financed by the AOC, KerOil, and by heavy government tax incentives. Environmental, legal, and political debates followed the ramp-up of oil and gas economic development across Alduria. The pipeline was built only after many government concessions were granted to different environmental and political interests to remove legal challenges to the project.

In building the pipeline, engineers faced a wide range of difficulties, stemming mainly from the extreme heat and the many varied and isolated terrain across Alduria. The project attracted tens of thousands of foreign workers to Alduria, causing a boomtown atmosphere in the Aldurian cities of Amapola, Amol, Susa, and Alkhiva.

The first barrel of oil traveled through the pipeline in the summer of 1676, with full-scale production projected by the end of the year. In 1678 AN, the pipeline was extended to the Constancian city of Arak, where an oil terminal has been built with Aldurian assistance operated by Constancia. The pipeline could be extended and used to link to other regional pipelines that could take Aldurian oil to Antakia and other parts of Constancia.