Update 10.15

Where the MCS officials will make notices to the general public.
Scott Alexander
Special Cartographer

Update 10.15

Post by Scott Alexander »

Or something. We need to think up a new numbering system to cover both Spangle's updates to the old map and my updates to the new map. But the new map is indeed updated. You can find it at:

http://www.micromaps.org/maps/political.png

(we also need to think up a new file naming system, but whatever).

Please post any errors you find on this thread.

CHANGE LOG:

Corrected Mania
Added Hurdland
Changed CIS
Expanded Amokolia
Fixed spelling errors in Natopia
Fixed minor errors with Novitania and Tokidoki
Various other things pointed out to me on the original thread
Deleted some dead people
Added Iridia
Deleted no-longer-extant Numenor colony
Maybe fixed Collins Islands
Fixed Riponia spelling errors
Fixed Matbaa spelling errors
Expanded and completely rearranged Numenor
Added Engliriace
Changed Beaugium around to comply with its requests, had them say they were leaving the next day, grumbled about it a bit, and decided to leave them on until 10.2.

---------------------------------------------------

By the way, the contest was won by Vilhelm and Spangle working together. The message was written in an alphabet called "Theban", used by sorcerers during the Middle Ages, and it read:

"The lonely room no more is there -
For to the sight in pomp appear
Temples and cities pois'd in air
And blazing glories - sphere on sphere."

They will get their mountain during a physical map update at some point.
pawelabrams

Post by pawelabrams »

Hmmm... Hurdland moves! It was on the island it is now, later moved to smaller island south of that, and now it is in that place it was first.... Weird

EDIT:
Oh, that was Hurdania not Hurdland
President of Interland
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

scott put special map or something in the title, i'll put claims map.

btw can you link me to the old one (so i can add to archives)
kingj

Post by kingj »

West of our province which YOU have named Andustar there are three of our island which have been given to someone else, and similarly off the coast of southern Andustar there is a small island on eigher side of the continent which have been given to the CIS. And when i said you could change some city names i didnt mean you should change everything including provincial boundries, do away with two of our most important cities and rename the capital! :evil:
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
ID06

Post by ID06 »

In Lovely, Spexico City is supposed to be in the Spexico region, not in the Home region.

(see an old map for the correct location of Spexico City)

Harpo (formerly ID06)
Mayor of Spexico City since 2005
Lovely's Eccentric Millionaire
kingj

Post by kingj »

And since when did Amokolia have a piece of mainland between us and shireroth? Unless im very much mistaken it wasnt there yesterday.
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

there's always mistakes with all the newest map that comes out...
pawelabrams wrote:Oh, that was Hurdania not Hurdland
it's meant to be Hurdania, their capital is Nerdland (i can see where the mistake came from)

EDIT: Iridia is wrong shape too, it should just be the peninsula...
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
Scott Alexander
Special Cartographer

Thanks re:Hurdland. Will fix.

Re: Numenor - you told me to fix the problems. Emyn Arnen was one of the problems; it's supposed to be a barren range of hills in Ithilien, and therefore not even a city, a continent away from Numenor, and discovered about two thousand years after Numenor ever existed. AYYYIEEEEE! The capital of Tolkien's Numenor was Armenelos, so I changed it. I'll try to find you on AIM sometime and we can work out what you do and don't want done there, and I promise to listen to you and not let my geekiness get in the way. Probably.

Someone told me in the last error thread that those three islands west of Andustar were supposed to be Lovelian. If they should be Numenorian, I'll fix that right away.

Amokolia had a piece of mainland ever since they asked for it in an expansion and the board accepted it a few days ago. Is there some reason they shouldn't get it?

I was going by the literal latitude-longitude numbers for the Iridians. I should try to track them down and ask what they mean

There should be an update fixing some of these errors VERY soon..
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

The Iridian claim is this one:

Which was accepted by the Council.
Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
http://www.riponia.org
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

checking ths paint map works... :lol:
Scott Alexander
Special Cartographer

The map has been updated as follows:

-Fixed Hurdland/Hurdania mess
-Iridian claim now smaller
-Spexico City now in Spexico
-Three small islands now Numenorian

Larger issues with Numenor have not been fixed yet. But they will be, soon. I'm still hoping to catch King Jeremy online sometime and talk to him.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Post by Zatriarch Maximillideus »

Excuse me, but I thought Lovely was to be removed?
The MCS's new special maps cartographer and religious leader
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

:lol: No, that was Beagium! Wow, someone actually thought they were the same... XD

(I may be wrong, but I assume you're talking about that)
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

No. We admins were also talking about removing Lovely from the map. A measure I assume you would heartily endorse?
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

Not really. As I said to Spangle (I actually asked him to ask the Council once...), I'd like it if Lovely could appoint a new representative for the MCS, stop people *cough* ISIT *cough* publically insulting the MCS with no basis and they'd get about a 1/3 reduction. That's my idea.

Although if the Council would prefer to get rid of Lovely altogether, I won't argue.
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

max that vote wasn't passed... it took too long to do then i accidently moved it to finished votes and am farb too lazy to move it back...

and scott... when updating just use the current paint map as a guide...
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Well, at least we're agreed that Lovely should have a reduction either way.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Scott Alexander wrote:-Fixed Hurdland/Hurdania mess
not completely - it's still on the wrong island :oops:
+ should the capital's name be on it?
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
Hieu
FMS Administration

Post by Hieu »

ehem....Seongchan? It's Seongchen!
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

Naturally should the council, on its own initiative, decide to reduce a nation's land then I would expect that nation to leave.
Guido Zambelis
The Rt Hon The Viscount Eden KMNOP

Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Lovely

HM King Guy I of the Kingdom of Houland
(Formerly IS IT)
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

and should we throw a nation out for breaking the charter?
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

Depends on what the charter says.
Guido Zambelis

(Formerly IS IT)
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

k.. calundy hasn't seen a post for 3 months...
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

It's a GC protectorate now I believe...
Guido Zambelis

(Formerly IS IT)
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

still nop posts for 3 months...