Zindaria Expansion

Claims which have been announced and added to the map
eternalphoenix555

Zindaria Expansion

Post by eternalphoenix555 »

Name & Title: Luke Hill, King of Zindaria
E-Mail/Contact: eternalphoenix555@yahoo.com
Nation: Zindaria
Request: We would like to annex the islands known as Nelaga, Airosamete, Setauket and Armoria, shown on the map below.

Notes:
We just heard that New Brittania gave up the territory they called the Crown Colony of Koranga which is adjacent to us.

Here is their map of it and of our island:

The island on the map that they call Solaria is our current territory which we call New Zindaria Island and is shown as ours on the latest MCS map and some previous MCS maps. We'll post a map of our own if this claim is acceptable.

We would like to annex the islands shown on that map as:

Nelaga (actually it's one large island and two unlabelled small islands)
Airosamete
Setauket
Armoria

If we can't have all of them, we'd like what we can get. The islands are listed above in the order of priority for us with Nelaga the most important. If someone else wants these, we would like the Western part of the main island of Nelaga and that is more important to us than getting any whole island. We have an archeological expedition there which has been working there for three months. This was with the permission of the New Brittanian government which they gave here:

http://kingjeremy.proboards51.com/index ... 1166162551

Our own brief discussion on it is here:

http://p068.ezboard.com/fzindariafrm40

Yes, I realize our activity level is not what it once was, but now that Spring Break is here we expect it to pick up. We got kind of demoralized when a planned recwar with Alexandria didn't happen. Maybe somebody out there reading this would like to have a recwar with us, perhaps over these islands?
Last edited by eternalphoenix555 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hieu
FMS Administration

Post by Hieu »

wow I should have claimed Armoria, it's got a very similar name to US Amoria. :)

wow, nice to see Zindaria claiming again, I was wondering where you've been.
kingj

Post by kingj »

I've made a map, although i don't know what cities you would of liked so i just took words from your forum.

By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

haha, you got me back for the other one :lol:
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
kingj

Post by kingj »

Huzzah :P
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Babs

Post by Babs »

there seems to be a distinct lack of activity in Zindaria... but whatever, up to the higher powers at...council level *looks up in an Are You being Served style*
High Prince Babs, Beaugium
KCMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
SOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
POOG, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
HCrC, - Kingdom of Craiteland
H-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
E-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Whitesnake Award, - Kingdom of Durntkinstan
DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Pete wrote:I have a face
Pete wrote:because you've just had a lard expansion
Guido Zambelis wrote:No, I'm gay.
Andreas the Wise wrote: So we have a 30% share in giant swordfish ... could work ...
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

Their community is mainly based in Yahoo! Groups, which is an officially recognised measure of activity last time I checked. And to my knowledge their Yahoo! Group is quite active.
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
Babs

Post by Babs »

Ah right, I was wondering what was going on there!
Andreas the Wise wrote: So we have a 30% share in giant swordfish ... could work ...
eternalphoenix555

Hello

(I'm logged in as eternalphoenix555, but this is really Luke's brother Jake. I don't have a login on MCS.)

It sounds like more people in the micronational community have been paying attention to our small nation than I thought.

Hieu, while we have just claimed the islands (obviously) we would be willing to consider a recwar with your nation in which the victor keeps Armoria (and gets to rename it Amoria if they wish). We were planning on a recwar with Alexandria that didn't happen so we are still looking for one.

Kingj, thank you for the map, but we will prepare our own map. Our capital is at a settlement called Dolphin Bay located on the south side of New Zindaria Island on a bay by the same name. Also, that's not where Jasonia Palace is. We're not making that up. Jasonia Palace was built by a much, much earlier micronation and the discoveries we describe are based on discoveries we are making about Jasonia's past.

The ancient history our archeologists found was something we actually found (we're not saying where) that was apparently actually written by a Jasonian years ago. We did not invent a word of it. (If we had, it would be much better.)

In keeping with Zindarian practice of trying to make our history match what has gone before on Micras, we do not plan to rename all the islands, erase cities and replace them with new cities that spring up out of nowhere. We plan to show ruins of several sites from the Jasonian era and possibly some abandoned towns from the Aerlish era and to show settlements of the New Brittanian / Koranga Colony period as still in existence. We do not plan to rename any islands unless it is to restore ancient names. We only renamed New Zindaria Island because it was not labelled on any map we had access to at that time. We probably will not rename any city, but if we do, it will be in the same way that St. Petersburg was renamed Petrograd, then Leningrad and finally St. Petersburg again. Or how Saigon was renamed Ho Chi Minh City. It would be a political act that would not change the fact that it is still the same city and the same people in the same place.

We are refraining from publishing the map at this point in order to not further publicize the location of the Jasonia Palace ruins until the dig site is more secure and our claim to it is widely recognized.

To the MCS, we readily admit that our nation is not large and has undergone a period of relative inactivity since school resumed after New Years. On the other hand, we will probably have more activity as Spring Break gets under way this week. More importantly, though we are small, we play the role of a small nation and do not make extravagant claims or pretend to have vast armies. Though we are small, our current territory on Micras is miniscule. Even with this addition, our nation would still be quite small. Especially if we don't get all of it.

We think that our approach to running a micronation and making sure that it integrates well with the prior history and current events of the rest of the world of Micras is a benefit that should be considered in addition to how many citizens we have.

For example, we have no particular interest in Soloralism. We mention it because it is obvious from the history of our island that there would be many Soloralists among the indigenous population.

Also, we did not invent a whole new ethnic group of "Zindarians" out of nowhere. Our nation arose as a direct result of political developments in Babkha and specifically in Greater Zjandaria going back to an internal revolt of Zjandarians in 2002 and culminating in the disappearance of the Babkhan state from the map of Micras in 2006 and the unsuccessful and unrecognized effort by our king and religious leader to establish a successor state in the resulting chaos. (Our claim was denied by the MCS) Our people left what had been Greater Zjandaria on Micras, spent some time in exile in Geneva, Alexandria where we won some converts to our religion. This was not something we just made up, it was part of the role playing of a recwar in Alexandria that many nations participated in. During that recwar, our government in exile was kicked out of Alexandria, but we gained uncontested control of the island that we now call New Zindaria Island even though our armed forces consisted of only a few hundred refugee cultists with small arms.

Because of our history, our people are a mix of Zjandarians from Babkha, French Alexandrians, and the people we found on New Zindaria Island when we arrived who are a mix of Aerlish and earlier elements. Our colonists are united only by their religion, a wacky cult, and we are now having some friction with the more numerous earlier inhabitants of our island.

We believe that our participation in Micras adds a lot more than our small population would suggest. For example, we have even gone to great lengths to develop an explanation, jointly with other major nations such as Stormark, Hurmu and Babkha, as to exactly how it is that Micras and Giess seem to interact even though they are two separate planets and nobody ever seems to need a spacecraft to move from one to the other. We have negotiated a treaty with Hurmu for the use of the so-called "Hurmu Gate" (invented by Babkha, I think) for our people to travel between Micras and Giess.

While the MCS and the GSO may disagree on many things and be hostile to each other, the fact is that a number of nations have territory on both Micras and Giess. How is this possible? We have done much to answer that question and help paper over glaring inconsistencies and paradoxes in both simulated worlds that were created by the MCS/GSO feud.

It would help us a lot if we could at least continue our archaeological research on Nelaga Island. That would be facilitated by recognition of our sovereignty over it. The other islands would be nice, too, but if we get them, we will sponsor a recwar and make the islands available to the winners since it is not realistic for a nation as small and weak as we are to hold onto those territories unless nobody else wants them or unless, with the help of allies or miraculous military victories, we can resist encroachments of other nations. But it is realistic that our nation would seize the Koranga Colony first because we are right next to it and have prior interaction with it. We posted the first claim, I believe, which makes my point.

Let us have the islands at least for the moment. Our pitiful military won't be able to hold them all anyway. In this way we can have territory divided up in a more realistic way than by competing applications to the MCS.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Re: Hello

Post by Craitman »

eternalphoenix555 wrote: in which the victor keeps Armoria (and gets to rename it Amoria if they wish
can that happen?
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
kingj

Re: Hello

Post by kingj »

eternalphoenix555 wrote:(Jasonia Palace was built by a much, much earlier micronation and the discoveries we describe are based on discoveries we are making about Jasonia's past.
I would have to be rather stupid not to know that the Jasonian palace was built by an older nation considering you've been posting on my forum about it all week.
By my hand,
Babs

Post by Babs »

It would be obvious to me that the Jasonian palace was built by The FIOJ
Colonel Vilhelm

It's Jasonia Palace by the way. [Not to you Babs, just to people in general.]
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
Babs

Post by Babs »

By Jasonian above I meant it was a palace from Jasonia.

soz for that.
Colonel Vilhelm

Ah. Excuse me then. And I assume that His Majesty King Jeremy's error was not an error at all in the same way? :wink:
Babs

Post by Babs »

*omist symbol* simplified - ?!
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

interrobang :D
eternalphoenix555

Sorry

King Jeremy, I certainly didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I was just trying to point out why we can't use the map you created. Jasonia Palace is shown on some other maps endorsed by MCS in an earlier era so we are not at liberty to show it in a different place as it is shown on the map you created for us. Thank you for your assistance, though.
Babs

Post by Babs »

dr-spangle wrote:interrobang :D
I thought thats what it was! *stores in mind*
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

yes_stamp

get an official claim map sorted :P
eternalphoenix555

Claim Map

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Here is the map of our claim:

The only city we added was Dolphin Bay on New Zindaria Island. This is the island we had before and it had no cities on it. We were mentioning a settlement called Dolphin Bay at that location in our postings for some time now.

Except for Dolphin Bay, all the ruins and cities are from previous MCS maps. The cities from New Brittania remain as before, some of the ones from Aerlig before that have had their names simplified (as really happens with placenames over time) and two old Aerlish cities (Southport and New Sebastopol) are virtually abandoned now so they were left off the map.

We did not mark Dolphin Bay as our capital because the symbol for a capital city won't really fit there and also because we may move our capital soon.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

so you have no capital :P
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

or just an "acting" capital? :lol:

i like to see there's not overly loads of information and writing on that map...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Babs

Post by Babs »

Be glad they had any cities at all.