World Council 4

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of historic micronational projects.

Moderator: Colonel Vilhelm

Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

World Council 4

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

World Council 4 - the First without Blue Hair!

The World Council, an idea coined by Harvey Steffke too long ago for any of us to remember, is being produced by the Apollo Foundation this February in celebration of the past and the future of micronationalism. On the 19th of February 2000, the Flying Islands of Jasonia were born and ever since then a butterfly effect of actions made by its members has made micronationalism what it is today.

These days, many of the people in World Councils versions 1-3 are retired. People that had been around for many years are now gone, and Micras, their legacy, has been thrust into the perhaps enthusiastic but arguably less-than-ready hands of newer micronationalists. World Council 4 is a celebration of this.

What is a World Council? Basically, a bunch of pictures of micronationalism put together in one compendium image. World Council version 3 had over 20 micronationalists on it (find it here), representing a wide scope of micronationalists on Micras. World Council 4 aims to present the future of micronationalism; those of us who have been around here only for a year or so, or less; the people who will one day have to keep Micras and the legacies of the lost alive.

How can you get involved? Simply PM me a picture of you (not another micronationalist please, as we don't want trouble from disgruntled people who don't want their picture on here) and I shall see to it that it is put on this edition of the World Council. Please keep in mind that World Council 4 will be released on the 19th of February, as a tribute to Jasonia Day. Thank you.

- Vilhelm von Benkern, CEO of the Apollo Foundation
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

What year was the World Council 3 put together?
Colonel Vilhelm

2003 I believe. July, I think.
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

hence having people who have either left or are very inactive...
Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Wow, this is amazingly cool. I didn't know the old World Council project was ever really known outside of Shireroth. I'll be sure to show up on the 19th to see the next generation of micronational wackos!
Colonel Vilhelm

Harvey, I meant to contact you about permission, but considering the positivity of the last post I assume you're allowing this.
Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I'm far too retired to have permission issues at this point. Though I do have to say I fully approve of what you are doing here.