Recomendation

Dedicated to the protection and preservation of historic micronational projects.

Moderator: Colonel Vilhelm

kingjames

Recomendation

Post by kingjames »

Would it not be a good idea to offer the apollo's services to all nations - dead or alive, but in a copyright kinda way. Otherwise there's nothing to stop others from copying ideas from a living nation which is just as bad as using ideas from a dead one. You'd also probably get more work to do :P I know how much you like work!! :lol: :P
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

yes, also we could save websites and stuff before they close down or change... and before forums get pruned...

i've already dome a thing sorta like this in oscland as the forum keeps changing...
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

I've talked to James on MSN about this but I'll just make my position clear. Of course, this isn't the bottom line but it's what I think.

In my opinion, and as how I read it from the various sources of Apollo Foundation reading (mainly http://www.micromaps.org/foundation/), the Foundation is first and foremost a micronational safety deposit box, not only for ideas, but for cultures, personalities and histories. To put it in a more cynical way, the Apollo Foundation is a storage space for micronations that are dead now, but whose leaders feel should be preserved a) for the community b) to keep them safe and c) to be risen again at a later date. Straight from this definition, one can see the inappropriations that James' idea faces.

The Apollo Foundation represents the dead, effectively. We defend the Intellectual Property of the micronationally retired. If someone started up "New New Brittania" with the exact skins and names from New Brittania, Jeremy, who is still around, would say: "Oi! Watcher doin'?!" But what if I founded New Jasonia? Who would say "Err, what the PRH is going on here?" The Apollo Foundation would, that's who!

To an extent, the Apollo Foundation is a micronational copyright office. It even says so on the official main page. But it is pretty much reserved for the dead nations. For almost all cases, it is a morgue, a tomb, where we can store the old works and wonders of people long retired. For the younger ones among us, it gives inspiration; for the older ones, nostalgic memories, for example seeing an outrageous propaganda poster you thought to be lost. Hence, I disagree with this proposal. Although I do appreciate the thought. :D
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...