Ages of World

For the discussion and on-going creation of the universe around Micras.

Moderator: Technical Advisors

Andreas the Wise

Ages of World

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Just wondering ... I found and translated some old documents which describe the history of the world from just after creation to the end of the first age (which I can show you if anyone's interested). I was just wondering if anyone knew what age we're in now, so I know how much history is missing. At least a millenia or two, I'm sure.

I think we're in the third age, but I don't know ...
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

what earth, earth is in the 5th "age" as predicted by the aztecs, of corse this age will end in 2012 when the world will be destroyed by horrendous earthquakes.
then age 6 starts
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

And by the Aztec calendar which is actually more exact than ours, it's actually closer to 2009, not 2007.
Andreas the Wise

I actually meant the age of Micras. I found the documents in Novatainia ... so I doubt they're too related to earth.

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

Hmm, historical documents on Micras? You'd be best looking at this. It's correct over any other. Probably. Whatever you discover/write on Micras should go along with this stuff, unless you just want a creation myth or something, for your nation or religion or whatever.

Could you show me aforementioned documents? I'd be most interested to look at 'em.
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

Micras is about 5 years old, very fast planet formation
Andreas the Wise

@Colnel Vilhelm
Fascinating, though is this history ripped off a computer game? Is this Shireoth's version of events, or an offical micronational history, and if so, WHY ISN'T IT STICKIED IN MCS IN A PROMINENT PLACE SO WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT!

It does have the problem, though, that we're in the year 2007, and it details a lot of time afterwards ... might want to rethink about its absolute relevance ...

I'm also fascinated by its many references to magic, despite the fact that when Bayen tried to introduce his Magical Charter of Micras, practically every micronation ignored it or said they'd never do magic. Only Novatainia took it up properly ...
I'm also interested by all these references to Ultimate Good, Pure Evil and gods ... considering all the Christian Micronations out there, but I won't worry about that ...

If this did make a computer game, is it still available? It sounds great fun to play ...

My humble translations of scrolls are located here:
http://novatainia.1111mb.com/forum/phpB ... c.php?t=42 Feel free to join the forum and discuss them in the Discussion thread (a separate one) ...

I must confess, the history I translated, though it gives no dates, only rough time periods, all seems to occur firmly in the First Age of the World, as defined by its historian. As far as I can tell, we're in the third age now, 2007 years into it to be precise, so there's a whole Second Age which I know nothing about. Perhaps large portions of your history occured in that ...
Also, the history covers a small, yet exciting, area of Micras, which I gather is the area now inhabited by Tokidoki and Novatainia. Numerous expeditions of humans leaving the area are mentioned throughout ... I can only assume they formed all further human micronations. The dominance of man came at the end of the first age, and continued since ... but your history may have occured in other, unconnected parts of Micras, explaining the ignorance of the other one ...

@Spangle: Five years aye? That throws the millenia old historical documents out of whack then ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Colonel Vilhelm

Fascinating, though is this history ripped off a computer game? Is this Shireoth's version of events, or an offical micronational history, and if so, WHY ISN'T IT STICKIED IN MCS IN A PROMINENT PLACE SO WE ALL KNOW ABOUT IT!
Shireroth's I suppose. No one cares about the History of Micras or how it ties in with all those BGI games and whatnot, so stickying it and that would be kind of silly. It was the only history up until now, and since Shireroth was a founding member of the MCS I guess it would've been generally accepted if anyone had read it. :P
I'm also interested by all these references to Ultimate Good, Pure Evil and gods ... considering all the Christian Micronations out there, but I won't worry about that ...
It's like a Soloralist history I think. Read that article, it'll explain everything.
I'm also fascinated by its many references to magic, despite the fact that when Bayen tried to introduce his Magical Charter of Micras, practically every micronation ignored it or said they'd never do magic. Only Novatainia took it up properly ...
That's because Magic isn't really a big thing in micronationalism. That draws it into role-playing, which many micronationalists oppose. Although to be fair, the writers of this history did treat micronationalism as a sort of RPG in many ways.
If this did make a computer game, is it still available? It sounds great fun to play ...
Well, I've so far found the Control of Destiny (half of) and Control of Destiny 2 (quite messed up, my version is). If you want the links and information about them I'll happily supply them to you via PM or whatever.
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
Andreas the Wise

Thanks very much, that was quite interesting to read ...
Having played Chrono Trigger, a lot of it now makes a lot more sense ... don't worry about sending me the links if they're only half/messed up stuff ... thanks anyway though
Being Shireoth of course makes sense, I hear all about Shireoth, though they don't seem to do much on MCS any more ...
Oh well, if there's is the generally accepted history, good for them. The impression you give is that old micronationalists will no of it, but no one cares, so me translating my own is fine. I've always had problems with time travel and changing time anyway, though it makes for interesting computer games ...

Again, thanks very much! :D

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Colonel Vilhelm

Bleh, no problem. If you ever come across a fully functioning Control of Destiny game please PM it to me! =P Missing out on half a game isn't as fun as it sounds. The scripts are online somewheres but it's not the same.
The impression you give is that old micronationalists will no of it, but no one cares, so me translating my own is fine.
You've hit the nail on the head there. Although others might disagree, that is my opinion.
Andreas the Wise

Ok, I'll just continue my translating of scrolls as is ... ignoring those crazy Solarians ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Colonel Vilhelm

Good idea. :P I'm reading through the posts on your forum now, they seem good so far. Looking forward to the next series of "translated scrolls". 8)
Andreas the Wise

Glad you're enjoying htgem. I'm working through the Tales of Nova, but since its in a different language again, my translating skills are such that, stylistically, its not brilliant ... it works though ...

If this sort of stuff interests you, I don't suppose you're interested in magic like Novatainia and Tokidoki have? We'd love more micronations to get involved ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity