Result Discussion

Where all the slaughtering is happening.
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

The NAM side may also gain the islands. Whoever wins the war, gains control over the islands.
kingj

Post by kingj »

So the fake peace keepers (who cause more conflict than they solve) can now take the islands where as they couldnt before? How fair it is that larger nations can take things away from smaller countries just because of the feeling of superiority they get from it, why dont you just give the NAM the entire map and save us all a lot of time!?!?! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Babs

Post by Babs »

Beaugium would like to state its disgust at the latest announcement.
High Prince Babs, Beaugium
KCMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
SOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
POOG, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
HCrC, - Kingdom of Craiteland
H-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
E-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Whitesnake Award, - Kingdom of Durntkinstan
DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Pete wrote:I have a face
Pete wrote:because you've just had a lard expansion
Guido Zambelis wrote:No, I'm gay.
Andreas the Wise wrote: So we have a 30% share in giant swordfish ... could work ...
kingj

Post by kingj »

- New Brittania, Kampong and Nova England gain control over the islands at the end of the war
What does that say Vehendi? You should know, you wrote it! It doesnt say "- New Brittania, Kampong and Nova England gain control over the islands at the end of the war unless i change my mind later"
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

OOC: You do realise that you were hit by _300_ missiles... the damage you claim to have incurred is hardly proportionate.

OOC: I must admit that I too am surprised that the islands may end up under NAM control, I was under the impression that they would be granted to either NB, NE or KP at the end of the war...

EDIT: Oh, and I dispute the claims that the NAM peacekeepers were 'fake' and that they have caused any conflict at all. Quite the opposite, areas under NAM control have been as peaceful as a day fishing.
Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
http://www.riponia.org
kingj

Post by kingj »

OOC: The NAM areas are only quiet because most countries dont want to risk war with you, but eventually you'll find someone whos going to fight back.
By my hand,
Babs

Post by Babs »

OOC: says he as he watches his NAM couterpart blast 300 missiles at two carriers for no apparent reason. All in the name of peacekeeping...
Andreas the Wise wrote: So we have a 30% share in giant swordfish ... could work ...
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

King Joe, where did I say that?

Also, in the all information about the war thread it is written:
The winner(s) of the Taylor Bay RecWar will gain control of the islands in the Taylor Bay. Other nations will get pieces of land elsewhere.
But seeing that there is popular support, only the three main nations may occupy the Warring Islands at the end of the war.

And I do agree that Stormark's way of peacekeeping is a bit different.
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

So have you now U-Turned?
Guido Zambelis
The Rt Hon The Viscount Eden KMNOP

Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Lovely

HM King Guy I of the Kingdom of Houland
(Formerly IS IT)
kingjoe

Post by kingjoe »

Vehendi wrote:King Joe, where did I say that?

Also, in the all information about the war thread it is written:
The winner(s) of the Taylor Bay RecWar will gain control of the islands in the Taylor Bay. Other nations will get pieces of land elsewhere.
But seeing that there is popular support, only the three main nations may occupy the Warring Islands at the end of the war.

And I do agree that Stormark's way of peacekeeping is a bit different.
Summary:

- The war will be hosted by the MCS
- The war starts the 5th of October and ends the 26th of October
- Forces are SNARL size
- New Brittania, Kampong and Nova England gain control over the islands at the end of the war
Babs

Post by Babs »

OK, so...who's side am I on again?! lol
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

Joe, you're right - I stand corrected.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Post by Zatriarch Maximillideus »

I don't see anything wrong with our occupation of the islands. If you want to try and expel the NAM forces, you can try. It's all fair.
The MCS's new special maps cartographer and religious leader
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Babs

Post by Babs »

NAM occupying the islands creates more problems than it solves. You cant take possession at the end. So what, we have to have another war for them?!?
And then, if you occupy them, its a stale mate, we cant attack you because a) Your supposed to be neutral etc etc and b)It'd create a little miniwar
So if NAM occupy the islands, then theres no actual point to this, because you cant keep them, so the three have to have some sort of agreement or whatever, and we'll just go in circles.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Aah, but we can take possession of them- see the map thread.
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

That's only temporarily.
Babs

Post by Babs »

once the war is over you cant keep them though, so whats the point.
sovereignvikingemperor

Post by sovereignvikingemperor »

This is simply a nice military adventure for the Matbaics, I presume. :)
Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver,
The Sovereign Viking Emperor.

Stórmarks frammia upvérdi, det er kfád ei lévir fur.
chrimigules

Post by chrimigules »

Yeah, NAM doesn't constitute the main adversaries in this war, therefore cannot obtain the promised islands. 'Twould be nice, though.
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

chrimigules wrote:NAM doesn't constitute the main adversaries
That's one way of looking at it.
Guido Zambelis

(Formerly IS IT)
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

This is simply a nice military adventure for the Matbaics, I presume
Spot on, Harald :wink:
We created seven new regiments since our last war, we just want to see how they fare!
Graius

Post by Graius »

Interestingly (and I'm sticking my head in because I've been reading a book on peacekeeping this week) a force can only be called "peacekeepers" when both sides consent to their use as such. When such a force takes sides and attacks another not in self-defence or in the prevention of the halting of a ceasefire, then it is no longer peacekeeping. A peacekeeping force exists to uphold a state of ceasefire (de facto or de jure) between two or more forces. Anything outside that remit cannot be called peacekeeping, and to claim otherwise is posturing.
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

Thank you Graius :D
Guido Zambelis

(Formerly IS IT)
Lyam conDoin

Post by Lyam conDoin »

I would say that by the end of the war, if NAM is in possesion of the islands, they remain unclaimed territory and stay that way for a decided-upon length of time (say, one year?).
King Lyam conDoin I of Rillanon
First King of Isles of Tokidoki
z7.invisionfree.com/tokidoki
Braden Indianensis

Post by Braden Indianensis »

This is idiotic. I think if the main belligerent parties don't have the requisite military capabilities to secure the islands, the NAM should.