Result Discussion

Where all the slaughtering is happening.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Post by Zatriarch Maximillideus »

Fine. Matbaa'll invade somewhere else and take it as a colony instead. Boo-bloody-hoo.
The MCS's new special maps cartographer and religious leader
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

Erstemal, Harald is correct, this is but an adventure.

To Graius, I would contend that the NAM forces are definately peacekeepers, as they are successfully keeping the peace. :P
Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
http://www.riponia.org
chrimigules

Post by chrimigules »

Braden, we can start scouring Micras for a good place to set up base.
Braden Indianensis

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Alright...
Graius

Post by Graius »

A force that establishes a peace are not peacekeepers. All military forces seek to establish a peace, but aim to do so on their terms. In a conventional war, each side seeks to establish a peace in which their side has a clear dominance over the other. What differentiates peacekeeping operations is that peacekeepers are deployed to maintain conditions of a ceasefire, by preventing any side from attacking the other, and they seek to establish such conditions by armed conflict. One of the best examples of this being the US peacekeeping force in Korea, which has to date successfully prevented either side from crossing the 38th Parallel North and the continuation of what remains officially war between the two Koreas.
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

Graius wrote:What differentiates peacekeeping operations is that peacekeepers are deployed to maintain conditions of a ceasefire, by preventing any side from attacking the other, and they seek to establish such conditions by armed conflict.
That happened too. Take New Britannia launching multiple aircraft to attack Nova England and turning back at the insistence of Riponian peacekeepers. :P

Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
kingj

Post by kingj »

That was only because i cant be bothered with a drawn out war with NAM... :P
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

Drawn out? ;) :P
Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
sovereignvikingemperor

Post by sovereignvikingemperor »

kingj wrote:That was only because i cant be bothered with a drawn out war with NAM... :P
No, you very wisely decided that you do not want to end up in NAM's meatgrinder.
Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver,
The Sovereign Viking Emperor.

Stórmarks frammia upvérdi, det er kfád ei lévir fur.
kingj

Post by kingj »

*mutters threats under breath*
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.