Info about the next updates (August-November)

Where the MCS officials will make notices to the general public.
Vehendi

Info about the next updates (August-November)

Post by Vehendi »

The next update we will publish will be 8.0.2c, which will be Micras prior 15/08 and will include scientific fixes only.

Since I will be on a semi-loa from the 21st to the 31st, 9.0.0 will have to wait. 9.0.0 will be published in the first week of September and will be up-to-date. All GSO map members will be removed and all new nations and expansions will be added.

Series 9 will lat for approx 2/3 month, because I plan on modernising the map (keeping the shapes of everything, just making it look less gif-like.)

In the mean time, the Micronational Astronomy Society and Apollo Foundation will be revitalised. We hope to present you with a star map by October and maybe by November an overview of all planets in the Solar System (perhaps even including Giess).

If I can find some more scientifically oriented staff, we might also be able to redo the geography of Micras.
Babs

Post by Babs »

Out of curiosity, out of the GSO nations which have departed, how many have now expressed an interest in returning.

I shall post a proper picture of Beaugium now.
High Prince Babs, Beaugium
KCMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
SOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
POOG, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
HCrC, - Kingdom of Craiteland
H-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
E-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Whitesnake Award, - Kingdom of Durntkinstan
DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Pete wrote:I have a face
Pete wrote:because you've just had a lard expansion
Guido Zambelis wrote:No, I'm gay.
Andreas the Wise wrote: So we have a 30% share in giant swordfish ... could work ...
St. Fenix
Secretary

Post by St. Fenix »

Since I will be on a semi-loa from the 21st to the 31st, 9.0.0 will have to wait. 9.0.0 will be published in the first week of September and will be up-to-date. All GSO map members will be removed and all new nations and expansions will be added.
Excellent, I look forward to the update Vehendi, In the meanwhile I'm not quite sure on our current position of letting members claim or not, Are we still allowing claiming in this time?
Series 9 will lat for approx 2/3 month, because I plan on modernising the map (keeping the shapes of everything, just making it look less gif-like.)
Something I'm going to look forward to, I wonder what ever happened to Greg Dean? he was a brilliant map-maker and I'm sure we could use whatever he published.
In the mean time, the Micronational Astronomy Society and Apollo Foundation will be revitalised. We hope to present you with a star map by October and maybe by November an overview of all planets in the Solar System (perhaps even including Giess).
as you know I have petitioned to join the MAS and I'm not quite sure who is supposed to respond, especially as I thought it was a Shirerethian project, however if none of them return I would like to continue that work myself. Including Giess is going to take some work, and much debate, but it may be possible.
If I can find some more scientifically oriented staff, we might also be able to redo the geography of Micras.
I have barebones knowledge of these sorts of works, so I may be able to help somewhat.

-St. Fenix
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

by redo the geography what do you mean, how much, what parts?
kingj

Post by kingj »

Babs wrote:Out of curiosity, out of the GSO nations which have departed, how many have now expressed an interest in returning.
New Brittania wants to when we're allowed.
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

St. Fenix wrote:Excellent, I look forward to the update Vehendi, In the meanwhile I'm not quite sure on our current position of letting members claim or not, Are we still allowing claiming in this time?
I will be able to be online for 30-45 minutes a day. Claims will be allowed and Nathan and you may handle the claims and respond to any inquiries etc.
Something I'm going to look forward to, I wonder what ever happened to Greg Dean? he was a brilliant map-maker and I'm sure we could use whatever he published.
10.0.0 will be based on the small piece of map he made.
as you know I have petitioned to join the MAS and I'm not quite sure who is supposed to respond, especially as I thought it was a Shirerethian project, however if none of them return I would like to continue that work myself. Including Giess is going to take some work, and much debate, but it may be possible.
MAS will be a project run by the MCS adnd GSO together. I have already talked about it with Graius, the President of the GSO.
I have barebones knowledge of these sorts of works, so I may be able to help somewhat.
I'd like to have a good look at the whole geography of Micras and perhaps even add stuff. Currently, Micras is a very unnatural planet.
Out of curiosity, out of the GSO nations which have departed, how many have now expressed an interest in returning.
New Brittania only.
St. Fenix
Secretary

Post by St. Fenix »

I will be able to be online for 30-45 minutes a day. Claims will be allowed and Nathan and you may handle the claims and respond to any inquiries etc.
excellent, I have been curious to this fact for quite some time now. And will tell all member nations who ask me about this.
10.0.0 will be based on the small piece of map he made.
This is also good news to hear, Greg Dean was an excellent maker and I do believe that we could do alot with the little he gave us. However my prime concern is the ability for Members to edit it when they wish to claim and the like, not everyone has Greg Deanish skill and we need to find a method of ensuring that all members can make and modify claims easily and quite possibly using MSpaint only.
MAS will be a project run by the MCS adnd GSO together. I have already talked about it with Graius, the President of the GSO.

This is interesting to hear of, since I wish to get involved may I see these proceedings? (if they are'nt in PM or Email form of course.)
I'd like to have a good look at the whole geography of Micras and perhaps even add stuff. Currently, Micras is a very unnatural planet.
I completely Agree with this, At the moment without techtonic activity, and many other naturaly occuring phenomenon, I do agree that Micras is not at all natural. I'm glad to see that we will be able to go over it once again, Micras is in need of the work.

-St. Fenix
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

i believe someone said something about having two maps, one high detail, the other like the current one, so members edit the paint one...
St. Fenix
Secretary

Post by St. Fenix »

truly? It seems to make sense,

However it does seem to be alot of work having to interpret the low quality map and then place it on the High quality.

-St. Fenix
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

That's how I plan on doing it, SPangle.

And it isn't that difficult.
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

Noooooooooo! Don't make Micras more geologically 'natural'!! I don't care how unnatural it looks, it's beautiful! I've grown to love the way it looks... you can't change it!

Unless, of course, i'm the only dissenting voice, in which case go ahead.
Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
http://www.riponia.org
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Post by Zatriarch Maximillideus »

But... Riponia is on the GSO, is it not?
The MCS's new special maps cartographer and religious leader
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

I will not change the look of the continents.
Iehova

Post by Iehova »

Max: No, the GSO put us on by accident. We were never meant to be on the GSO.

Vehendi: That's OK then, go for it. :P
Christian Mackintosh
Foreign Minister, DRR
http://www.riponia.org
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

So you won't change the continents? Good.
But will the MCS map ever be snazzed up- made more aesthetically pleasing?
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Pete
Administrator-General

Post by Pete »

I could tell you Max, but then I'd have to kill you :P
Pete James
Administrator-General

IM avalible upon request
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

No. Never - we will always mantain and worship the GIFwar format.

Wait and see.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Yay!
Has anyone ever tried doing a religious map of Micras- I mean, without the national borders, and divided between b0o0\/\/ism (Shireroth), Matbaic Orthodox Christianity (Matbaa), Church of Monovia, Alexandrian Catholocism, Chuch of All Micronations, United Church of Stormark, Omism, and undefined (Antica, CIS, Istvanistan etc)
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

not yet. Would you like to be of any help?
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

how would such a map work?
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Well, it would simply be like a political map but with different colours for concentrations of religious communities. Places of importance to the religion would be marked, and different religious communities would have their own colours.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

omism will always beat the matbaic orthadox church... :twisted:
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Silence, heathen!
By the way, the Tavalouriad (the life story of Matbaa's patron saint) is now underway, written by myself and Aster! Barekhmor! :lol:
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

we're working on our holy book :D we have a section for each omist :D
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

Max, please contactme on MSN asap. This is a good idea.