a proposal:

For the discussion and on-going creation of the universe around Micras.

Moderator: Technical Advisors

St. Fenix
Secretary

a proposal:

Post by St. Fenix »

Hello all,

I have been thinking about this for the better half of a year and now I've decided to go through with it. I would like to offer my services to the MAS, I have had an avid interest in Astronomy ever since my Childhood and can still be found reading books on Astronomy from time to time.

I would like to help build the Universe around Micras, and enable the rest of the Micration Universe to be used, The Micronational Cartography Society has advanced to a point in its history where it is indespensible, I would like to see a similar development in the MAS.

I can safely say that I know a good chunk of astronomy and its Terms, what I can't say that I know however is the equations used to acheive these terms. However I am willing to learn and to help this project along.

you can reach me on my micronation or through Micronations.Net. If these two methods fail you can look me up on Microwiki, I have an article full of methods to contact me.

thanks for the time.

-St. Fenix
Sepatarist

Post by Sepatarist »

Funny you mentioned that because I set up a system quite a while ago, it's based so it allows or the accurate axpansion of an empire for each extra citizen gained.

Originally I wanted the CIS, as well as the Interstellar Condominium (quite obviously) as stellar powers with Star Systems instead of cities.

I also developed something called the Alpha-System it's much more better, fair and logical than these rediculous recwars.

The Alpha system doesn't just dictate the rules of war it is a system that ccovers a lot of things.

1. Let's say a Micronation wishes to join, and they have two active citizens

The alpha system assigns a Fleet, a Garrisson or an Outpost for every citizen a micronation has.

So for this Micronation, they have two units, they claim a star with a garrison and have one fleet with their other citizen to do some exploring/battles.

This stops people from overasking for territory for every star system they have must be defended by either an active garrisson, starbase or in-system fleet.

2. Let's say this micronation gets more citizens and wants to expand.

Right, this micronation has become pretty successful up till now and it not only has a garrisson, a starbase and a sizeable fleet but it also has plans for galactic domination.

They can do numerous things to expand, they can simply claim an adjacent empty star system OR, if everything is taken they can decide to invade.

This is where the war is much better and more decisive, the system works through daily updates, the Micronation sends it'ss update to the Starmap Administrator giving them all the information regarding their troop movements.

If a battle is to be won, the micronation must have greater units (garrissons, fleets and starbases) within a specific sector. All the units on the losing side are taken out for one day. If the units are equal then it becomes a stalemate with all units in the sector visible to either side.

3. Let's say a micronation is destabilising, there may be rebel factions within it, each citizen is allocated a unit by their micronational administration and they have the power to rebel if they want to. They can send information to the Starmap administrator telling them that they wish their particular unit to defect to someone's side.

The whole system is much more complex than this, and relies each micronationalist to have a username, number and state their affiliation (if any) all micronations/micronationalists have until a certain time each day to send in (by PM) their fleet movements and then these get displayed publicly AFTER each turn, each unit can move a sector each turn.

Anyway, this map is just a prototype I created, the nations are ones I imagined up, there is a larger map with even more stars (going from -10 to +10 in the x and y axes) with a total number of 400 sectors.
St. Fenix
Secretary

Post by St. Fenix »

an interesting bunch of information I have to say seperatist, However you do have to remember that currently the MCS is'nt allowing stellar expansion, we are merely creating the Atos system around us and even beyond that into its oort Cloud and to a limited extent farther beyond that.

its nice to see that you have put some effort into the development of this galactic system, however we are dealing with an area far smaller (hundreds of thousands of light-years is far too big for Micronationalism at the moment ;) ) And we are going to develop it to a very scientific and uderstandable point. I want to know these planets almost as well as we know our's and allow other nations to send probes, and possibly make contact with Giess. Interstellar expansion is still an option that we are leaving, possibly for sometime in the future.

Although guessing by what you have applies here, you do have some knowledge in Astronomy, or a very good strategic game that takes place in the stars, Whatever the case may be.

Let us take this to the other thread as well:

-St. Fenix
Sepatarist

Post by Sepatarist »

Well, my model certainly isn't scientific, it's simple but effective which will allow it to work. It's a simple point based system, for such things as stats I intend to allow the micronation to say whatever it likes about the stars in its sectors.

Anyway, I will probably make a final design and put the alpha system down on paper and some testing will take place. The main thing is that it's a point-based system and can be transferred to planets, its especially good for wars and fair territorial expansion.