Offworld Claims?

View and discuss existing rules, new rules, policies, and regulations of the MCS.

Should there be a second planet?

Yes, for new, inactive, and citizenless nations
24%
Yes, for acive, powerful nations to colonize (New World)
52%
No
24%

Total votes: 25

Ryan
Administrator-General

Offworld Claims?

Post by Ryan »

Should the MCS allow for a secondary planet to be colonised by new members should the main map become filled once again and/or as an extension to the simulation for established members of the community (i.e. as in if a nation is a member for longer than 1 year, it gains access to the secondary planet for colonies, as a possible idea).

Please reply & discuss.
Ryan
Administrator General
The Micronational Cartography Society
Bill3000
Administrator-General

Post by Bill3000 »

No.
Bill Dusch
Co-Administrator of the MCS
Praetor of Shireroth
Baron of Antya
Archon of Soloralism
darcyj

Post by darcyj »

No. If you try to do it, I will take Anthelia out of the MCS and its periphery (MNN and MX2) permanently.
Cheers

John
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

you cannot create another planet to Micras, people would claim more with less citizens catastropy would be near!
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

You could create a second planet for the inactive, almost dead and onecitizennations to play with.
Pete
Administrator-General

Post by Pete »

oh thats a good idea, have a planet for pre 3 monthers
Pete James
Administrator-General

IM avalible upon request
Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

oh please make another planet available. i would be so happy. i was originally in favor of this very same proposal back when Cibola was created to solve the problem.

i dont much like it being a Noob Planet.... Micras is the motherworld... and should remain so. The 3 month plan is good and should remain for all maps. I really do like the new map being available for older nations... only an established nation can realistically have the resources and organization needed to establish a colony.

i dont see any problems with it... if some nations can have wizards and elves, others can space travel. its the most realistic... what does an entire planet do when there's no more room? why go to another one of course.

i know im getting excited for no reason... no one else seems enthusiastic about it...

but i would just absolutly love the MCS for making a new planet. i would even volunteer to help draw/plan/manage/whatever it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

i would love the idea too but sort of afair to say so as so many dislike my ideas, some of which were thought out extremally logically although severly contraversial.
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

I'll put this in a poll.
Arius

Post by Arius »

A simple no from my side. there is still plenty of room on Micras and most nations will have to withdraw some of there territory on the map that means that there will be even more unclaimed land. If there isn't enough room just create a new continent or some new islands or something like that.
"If you want to kill me then despise me, hate me, and live a loathsome life ... run away, run away and cling to life. And then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me."

Uchiha Itachi - Naruto
Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

We've already created a continent and islands... it recieved mixed but mostly negative responses.

I dont mind having to scale back current nations... but when do we stop? When each nation is an equal 10 x 10 pixels? That would be a disgustinly boring map... every nation small and indistinguishable. We need some larger natios, some medium nations, and yes, some small nations.

Dr-Sprangle, don't be afraid to speak your mind 8)
Bill3000
Administrator-General

Post by Bill3000 »

If there isn't enough room just create a new continent or some new islands or something like that.
Been there, done that. :P Too much trouble to do again, and unrealistic in the end.

It's simple. Continue with what we have right now. Reduce territories when they are inactive. Prevent abuse of territorial expansion. Micronations die too quickly to prevent a complete land fill-out.

Another world would completely destroy all forms of realism that we have now. You simply can't have two terrestrial worlds in the same solar system.

And when it comes to magic, magic can be used in the minor circumstances such as warfare or culture and the like. But having it as a crutch to completely ignore reality is wrong. Same as abusing sci-fi. Unless you have the ENTIRE planet to have that theme as a minimum, but this is false - We generally have information-aged nations as the norm, not sci-fi.

As for how large? An optimal territorial inflation; by which I mean that land should be directly proportional to a measure of activity. Not all micronations are equal.
Bill Dusch
Praetor of Shireroth
Baron of Antya
Archon of Soloralism
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

I have learnt not to be afraid to anymore.

a new map would have advantages, it woyuld mean people can stop resorting to making their own maps that fail miserably that ruin their chances of ever joining.
Bill3000
Administrator-General

Post by Bill3000 »

dr-spangle wrote:I have learnt not to be afraid to anymore.

a new map would have advantages, it woyuld mean people can stop resorting to making their own maps that fail miserably that ruin their chances of ever joining.
The MCS has never denied a nation because there was not enough territory left on the planet. As for qualifications, those are a minimum. The MCS cannot be professional without such simple qualifications from micronations.
Bill Dusch
Praetor of Shireroth
Baron of Antya
Archon of Soloralism
CISPresident

Post by CISPresident »

NO. It takes ages to claim in Micras let alone you guys running annother map. What's the point of making another map when the application proccess for Micras is far from being successful.
CISPresident

Post by CISPresident »

Bill3000 wrote:
dr-spangle wrote:I have learnt not to be afraid to anymore.

The MCS has never denied a nation because there was not enough territory left on the planet. As for qualifications, those are a minimum. The MCS cannot be professional without such simple qualifications from micronations.
Why has the CIS' Claim been rejected then? I want reasons.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

it wasn't rejected, it wasn't added because it wasn't ready!...
CISPresident

Post by CISPresident »

dr-spangle wrote:it wasn't rejected, it wasn't added because it wasn't ready!...
I claimed because it was ready. Since when have you been in charge of claims and when they are ready? :?
chrimigules

Post by chrimigules »

Bill3000 wrote:Another world would completely destroy all forms of realism that we have now. You simply can't have two terrestrial worlds in the same solar system.
Why not? They don't have to be in the same orbit, and they don't have to have the same kind of climate.