The Micras Project

For the discussion and on-going creation of the universe around Micras.

Moderator: Technical Advisors

Bill3000
Administrator-General

The Micras Project

Post by Bill3000 »

Honestly, I think the most important part of this organization is developing a scientific description of the qualities of Micras. I have made posts about this in the old Shirerothian forums, of course, but it is important to have people interested in this project.

The goal of this project is to develop the qualities of Micras, such as its distance from the star, albedo, radius, mass, average temperature and the like, so that we can have some sort of quantification about what Micras is as a temperate planet. We know that Micras is extremely Earth-like - but we can't simply copy the information of Earth verbatum.

Regardless if you have the scientific aptitude or not, I need people who are interested in this project if we are going to do this. In order for anything like this to become offical, we need a consensus across the members of the MCS. So, whether you want to simply offer input, crunch the numbers, or simply agree with the goals of the project, I need to know if we are going to provide stats of Micras.

To note, I have some information on Micras located here: http://www.shireroth.org/wiki/index.php?title=Micras

The information presented is mostly from the Micras map itself as well as assumptions; the assumptions being that Micras has the same average surface temperature, as well as the same average density of Earth. The rest (mass, escape velocity, surface gravity, circumference) were derived from the fact that the radius of the planet is given in the MCS map, as well as the fact that it is a "perfect sphere". Land/Sea ratio straight from the map.
Bill Dusch
Co-Administrator of the MCS
Praetor of Shireroth
Baron of Antya
Archon of Soloralism
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

Umm, I would like to help if i can.
Pete
Administrator-General

Post by Pete »

If possible in any way I would assist
Pete James
Administrator-General

IM avalible upon request
Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

You're right: we should probably look at our own solar system before moving upwards and outwards into the night sky.

I do, however, still want to make a Micran zodiac.

Didn't we discuss Atos being a different kind of star than Sol?