Official Trading Charter

General discussion and chat forum for the MCS. Discuss anything about the maps or chat with other members here.
Andreas the Wise

Official Trading Charter

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Alright guys, you wanted a charter, I have a charter. We welcome as many other nations as want to join MOTED and trade with us. We'll deal with the Economic Development bit once we've got trading working.
For this to be a success, can we ask for a forum on MCS? Like FMS, we're entirely for Micras and feel we'd get more members if we're here were everyone can see us.
(on that note, drop the MI forum here, we haven't used it for month and we have another one elsewhere)
MOTED Charter wrote: Charter for the Micran Organisation for Trade and Economic Development

I. Organisation

A. Each member nation shall provide one appointed Representative, who shall deal with all trading issues, and vote on organisational issues. Nations may have multiple Representatives if necessary, but only ever one vote.

B. MOTED is a democracy, and so important decisions will be discussed and taken to a vote, where each member nation has one vote, regardless of size or influence.

C. MOTED shall have a MOTED forum (preferrably on MCS) where MOTED matters can be discussed. All members will be given access to this.

D. New nations may join MOTED by application on the MOTED forum, and at this point will appoint their Representative.

E. The member nations will elect a CEO who will administer the organisation, help new nations determine their resources, and manage any disputes. The CEO will be re-elected every 6 months.

F. A nation may be removed from MOTED only for gravely messing with the organisation, and by a 2/3's majority vote.

II. Resources

A. All resources are measured in Percentages, where 100% indicates total access to that resources. Percentages are renewed monthly and non accumulative.

B. MOTED recognises four types of resources among its member nations:
1. Personal Resources - Resources which a nations claimed land covers entirely - 100 % access. (Note if two nations have a border directly over the middle of a resource, both may have 100%)
2. Proximity Resources - Resources which a nation is near, but not on. Between 0 and 50% access.
3. International Resources - Resources which a nation's businesses have access to via a treaty. That is, another nations resources. % as agreed by treaty.
4. Cultural Resources - Smaller Nations (defined as less than 7 resource types) may have one or two resources that aren't on the resource map if they can provide a good reason why that relates to their nations culture. Cultural Resources must be declared on joining the organisation, and a % decided on by other member nations based on the merit of the culture. Nations agree to rescind cultural resources when they are larger.

C. All member nations, upon entering, will declare their resources, and, in consulatation with the CEO, be given percentage values for them, which are to be used in trading. It is only when entering that nations may claim Cultural Resources.

D. Should a member nation have an expansion on MCS, they will again approach the CEO and work out their new percentages. At this time their cultural resources may be removed.

E. Upon entering, and reviewed after each expansion, each member nation shall be given a value X by the CEO. X represents an amount of resources their citizens consume (see below). X is determined based on Size and Resource Access.

F. Notes:
No 2. Functions on the argument that there are Fish in the Bay of Rizack, and both Novatainia and Tokidoki have access to them. But the fish aren't on our claimed land, as such. So things about that distance away we should have access to too - especially if the intervening land is unclaimed.
No 4. The obvious example is Novatainia claiming to have a few Gems, because we mined some for of our treaty with the dragons, and Iron, because we have the Barrier, and should be able to mine something out of that (though the Barrier also isn't recognised by most people). However, since, especially with our Lovely treaty, we have plenty of resources, Novatainia officially rescinds access to those gems and iron amounts (we have other access to the anyway) - though we may take it back if the Lovely treaty ever fails.
Another example is Hatay, a middle-eastern nation who have oil wells. They're nowhere near oil on the Resource Map, but they've written such detail about their oil operations, I don't think anyone could refuse them 40% access to oil.

III. Trading

A. All members of MOTED may participate in trading of their resources. Trading will be conducted on a supply/demand basis, and each trading is worked out for that month only, and must be renewed each subsequent month.

B. All nations, upon beginning, will declare a price they will sell their resources at. This price will be updated each time a sale is made at a different price.

C. All nations, upon beginning, will be issued with 100 000 trade credits. This currency alone is to be used when trading resources.

D. Each Representative may approach other Representatives, by PM or otherwise, and Order resources, giving the type, amount required, and offering a price. The other Representative will then approve or deny the order and make the relevant changes on the document.

E. Supply/Demand - if a resource is popular, a Representative may offer a higher price than currently traded for a resource, to ensure they get first access. Likewise, if a resource is unpopular, a Representative may offer a lower price, confident the other Representative will accept it to get rid of the resource.

F. All trading will be conducted on the MOTED excel document, which will be updated each time orders are approved and processed, and also updated each month. All Represenatives, upon entering, will be issued the password to update the document, and it is up to them to guard this.

G. Any Representative found messing with the official excel document or giving out the password unnecessarily will be reprimanded, and may face expulsion from MOTED.

H. At the end of the month, any resources untraded will be determined to have been consumed by that nations economy, and all production will be reset the next month.

I. Should a nation run out of Trade Credits, they may borrow some from another nation. If, however, they run a full month with negative Trade Credits, they face a ban from importing (and the economic problems this entails) until their balance returns positive, as they are clearly such poor economic managers. This is an incentive to not trade unsustainably.

IV. Consumption

A. Citizen happiness and consumption is determined by Levels and Goals. A number of economic goals must be fulfilled to achieve the next level of economic development. Member nations are asked to aim only for one higher Level of economic development each month.

B. The levels and goals are as follows:
1. X Food
2. X Building Materials and X /2 Power.
3. X/2 Transport.
4. X Clothing.
You have now reached Level 1.
5. X/2 of a Different Food
6. X/2 Different Building Material.
7. X Metal
8. X/2 more clothing.
9. X/2 Different Transport
Complete 4 of 5 to reach Level 2.
10. X more Food.
11. X Luxury Food.
12. X/2 Different Clothing.
13. X more Power
14. X/2 more transport
Complete 4 of 5 to reach Level 3.
15. X Different Metal
16. X/2 Luxury Clothing
17. X more Building Material
18. X/2 Food of smaller type (so you have a minimum X of two food types)
19. X/2 Special
Complete 4 of 5 to reach Level 4.
20. X Luxury Good
21. X/2 Luxury Metal
22. X Different Food type (now you should have 3)
23. X/2 Different Luxury Food.
24. X/2 Different Power
25. Complete missed Level 2 and 3 objective. (ie the objective you missed to when getting to level 2 and level 3, while in level 1 and level 2)
Complete 5 out of 6 (25 MUST be completed) to reach Level 5.
26. X/2 Building of smaller type (so you have a minimum X of two building types)
27. X/2 Power of smaller type (so you have a minimum X of two power types)
28. X/2 Clothing of smaller type (so you have a minimum X of two clothing types)
29. X more Metal
30. Minimum 4.5X Food, at least X of 3 different types.
31. Complete missed Level 4 objective.
Complete 5 out of 6 (30 and 31 MUST be completed) to reach Level 6.
32. X/2 Different Luxury Clothing
33. X more Transport
34. X/2 Different Luxury Metal
35. X/2 more Power
36. X/2 Different Luxury Good
37. X more Luxury Food
38. Minimum 3X Clothing, at least X of 2 different types
39. Minimum 3.5X Building, at least X of 2 different types
40. Complete missed Level 5 objective
Complete 7 out of 9 (38, 39 and 40 MUST be completed) to reach Level 7
41. X more Luxury Metal
42. X more Clothing
43. X more Special
44. X more Food
45. X Different Metal
46. X/2 Luxury Good of smaller type (so you have a minimum X of two Luxury Good types)
47. Minimum 3.5X Power, at least X of 2 different types.
48. Minimum 3.5X Transport, at least X of 2 different types.
49. Minimum 3X Luxury Food, at least X of 2 different types
Complete 7 out of 9 (47, 48 and 49 MUST be completed) to reach Level 8
50. X Different Food
51. X Different Transport
52. X Different Power
53. X more Luxury Clothing
54. X Different Building Material
55. X Different Luxury Food
56. Minimum 3X Special, at least X of 2 different types
57. Minimum 4.5X Metal of 3 different types, least X of 3 different types
58. Minimum 7X Luxury Products (any luxury types other than food)
59. Complete one of missed Level 7 or 8 objectives
Complete 8 out of 10 (56, 57, 58 and 59 MUST be completed) to reach Level 9
60. 1.5X Metal
61. Minimum 7.5X Food, at least X of 4 different types
62. Minimum 6X Clothing, at least 2X of 3 different types
63. Minimum 5X Building, at least 1.5X of 3 different types
64. Minimum 5X Power, at least 1.5X of 3 different types
65. Minimum 5X Transport, at least 1.5X of 3 different types
66. Minimum 5X Luxury Food, at least 1.5X of 3 different types
67. Minimum 3X Luxury Clothing, at least 1.5X of 2 different types
68. Minimum X/2 of every available resource.
You have now reached Level 10.
69. Minimum X of EVERY resource
70. All other objectives completed
Congratulations, you have now reached the top level of Trading. Micras looks to you as an economic empire, and citizens flock to your micronation, knowing it to be a land of plenty. (at this point you should have all minimum values in level 9, 5.5X Metal, 3X special, 3X Luxury Metals, 4X Luxury Goods. That is, a minimum 52X resources.)
C. The classification of resources are as follows
[Where resources fit into multiple classifications, they appear in each one separately.]
Food: General Farming, Grain, Fish, Game, Cattle
Luxury Food: Salt, Wine, Tropical Fruit, Spice
Building Materials: Timber, Stone/Marble, Iron
Metals: Lead, Copper, Tin, Iron
Luxury Metals: Silver, Gold, Chromium
Clothing: Wool, Cotton, Furs
Luxury Clothing: Silk, Dyes
Transport/Fuel: Horses, Pack Animals, Oil, Natural Gas
Power: Coal, Uranium, Natural Gas, Water Power
Luxury Goods: Gems, Semiprecious Stones, Pearl/Abalone, Ivory
Special: Heavy Industry, Chemicals, Other (Whale, Planks, Swordfish, Paper)
D. Member nations may choose not to pursue these goals if they wish, but are encouraged to.

V. Politics

A. Nations who feel upset with the managing, economic or otherwise, of other member nations, may issue a Trade Ban against that nation, and encourage other member nations to do the same.

B. Nations may trade resources without cost as a result of war or other matters.

C. Nations must declare which city resources are traded from (their city of production is determined as the city or cities nearest to them).

D. At a later date, a map of trade routes may be added, and pirates may choose to attack based on this.

VI. Changes

A. Additions may be made to this charter by a simple majority vote. Where these additions are to improve the realism of trading, nations do not have to follow these if they do not wish to. All member nations must conform to this basic charter.

B. Changes may be made to this charter by a 2/3 majority vote.

C. The charter is primarily for fun and economic simulation. Any nation trying to mess with this will be reprimanded, banned, or disliked.

Current Members: Novatainia, Passas, Craiteland, Tokidoki
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

why not make a simple programme to do it? like a php page?
Andreas the Wise

Um ... there is a simple program. Excel. Which, with formulas, does do everything we need ...

I can't code php, though I'm happy for you to do it if you can ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Craitman
Administrator-General

Re: Official Trading Charter

Post by Craitman »

Andreas the Wise wrote:(on that note, drop the MI forum here, we haven't used it for month and we have another one elsewhere)
as long as we move the info we need to our other forum first...
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Um ... there is a simple program. Excel. Which, with formulas, does do everything we need ...

I can't code php, though I'm happy for you to do it if you can ...

send me the excell file then :P
Andreas the Wise

email? (the forum doesn't have one for you)
Just pm me ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

dr-spangle[at]hotmail[/dot\]co[[-[=[[[[[[[[[/[/[[/[/[[[[[\[\[[\[\dot]]]]]]d]d]]]]]]/]/]/]//]/]uk
Andreas the Wise

Thanks ... I'll send it to you in a moment (silly microsoft lost the latest copy and I have to make a few changes ...)

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

We want to play!
HSM Nathan, SBH, GCY, KGCO, KCE, KG, KS, GOLH, NM, SOB
Sovereign Natopian Emperor,
Duke of Ziegeland,
Lord Protector of Flaventia,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:We want to play!
you're lucky we want NAM involved then :P
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
Nathan of Natopia

Your mom's lucky.
Duke of Ziegeland,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:Your mom's lucky.
of course she is, with me as her son...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Nathan of Natopia

And having me to have sex with.
Duke of Ziegeland,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:And having me to have sex with.
now that's just uncalled for
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Andreas the Wise

Craitman wrote:
Nathan of Natopia wrote:We want to play!
you're lucky we want NAM involved then :P
Craitman, we're happy for everyone ... we just specifically invited NAM ...

And Nathan, that was uncalled for ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Nathan of Natopia

I would have expected more from the "Lord of Humor" and the "Minor Humor Deity."

I am saddened.
Duke of Ziegeland,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:I would have expected more from the "Lord of Humor" and the "Minor Humor Deity."
now that's definately not funny, using American... :lol:
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Nathan of Natopia

Being American I tend to spell as such.

But you're riught, it wouuld be much fuunnier if I haud stuck soume extra U's in for gooud meausure.
Duke of Ziegeland,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Andreas the Wise

Hey, we only have clean humour in LJO. You don't get many affairs when your king is a piece of broccoli.

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:But you're riught, it wouuld be much fuunnier if I haud stuck soume extra U's in for gooud meausure.
:lol:
it's not our fault we speak English... :P
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Nathan of Natopia

Andreas the Wise wrote:Hey, we only have clean humour in LJO. You don't get many affairs when your king is a piece of broccoli.
Then you're just not trying hard enough.
Craitman wrote:Nathan of Natopia wrote:
But you're riught, it wouuld be much fuunnier if I haud stuck soume extra U's in for gooud meausure.

Laughing
it's not our fault we speak English... Razz

We speak English too. But it's not our fault The Queen's English looks funny :P
Duke of Ziegeland,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:
Craitman wrote:Nathan of Natopia wrote:

Laughing
it's not our fault we speak English... Razz

We speak English too. But it's not our fault The Queen's English looks funny :P
your English is funny :lol: it's American English, which is an oxymoron :lol:
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Nathan of Natopia

How so? We've got a New (and improved) England (that was an oxymoron). We were once a part of your empire.

There's no point in arguing... I'll just take your Order of the Yoshi

*takes Order of the Yoshi*
Duke of Ziegeland,
Duke of Dekinai City,
Earl of Lindstrom,
Marquis of Lukanburg
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Nathan of Natopia wrote:How so? We've got a New (and improved) England (that was an oxymoron). We were once a part of your empire.

There's no point in arguing... I'll just take your Order of the Yoshi

*takes Order of the Yoshi*
New England's not an oxymoron... oh well...
yep, you were part of our empire, but you gained independence, quite ironically on Independence Day (the most ironic thing since Jesus was born on Christmas Day)

not my CY!!! over this? pah
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Nathan of Natopia

"new and improved" is an oxymoron.

Independence Day....

Christmas....

Jesus!??!?

Ironic?

Ok, i guess I'll just leave...

*leaves CY at the door*
Duke of Ziegeland,