Chaos in the GSO

General discussion and chat forum for the MCS. Discuss anything about the maps or chat with other members here.
siriain

Post by siriain »

Most of those more "controversial" posts obviously date from when the GSO was still being set up. Of course the whole reason that the GSO was started last year was because of a lot extreme anti-MCS feeling at the time, some of which can be seen here in relevant threads, and some which was obviously kept private. Ironically, it wasn't long after the launch before there was some semi-official co-operation between the MCS and the GSO, which has long since evolved into mutual tolerance and lots of people and nations being involved with both.
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

kingj wrote:All those posts in the archive were quite old, i don't think theres much need to go over the top over something which was said months ago.
I don't think certain quotes will be forgotten regardless of whether it was indeed months ago.
Personally, I think we are fine now for the launch... we need some nations to desert the MCS after the launch just to put the final nail in its coffin.
That one in particular.
kingj

Post by kingj »

Well that quote was proved wrong so i think we can live with it
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

kingj wrote:Well that quote was proved wrong so i think we can live with it
I think it was the intention more than anything.
Babs

Post by Babs »

To be honest now. Regardless of whether it was in a closed area or not, things like that are out of order, and should really have been noted as such at the time. Even if there was anti-MCS feeling at that time, there was also a hell of a lot of anti-GSO feeling when it started (and most likely still is (in my case)) but we still wouldn't say anything like that because the people in charge of the GSO are considered to be experienced and respected micronationalists and good people in general.

Not anymore.
High Prince Babs, Beaugium
KCMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MMNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
MNOP, - Kingdom of Lovely
SOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
POOG, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
HCrC, - Kingdom of Craiteland
H-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
E-DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Whitesnake Award, - Kingdom of Durntkinstan
DOB, - Grand Principality of Beaugium
Pete wrote:I have a face
Pete wrote:because you've just had a lard expansion
Guido Zambelis wrote:No, I'm gay.
Andreas the Wise wrote: So we have a 30% share in giant swordfish ... could work ...
kingj

Post by kingj »

Babs wrote:but we still wouldn't say anything like that
We don't know what they say inside those admin boards, they could and perhaps already have been saying plenty worse than that.
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

kingj wrote:
Babs wrote:but we still wouldn't say anything like that
We don't know what they say inside those admin boards, they could and perhaps already have been saying plenty worse than that.
But the thing is we have no reason to suggest that, just because one Org does it, it doesn't mean the other automatically does too.
siriain

Post by siriain »

The problem was that it was amongst the experienced and respected micronationalists and good people in general that the rift with the MCS grew. Probably the genesis of it can be seen in this rather heated debate that was ostensibly about the issues of copyright and the terms of service, but that evolved into much private discontent about the later and infamous "Atkins plan". Though most MCS members voted for it at the time, apparently a large number were discontented by it enough to be privately in favour of establishing a rival organisation, even though the plan had been rapidly revised, but by then the damage had probably been done.

No doubt, if everyone could only post messages in public, their opinions about the MCS would have been expressed more diplomatically, otherwise they would have been out of order. But that misses the whole point of being able to communicate in private, where people can normally expect a certain degree of privacy and thus can feel free to be rather more frank about things.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

loads of people didn't like atkins... and hence it is not here?
siriain

Post by siriain »

Most MCS nations voted for Atkins at the time, and then half still decided to leave over it anyway later. Of course, the question as to why those that disliked it still voted for it has never been answered.

Atkins isn't here because it and most of the other MCS rules, were thoroughly reviewed when the MCS changed hands.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

groupthink... it has been proven if a large number of people vote something others will join, this is why opinion polls effect the result
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

and again i go back to the german approach... can they work together happily like germany?
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

dr-spangle wrote:can they work together happily like germany?
not when we're the only one's still going :lol:
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
HIH Prince Enrique

re:

Post by HIH Prince Enrique »

1. Great Spelling of Chaos.

2. The messages there have been archived for a reason. They are over a year old. Most people wont understand, but the reason why most nations left was because they werent happy with how things were going with the MCS.

I for one have no problem, as you can see that the Empire of the Alexandrians is still in the MCS. We returned to the MCS because we saw that things were changing and we decided to come back and see if things would be favorable for us.
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Great Triple Posting (sorry, couldn't resist, at least Kataria won't annex you now) ...

Guys, I think Babs is right - we should move on and not keep dredging it up. Though apart from Max hating Babhka, I doubt there's much in the Admin forums that would be like this ...
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

a lot of the few mensions are me... trying to find a way to germanyise us both.
Andreas the Wise

Hmm ... I could understand every word in that post (except for two I expect are mistyped) but I still didn't understand the full sentence ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

a largish number of the mensions of GSO in MCS admin areas is me trying to make both maps happy with each other like in germany.
Andreas the Wise

Ah, now I get it ...
The ever wonderful Spangle, working for unity and world peace ... :D

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
siriain

Post by siriain »

We should all follow his example. :)
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

Sirian that IS going in my profile.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

dr-spangle wrote:Sirian that IS going in my profile.
profile? you mean to say you have profiles on the MCS??? well I never... :lol:
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

man of crates you blatently know we have MCS profiles! i'm getting pissed off with your posting purely to raise your post count.
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

Ok theres a bit of tension,
*walks backwards through the door*
Craitman wrote:Greenukish standard English.
thinkgeek.com wrote:I See Dead Pixels
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1514/flaggze4.png
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

dr-spangle wrote:man of crates you blatently know we have MCS profiles! i'm getting pissed off with your posting purely to raise your post count.
it's not to raise my post count :roll:
it's to bring humour into people's lives. i'm no way going to catch you with post count, and it's a while 'til Pete's near me, so i'm just posting at my usual rate...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland