Chaos in the GSO

General discussion and chat forum for the MCS. Discuss anything about the maps or chat with other members here.
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Chaos in the GSO

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

http://mnn.mncentre.net/forum/index.php?board=12.0

Ben Gray has resigned due to what I feel were unjustified pressures. He's opened up their closed archives. This quote I find rather entertaining, and it makes me zealous so all is well.
Personally, I think we are fine now for the launch... we need some nations to desert the MCS after the launch just to put the final nail in its coffin.
-Lachlan Powers, thread entitled "Propaganda", bottom of page 3.

This is by no means evidence that the GSO hoped to destroy the MCS and saw them as enemies, but I, being me, will hold it as such and be forever justified against them.

And now it makes sense why Antica was left out of the original agreement.
Last edited by Colonel Vilhelm on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

why can't everyone just be friends... all the backstabbing that went on... in fact still goes on.
Guido Zambelis
The Rt Hon The Viscount Eden KMNOP

Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Lovely

HM King Guy I of the Kingdom of Houland
(Formerly IS IT)
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

yeah.. a lot of anti-lovely posts have been pointed out to me... including one saying CIS should have to claim some lovely land as we are a breakaway...
Colonel Vilhelm

The MCS were victims in this, and always have been IMO. The GSO continues to do its own thing as is its right but eventually perhaps they will learn sense and return to the heart of micronationalism - Micras in all its glory. This was not the start, nor will it be the end, but it is the best part of this hobby, and attempting to forsake it will not do any good.
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

don't let the n00bs see this thread, they'll be rejoicing...
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
Colonel Vilhelm

It would be a disgrace to this community to rejoice in the GSO's misfortune. Simple as that.
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

the n00bs will love the choas... watch out.
Guido Zambelis
The Rt Hon The Viscount Eden KMNOP

Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Lovely

HM King Guy I of the Kingdom of Houland
(Formerly IS IT)
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Guido Zambelis wrote:the n00bs will love the choas... watch out.
you can imagine it now...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

like n00bs in the rain...

wait.. the map hasn't been updated for like 9 days!

iehova is in germany

yay! i mean drat... i get to i mean have to update the map...
kingj

Post by kingj »

Any further n00bishness in the matter should be dealt with most severely
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

dr-spangle wrote:like n00bs in the rain...

wait.. the map hasn't been updated for like 9 days!

iehova is in germany

yay! i mean drat... i get to i mean have to update the map...
9 days??? we're getting as bad as the GSO :wink:
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

n00bs won't understand the GSO-MCS issues ...

I barely even get them - it was all before my time, and I've been here 7 months ...
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

It's not a good day for any micronationalist, that point not including those who have some form of vendetta against the GSO, anway.

Opening the archives wasn't the most inteligent move Ben's made, in my opinion anyway. There's plenty of contraversal material in there, including some posts that will no doubt stir up some trouble. Certain messages seem to confirm the illustration of the already apparent GC-ified GSO. Some of which are in my opinion extremely arrogant, and disrespectful.

I'll choose a hand full;

Edgard Portela: (On Houland's claim)
"I'm personally sick to death of the constant sprouting and fading away of the "Lovely-sector" nations. I have no respect for them, thus I vote NO."
Lachlan of Aerlig: (On returning to the MCS)
"Nor will the GC or Lemuria... or Gotz I imagine. It is only really the 'lesser' countries (not to offend them). "
Lachlan of Aerlig: (On having "the cream of the crop")
"Indeed. If nations do not wish to join, we do not care. We already have the cream of the crop IMHO."

Lachlan of Aerlig: (On Natopia's reaction)
"Natopia is worse, but oh well- with the MCS closed they will have little choice!"

Mercurivs: (On a thread titled "Propaganda: Strategies"
"When the GSO eventually goes public, I have in mind a suitable campaign of pro-GSO propaganda.

It could include several suitable news stories, some of which could be published directly by the GSO, if, for example, it has a Wordpress-based website. Some suggestions for headlines/tone/sources are:

"Mapocalypse Now!" (tabloidy) (Apollo Inquisitor)

"Mapping Reinvented" (introductory) (GSO)

"Maps to Go!" (about more nations joining) (GSO)

And finally, the story that I know Ardashir would love to write:

"MCS Faces Fatal Collapse" (Radio Rastakhiz)."

Graius: (On a topic titled "Ryan")
Nice to see he's spuprting his paranoia all over the forum.

Lachlan of Aerlig: (On Graius' suggestion to point out how Shireroth 'control' Micras)
No need to point out the Shireroth/MCS... when they release their next map edition one of the tabliod papers we have links to can do that. We need to get our hands on the pixel counting program to work out how much of the occupied land Shireroth will hold... I bet it will be more than 50% (be like the MCS and manipulate statistics... talk in occupied land not Total land).
Anyway that's just a small taster. In all, very interesting stuff.
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

All seems a lot more serious than I thought ... ah well, since we're on different worlds, its not like there's going to be a war over it ....
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

erm shireroth holds no where near 50% of the land you can add up all the other countries and it comes to like 2 or 3 shireroths...
johndarcy

Post by johndarcy »

I would like to thank those self-righteous bastards in the thread above who think it constructive to drag all this out and wave it in the breeze. I sincerely hope that nobody reveals your in-confidence archives one day.

--

John
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

Who's John darcy.
Craitman wrote:Greenukish standard English.
thinkgeek.com wrote:I See Dead Pixels
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1514/flaggze4.png
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

Someone from MNN.

I do think it's rather rich to have a dig at us posting quotes; we aren't the ones who have said it, nor opened it up. And in the words of Graius - (regarding Ryan)
Nice to see he's spuprting his paranoia all over the forum.
It appears history does indeed repeat itself. Now come on Mr Darcy, bring on the next insult, that will no be doubt be against myself, and indeed extremely long.
johndarcy

Post by johndarcy »

kingjames wrote:It appears history does indeed repeat itself. Now come on Mr Darcy, bring on the next insult, that will no be doubt be against myself, and indeed extremely long.
How could I ever possibly add substance, by way of insult, to the ignominy self-evident in a person who has a sig like that.

--

John
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

johndarcy wrote:
kingjames wrote:It appears history does indeed repeat itself. Now come on Mr Darcy, bring on the next insult, that will no be doubt be against myself, and indeed extremely long.
How could I ever possibly add substance, by way of insult, to the ignominy self-evident in a person who has a sig like that.

--

John
Do explain what you dictate's wrong with my 'sig', I presume you're refering to my signature, but still I do not follow.
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

In fact John, just to add to your "self-righteous bastard" rant, looking at the situation we are in fact doing less than that of the GSO in terms of being hateful, and bitter. All these insults, arrogant opinions, and plans regarding the MCS got posted by GSO directors, yet we are so obviously in the wrong for re-posting them on here. Your GSO forum is full of anti-MCS posts, but of course, apparently nothing wrong with that.
Scott Alexander
Special Cartographer

Post by Scott Alexander »

Where are the archives? I can't find them, and I'd hate to miss out on all the fun.
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

Scott Alexander wrote:Where are the archives? I can't find them, and I'd hate to miss out on all the fun.
They've shut them now. (Check you PMs :wink: )
Scott Alexander
Special Cartographer

Post by Scott Alexander »

Aw. That's discrimination against those of us in odd time zones!

Maybe Iain will let me in if I promise I already distrust them enough that a few more posts won't make much of a difference.
kingj

Post by kingj »

All those posts in the archive were quite old, i don't think theres much need to go over the top over something which was said months ago.
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.