Micronational trade

General discussion and chat forum for the MCS. Discuss anything about the maps or chat with other members here.
kingj

Micronational trade

Post by kingj »

I've been doing some work on New Brittania's economy over the last few days and i've had an idea: an MCS trade map. This map would be updated when members decide to open trade routes which each other to trade produce or resource or whatever. Oviously because no one has a made a new MX2 trade isn't that easy at the moment but i suggest we set the ball rolling.

Nations would specify which of their cities are trade ports and they would be placed on the map, lines would then be drawn between a port and the port of the trading partner and so forth.

Any comments?
By my hand,
His Majesty, Jeremy, Second of the Name, King of New Brittania, Guardian of the Principalities of Greater Ithilien and Greater Dol Amroth, of the Duchies of Forostar, Hyarnustar, Mercia and Andustar, and of the Counties of Lóthshire, Isenshire, Emershire, Rómmenashire, Ondoshire, Oromshire, Kanbishire, Risvertshire, Fullhershire, Hammeranshire, Auishire and Korrianshire, Holder of the Horn of North Witham, Defender of Western Benacia, Keeper of Willow and Winner of The People's FNORD Awards named The Peter Little Award for Excellence in Micronational Literature 2007 and Best New Micronationalist 2007.
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

I like the idea. It's something that is certainy needed. Maybe we could suggest specifying rates of resources however. Such as with fish as a resource- allowing them to 'trade' so many kg/lbs of fish per week/month, as a direct link to how 'rich' the area is in the particular resource.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

i like the idea

but my entire hard drive was wiped and will soon be taken away...b and iehova is cartographer, if he could make a blank green map...
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

Craitman wrote:Greenukish standard English.
thinkgeek.com wrote:I See Dead Pixels
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1514/flaggze4.png
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

Cairney, you don't happen to be from Greenock in Scotland do you? Just wondered with "Greenuk" and having a city named Scottsland, etc..
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

no but im originaly from Scotland so im, well scotish at heart.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

kingcairney wrote:no but im originaly from Scotland so im, well scotish at heart.
another Scotsman to join our ranks, Pete :P
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

no now pete and you will form a scotland alliance and attack britain... but britain would completely own them..
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

Pete what part are you from?
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

I'm about 1/4 Scottish. A load of my ancestors came from Scotland; Greenock to be precised which is why I asked.
Andreas the Wise

Re: Micronational trade

Post by Andreas the Wise »

kingj wrote:I've been doing some work on New Brittania's economy over the last few days and i've had an idea: an MCS trade map. This map would be updated when members decide to open trade routes which each other to trade produce or resource or whatever. Oviously because no one has a made a new MX2 trade isn't that easy at the moment but i suggest we set the ball rolling.

Nations would specify which of their cities are trade ports and they would be placed on the map, lines would then be drawn between a port and the port of the trading partner and so forth.

Any comments?
A map is useful, but as to the rest of the trading - DONE. Why do you think I opened the discussion on trade a couple weeks ago? The MI nations have worked out trade in both a way that is simple, maintains the economics of supply and demand, will help stimulate existing economies (you can have share markets with dividends tied to how well resource prices do) and actually has a point for trade and resources. If you'd waited another week it'd be completely done and we were going to see about setting up a Micran Organisation for Trade and Economic Development on the MCS forums (because things like MX 2 don't work so well because not everybody knows about them. If it's on the MCS forums, then new MCS nations will notice it and be able to use it). You don't need an MX 2 bank, you just do it all on excel ...
Though the proposal is still in post form and not finalised, you can find all the info you need in this thread: http://www.novatainia.org/forum/viewtop ... 41&start=0
First page explains how to calculate the value of resources and go about actual trading. The second page has the proposal for what on earth to do with resources. The rest is just updating the excel sheet that can calculate it all. It shouldn't be too hard to add a couple more nations in, I'll just have to start using separate sheets ...
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

kingjames wrote:I'm about 1/4 Scottish. A load of my ancestors came from Scotland; Greenock to be precised which is why I asked.
same here, but from Motherwell...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

Andreas the Wise wrote:
kingj wrote:I've been doing some work on New Brittania's economy over the last few days and i've had an idea: an MCS trade map. This map would be updated when members decide to open trade routes which each other to trade produce or resource or whatever. Oviously because no one has a made a new MX2 trade isn't that easy at the moment but i suggest we set the ball rolling.

Any comments?
A map is useful, but as to the rest of the trading - DONE. Why do you think I opened the discussion on trade a couple weeks ago? The MI nations have worked out trade in both a way that is simple, maintains the economics of supply and demand, will help stimulate existing economies (you can have share markets with dividends tied to how well resource prices do) and actually has a point for trade and resources. If you'd waited another week it'd be completely done and we were going to see about setting up a Micran Organisation for Trade and Economic Development on the MCS forums (because things like MX 2 don't work so well because not everybody knows about them. If it's on the MCS forums, then new MCS nations will notice it and be able to use it). You don't need an MX 2 bank, you just do it all on excel ...
Though the proposal is still in post form and not finalised, you can find all the info you need in this thread: http://www.novatainia.org/forum/viewtop ... 41&start=0
First page explains how to calculate the value of resources and go about actual trading. The second page has the proposal for what on earth to do with resources. The rest is just updating the excel sheet that can calculate it all. It shouldn't be too hard to add a couple more nations in, I'll just have to start using separate sheets ...
I like excell but i'm in the process of turning my excell sheet into a php system...

jeremy knows...
Pete
Administrator-General

Post by Pete »

I'm from Uddingston, near Hamilton/Motherwell/ slightly further away from Glasgow (But I've still walked it)

Us Scot's/Semi Scots could talk over ze vorld!
Pete James
Administrator-General

IM avalible upon request
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

don't talk over the world please... socttish accents.. arg...
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Pete wrote:Us Scot's/Semi Scots could talk over ze vorld!
will we? great :lol:
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

Eins, good'z plan
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

Du bist eine lila tintenfishe :P
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

Wir ordnen an, warum die Scotish Bevölkerung gedreht deutsch hat
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

kingcairney wrote:Wir ordnen an, warum die Scotish Bevölkerung gedreht deutsch hat
ouais, je pense que vous êtes toutes les petits cons...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
kingcairney

Post by kingcairney »

May i sugest we speek english from now on :?: .
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

kingcairney wrote:May i sugest we speek english from now on :?: .
non...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

dr-spangle wrote:
Andreas the Wise wrote:

Any comments?
I like excell but i'm in the process of turning my excell sheet into a php system...

jeremy knows...
Ours in php would be easier, but I know excel and I know it works ...

And Jeremy, notice how off topic this is - this is why there's little international trade ... but you're still welcome to join our system, along with anyone else interested (might be able to get some of the NAM people in)
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

wghat does your system do. in bullet points.
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

i was about to say that :?
Guido Zambelis
The Rt Hon The Viscount Eden KMNOP

Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Lovely

HM King Guy I of the Kingdom of Houland
(Formerly IS IT)