THREE MONTHS!!!!!

View and discuss existing rules, new rules, policies, and regulations of the MCS.
Tsar Rudolfven Von Koleko

THREE MONTHS!!!!!

Post by Tsar Rudolfven Von Koleko »

*sob* *sob* *sob*

THREE MONTHS!!!!

*cries in the background*

Any particular reason for three months?
I am Tsar Rudolfven Von Kolekovich OS, Tsar of the Jovik Empire, HEAR ME NOW MY BROTHERS, FREEDOM!!!!!!

*charges into the enemy for a glorious death*
kingjames

Re: THREE MONTHS!!!!!

Post by kingjames »

Tsar Rudolfven Von Koleko wrote:*sob* *sob* *sob*

THREE MONTHS!!!!

-Alot of nations 'form' and then die pretty quickly, it's to ensure as much as possible that nations on the map are here to stay.

-Give nations a little time to settle into micronationalism and rid any n00bishness *Points above*
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

THREE MONTHS!!!!

because by then you've established yourselves and shown you're actually interested in the hobby.

if we accepte your land after a week, the next week you could be dead and all your citizens not being interested...
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
Queen of Hatay

Post by Queen of Hatay »

There was actually a time when nations were being granted land rather easily. This led to two major problems; the map eventually got VERY full - since everyone was just being green-lit for initial claims and expansions; and secondly there was a plague of starter nations cropping up, getting land, and then faltering. These nations were coming and going so quickly, and usually "gave" their land away to another, more established nation - sort of a "rich get richer" thing. It became understood that somewhere around three months would be the cut between success and failure of a new nation; if you can make it past that initial three months (and be active) - then odds are you've got something.

So the 3-month rule helps to ensure that those who claim land are serious and that their nation is likely to last a little while (at least). Don't worry too much - three months will swim by rather quickly.
Colonel Vilhelm
Apollo foundation administration

Post by Colonel Vilhelm »

I dunno James, this guy isn't n00bish at all. He's slightly newbish perhaps, but he's learning quickly! :D Plus his hobbies seem to include glorious charges resulting in death, which I always support.

If the nation had the activity required I'd definately propose a exception to the rule. Shame only this guy seems to be the only non-total newb on there. :P
Colonel Vilhelm von Benkern - Preserving the Memories
(Regardless of whose those may be)
The old guard is going away. A new dawn is rising. May the next generation build and learn from us. This world is yours.
-Greg "Gman" Russel, 20th July 2006
Bill wrote:Only in micronationalism can I see two women argue about the solution to an equation I posted that has no real purpose...

That is very kind of you saying I am not entirely newbish... I think I just have naturally greatness, typical in me, always best at everything...
I am Tsar Rudolfven Von Kolekovich OS, Tsar of the Jovik Empire, HEAR ME NOW MY BROTHERS, FREEDOM!!!!!!

King James if you pointed only a little bit above you'd been in the glorious death charge... and it would not be wise to get in the way of a geek with a cavalry sabre...

dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

i'm deciding between making ninja stars or a jet engine for my resistant materials coursework, i asked the previous MCS administrator to buy me uranium and i know how to make a nuclear reactor in my back garden.... hat beats cavalry sabre :P
Queen of Hatay

Post by Queen of Hatay »

King James if you pointed only a little bit above you'd been in the glorious death charge... and it would not be wise to get in the way of a geek with a cavalry sabre...
i'm deciding between making ninja stars or a jet engine for my resistant materials coursework, i asked the previous MCS administrator to buy me uranium and i know how to make a nuclear reactor in my back garden.... hat beats cavalry sabre :P
Y'all can do what you want. I'd just play Holy Day :wink:

Last edited by Queen of Hatay on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

that websuite has anti-hotlinking
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

Tsar Rudolfven Von Koleko wrote:King James if you pointed only a little bit above you'd been in the glorious death charge..
What the hell?

You would get caught in the charge ie we both would be having dinner in hel that evening?

Also nothing beats cavalry sabre in a death charge, except someone with a horse...

dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

ninja stars and nukes beat cavalry sabres

Why would a ninja star beat a cavalry sabre?

dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

ninja stars attack from further..

but then nukes help too...

but you dont have the missile delivery systems to detonate it so you will have to be close by, which will mean you fall into eternal bliss as well...

Swamp Candle

Post by Swamp Candle »

Tsar Rudolfven Von Koleko wrote:but you dont have the missile delivery systems to detonate it so you will have to be close by, which will mean you fall into eternal bliss as well...
not if you're underground (babs is ok then lol)
Craitman wrote:for a minute i thought this was Swamp Candle reopening an old topic...
Craitman wrote:time's fun when you're eating flies... :?
Craitman wrote:This isn't just any candle, this is a Marks & Spencer 18-year-old Sauvignon-Blanc roasted Swamp Candle.
Craitman wrote:you could always take your favourite wooden box style, change the spelling and and -land to the end...
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

underground by several miles...

long peices of wire work as detonation

or i could make a temperature timer using a mercury thermometer...
Swamp Candle

Post by Swamp Candle »

dr-spangle wrote:underground by several miles...

long peices of wire work as detonation

or i could make a temperature timer using a mercury thermometer...
now thats a good idea
Craitman wrote:for a minute i thought this was Swamp Candle reopening an old topic...
Craitman wrote:time's fun when you're eating flies... :?
Craitman wrote:This isn't just any candle, this is a Marks & Spencer 18-year-old Sauvignon-Blanc roasted Swamp Candle.
Craitman wrote:you could always take your favourite wooden box style, change the spelling and and -land to the end...
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

what the temperature detonator?

you just take a thermometer, drill a small hole in the bottom ball bit and a small hole at the temperature you want it to detonate at then put a wire in both holes...
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

dr-spangle wrote:what the temperature detonator?

you just take a thermometer, drill a small hole in the bottom ball bit and a small hole at the temperature you want it to detonate at then put a wire in both holes...
and as long as it can conduct the charge, you're fine...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

let's think... you know chemistry...

metals conduct electricity... mercury is a metal, albeit liquid at room temperature... mercury is in thermometers...yay!
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

dr-spangle wrote:let's think... you know chemistry...

metals conduct electricity... mercury is a metal, albeit liquid at room temperature... mercury is in thermometers...yay!
but then again you can make thermometers from water, or any liquid really... and only a few of those would work :?
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

yes but mercury thermometers are more comercially available than water thermometers because a water thermometer would be difficult to read and only work in a 100 degree range.
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

THREE MONTHS!!!!

If you want to avoid three-months, you really want to appear with c.700 posts to show you have activity ...
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity