Matbaic Terretorial Expansion

Claims which have been announced and added to the map
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Matbaic Terretorial Expansion

Post by Zatriarch Maximillideus »

Dear All,
Since the last map update, we've gained several new citizens, such as Yohann Et Izo Sarwa, Philoxenos Shaya Iwas, and Massoud Zakka Iwas.
This means our forum activity has increased greatly.
As such, may I ask if an expansion such as this one would be OK?
This expansion gives us access to both Shores of Cibola and gets rid of the strange no-mans' land between Matbaa and Monovia as well as the unnoccupied part of Mar Saba.
I have also added provincial names to all of the regions for the next map.
I hope this claim is acceptable.
Regards,
H.H Abbot Zatriarch Maximillideus I

P.S Who does the city of Birka belong to, and why is marked in unclaimed territory?
The MCS's new special maps cartographer and religious leader
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Ryan
Administrator-General

Post by Ryan »

I don't see a problem with the claim. It's small enough.

As for Birka. I haven't got a bloody clue! It looks like a fluke in the map....
Ryan
Administrator General
The Micronational Cartography Society
sovereignvikingemperor

Post by sovereignvikingemperor »

Before the Atkins Reduction Birka belonged to Treisenberg.
Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver,
The Sovereign Viking Emperor.

Stórmarks frammia upvérdi, det er kfád ei lévir fur.
dr-spangle
MCS Technical Advisor

Post by dr-spangle »

looking through the old maps, cities used to stay a while after their country had died...
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Oh well. I'll just Syraicify Birka and keep it as a Matbaic city.
I know I may be pushing it a bit here, but is there a possibility I could claim a smidgen more land? :lol:
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Ryan
Administrator-General

Post by Ryan »

Pushing it?

Remember that random events idea I had?

Do you want an Bamian-esque earthquake?

I thought not. :P

And I'll remove Birka entirely.
Ryan
Administrator General
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Do you think I could add a tiny bit more land and another three cities? :(
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Right- here is the final MCS claim including the new provinces, cities, and the new province added under the expansion agreement we had with Alexandria. I hope it's OK.
Emperor Edgard II

Post by Emperor Edgard II »

The expansion agreement has been withdrawn today by myself. Alexandria will be filing a new claim soon.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Umm.. Ryan? :(
Do you think I'd be able to add the two biggest islands from the old Aerlig Archipelago to the Matbaic claim?
Ryan
Administrator-General

Post by Ryan »

As far as I know the image in the original post is the approved claim. You have access to the central sea of Cibola, the "Gold Sea".
Ryan
Administrator General
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

OK, we'll leave the above as our original claim and expand some more later.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

No, actually.
Having seen the size of Oscland and Monovia's claims, I believe Matbaa should merit a bit more land. With your permission I'd like to claim the islands formerly under Aerlig's control known as Maraguo and Nelaga. I think that seems fair.
lovelygirly

Post by lovelygirly »

Yes, Monovia, Matbaa, and Oscland are extremely active and deserve a fair amount of land.
Biggest Fan of LOVELY!!!!!!!!!
Vehendi

Post by Vehendi »

Perhaps you could wait a bit, you've just had an expansion, even if ti wasn't what you wanted. In some weeks you'll be perhaps able to claim much more. Editing the maps because of whims isn't really pleasant, you know.
Monoviagov

Post by Monoviagov »

Vehendi wrote:Perhaps you could wait a bit, you've just had an expansion, even if ti wasn't what you wanted. In some weeks you'll be perhaps able to claim much more. Editing the maps because of whims isn't really pleasant, you know.
Well do you think Monovia's expansion will be approved or do you think it is too much?
His Majesty Elonzo, by the Grace of God, King of Monovia
Direzione

Post by Direzione »

I think you it will be fine.. if there is uncertainty I'll sponser for a waiver
Best Regards

King Oscar
Monoviagov

Post by Monoviagov »

Thank you.
His Majesty Elonzo, by the Grace of God, King of Monovia
Ryan
Administrator-General

Post by Ryan »

Pick one of those islands, Max. And that's it.

Waiver or no waiver.

And I'm going to issue a warning now that if this waiver business gets out of hand as a loophole to bypass the staff, I will eliminate it. It's mean't to be used as a tool of community support for exceptional circumstance, not abuse and not for everyday claims.
Ryan
Administrator General
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

I thankee, Ryan :D
Maragua shall be the one island to add to our claim, thankyou.
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

*ahem*
May I just draw to your attention, Ladies and Gentlemen of this most esteemed Cartographic Society for Internet Micronations, that the Zatriarchate now has another citizen? Yes, that's right. His name is Sfeir Afudyakno, known more commonly to you as Colonel Wilhelm Von Benkern. Anyway, would it be possible to claim a small (I'm talking small here) colony on the Western coast of Novasolum, just south of Gotzborg?
Thankyou :lol:
The Zatriarch