WMFA Qualifiers Results/Fixtures

Moderator: FMS Staff

kingjames

Post by kingjames »

PresidentDavis wrote:
We should win the bid we're putting in for (2018?), after all we do have the best league in the world, and the best stadium in the world, in all England's just awsome when it comes to football.

Australia or USA to win 2018 WC? Uhuh and Sheffield Utd to be reinstated and win the prem next year...
:? ...La Liga is better.
La Liga's boring. It's slow, most of the players are whimps, and it's played at night which sucks. You can't beat a traditional saturday afternoon 3.00 kick off game in England.

The top MLS teams would finish mid-table in the EPL.
I heard that the MLS was around equivilent to Conference standard, thus the contraversy of the DB move, in that alot of people don't think he can continue playing for England due to the drop in standard.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

kingjames wrote:

I heard that the MLS was around equivilent to Conference standard.
La Liga's ok, Serie A is better than La Liga, and the Prem's better than Serie A...

MLS team's aren't all too bad, but tbh, they're not all too good either. all of the USA's best players (bar Adu) play in Engand...
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

Craitman wrote:
kingjames wrote:

I heard that the MLS was around equivilent to Conference standard.
La Liga's ok, Serie A is better than La Liga, and the Prem's better than Serie A...

MLS team's aren't all too bad, but tbh, they're not all too good either. all of the USA's best players (bar Adu) play in Engand...
I think that most of the English people get their views of MLS from the English media, who after Beckham signed with the Galaxy have done a lot of criticizing.
Granted, he is going from one of the best clubs in the world to the second worst team in MLS. Still, MLS is better than most people think, but not as great as most of it's fans make it seem. And by the way, Adu could not make it in the EPL. I have never been impressed by him.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

PresidentDavis wrote:Adu could not make it in the EPL. I have never been impressed by him.
I've only seen one decent video of him, and I was impressed. He might have looked better than he actually is because he outpaced some oldish guy probably, and the pitch did have NFL markings on it.

My favourite MLS team is New England Revolution, but I did like San José Earthquakes before they "moved" to Houston...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

I went to the FC Dallas vs Salt Lake game a few weeks ago and all he did was whine and dive. He's not a terrible player, but he's not good enough to play in any top European leagues. he scores to occasional good goal, but doesn't do much else.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

PresidentDavis wrote:he scores to occasional good goal, but doesn't do much else.
so he's no Rooney :lol:
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

Honestly I think that DC signed him too young. They should have waited a few years. Now a player that really might be able to make it in Europe is Jozy Altidore. He's 100% better than Adu.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

PresidentDavis wrote:Honestly I think that DC signed him too young. They should have waited a few years. Now a player that really might be able to make it in Europe is Jozy Altidore. He's 100% better than Adu.
can't say I've heard of him... I'll have to look out for him in the future...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

He plays for New York. by the way, New York is ranked in the top 35 clubs in the world, not that the rankings really mean anything.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

PresidentDavis wrote:He plays for New York. by the way, New York is ranked in the top 35 clubs in the world, not that the rankings really mean anything.
...and São Paulo beat Liverpool for the World Clup Cup, so rankings don't really count for much, because half the time clubs hardly play any other team outside of their continent...

EDIT: change my opinion on the rankings, Man Utd are ranked 1st in the World, so they definately mean something...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

Craitman wrote:
Man Utd are ranked 1st in the World, so they definately mean something...
Really?? :D :D
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

kingjames wrote:
Craitman wrote:
Man Utd are ranked 1st in the World, so they definately mean something...
Really?? :D :D
As long as this is what counts as it, yes.
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/3412562
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Pete
Administrator-General

Post by Pete »

I'm a Chicago man myself

Bears
Bulls
Fire
Blackhawks
Cubs and Sox Depending on the league
Pete James
Administrator-General

IM avalible upon request
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

I remember when FC Dallas (then Dallas Burn) had a rivalry with the Chicago Fire. But the Fire haven't beaten us in so damn long it's hard to hate them :)
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

can't say I like the way all MLS teams have their name in massive writing across their chests...
it's as if they forget who they're playing for, and need to check quickly...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

I'd rather have that than a sponsor. Have you seen the Galaxy's jersey? Looks like a bumper sticker slapped across the front.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

PresidentDavis wrote:I'd rather have that than a sponsor. Have you seen the Galaxy's jersey? Looks like a bumper sticker slapped across the front.
Galaxy's isn't too bad, you should see some of the French teams :lol:
Sponsors are much better, at least the team gets money for having it on their shirts... that could be why the MLS isn't as good as it could be, no major sponsors give it any backing :?
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

Actually the problems are that the owners of certain teams don't care, and the coaching is terrible. A lot of MLS teams do have shirt sponsors, just not on the front. It's usually on the back under the number. I'm not completely against it, until it starts to look like the MFL.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

PresidentDavis wrote:Actually the problems are that the owners of certain teams don't care,
that better not be a reference to Malcolm Glazer :wink:
PresidentDavis wrote: A lot of MLS teams do have shirt sponsors, just not on the front. It's usually on the back under the number. I'm not completely against it, until it starts to look like the MFL.
I don't like the sponsors on the back, gets too much that way... and I hate the German thing where the players' names are under the shirt number, and not above it... :x
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
PresidentDavis

Post by PresidentDavis »

that better not be a reference to Malcolm Glazer Wink
No, it's a reference to New England's owner who has done absolutely nothing for them. HSG isn't much better, but at least they put the teams they own into their own stadiums.
amokolia360

Post by amokolia360 »

Pete wrote:I'm a Chicago man myself

Bears
Bulls
Fire
Blackhawks
*pukes* I like minnesota teams...

How could you like the Cubs and the Sox ??? :?
dr-spangle wrote:Oh
Pete wrote:Spangles a dirty traitor
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Let's Bash the GSO
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

amokolia360 wrote:

Bears
Bulls
Fire
Blackhawks

because you can support anyone in the US, the rivalries are piss-poor compared to the UK...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
lachieboy

Post by lachieboy »

Craitman wrote:
amokolia360 wrote:

Bears
Bulls
Fire
Blackhawks

because you can support anyone in the US, the rivalries are piss-poor compared to the UK...
And Australia...

Where else can the two teams of players have a punch up because some yelled Queenslander?
King Lachlan the 1st
Pete wrote:I failed.
dr-spangle wrote:no ones murdered yet for micronationalism yet... notice the word yet...
St. Fenix wrote: OMFG Wu7 a N00B!11!
dr-spangle wrote:you just gave me an idea for a new sig...
Andreas the Wise wrote:KGB, anyone?
Lyam conDoin wrote: I haven't said anything of any real significance yet.
Craitman wrote:someone slap me
kingjames

Post by kingjames »

Or Man Utd V Liverpool Games, the police are on high alert, class A for those games. Though I suppose Galatasary are the worst in Europe, along with some of the idiots in Italy. Go to Galatasary with an opposing shirt on and you're bound to come back (or not..) having been stabbed.
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

Galatasary-Fenerbahçe games - love 'em.

some of the Brazilian ones are pretty rough too...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland