Update 10.7 (paint/claims)

Where the MCS officials will make notices to the general public.
Guido Zambelis

Post by Guido Zambelis »

peace be upon him.
Guido Zambelis
The Rt Hon The Viscount Eden KMNOP

Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Lovely

HM King Guy I of the Kingdom of Houland
(Formerly IS IT)
Craitman
Administrator-General

Post by Craitman »

may your god be with you...
Craitman H. Pellegrino CrA; CY; HGH; NM; SOB; WSA
FMF President
Lord of Humour

King of Cräiteland
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Ten-four Rubber Duck
I (yes that's me, Craitman) wrote:I'm just so quotable
Colonel Vilhelm wrote:Putting a claim into the MCS Administration Council is like sticking your Arm into a large peice of industrial machinery - it probably won't come out, but if it does, it'll have changed alot from how you remember it.
Swamp Candle

Post by Swamp Candle »

and yours with you
Craitman wrote:for a minute i thought this was Swamp Candle reopening an old topic...
Craitman wrote:time's fun when you're eating flies... :?
Craitman wrote:This isn't just any candle, this is a Marks & Spencer 18-year-old Sauvignon-Blanc roasted Swamp Candle.
Craitman wrote:you could always take your favourite wooden box style, change the spelling and and -land to the end...
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Post by Zatriarch Maximillideus »

It follows Orthodox right not unlike the Greek and Russian Orthodox churches, just only in Aramaic. I'm sure there are far more differences however that Comrade Max here shall fill you in about.
Indeed, Armen Effendi ;)
In fact, Matbaic Orthodoxy is equivalent to one of the Oriental Orthodox Churches, which include the Ethiopian, Coptic, Syraic, and Armenian Churches. They're monophysite, believing in a totally different relationship between the father, son, and holy ghost that the Greek and Russian Orthodox.
So actually, Greek Orthodox regard the Syriacs as heretics- we're very unlike the Russians and Greeks, who maintain what is known as the Byzantine Orthodox Rite
The MCS's new special maps cartographer and religious leader
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
lachieboy

Post by lachieboy »

:|
King Lachlan the 1st
Pete wrote:I failed.
dr-spangle wrote:no ones murdered yet for micronationalism yet... notice the word yet...
St. Fenix wrote: OMFG Wu7 a N00B!11!
dr-spangle wrote:you just gave me an idea for a new sig...
Andreas the Wise wrote:KGB, anyone?
Lyam conDoin wrote: I haven't said anything of any real significance yet.
Craitman wrote:someone slap me
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Yes. Don't worry about the ecclesiastical jargon. My explanation would be much longer without it though, I can assure you ;)
By the heavenly grace of God, our lord Jesus Christ, mother of God Meryem Ana Mary, the twelve apostles and the saints assembled in eternal glory, His All Holiness Zatriarch Mar Maximillideus Shedounah Idhwharioun I, 103rd Zatriarch of the Holy Orthodox See of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa, prelate of the Matbaic Orthodox Assyrian Jacobite Church of Micras and leader of the faithful of the true micronational faith.
Yes, I am a theocrat. How very perceptive. You got a problem with that? If not, visit the Zatriarchate of Matbaa at www.zatriarchate.uni.cc
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

chris288 wrote:Roman Catholocism is the largest single sect.
Protestantism is larger but it is a group of religions that have little in common other than a deep hatred for Roman Catholics.
Hey, watch out, Denomination is the word you're looking for. Sect is for the ones that are outside (ie JW's and Mormans).
Most protestants have nothing against Catholics now, it was just 5 centuries ago when they were stuffing up big time ...
And Max, all Christians agree Christ is the Son of God. If you don't, you're not a Christian, you're just a sect that happened to borrow the bible and some ideas. Christianity is, essentially, about Christ, Son of God, death and resurrection. Without those key portions, they're just not Christian ...

I could go into biblical interpretation, salvation by grace vs works, and purgatory, but I'll leave that for another time ...
The Honorable Andreas the Wise (NC)
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Novatainia
Lord of Magic, Novatainia
Duke of Lalaorn - Oscland
His Holiness, Cardinal of the Church of St Nova

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

Well, let's just say us Unitarians have a bit of a different definition of God. After all, Christ being son of a deist god is merely metaphorical.
Andreas the Wise

Merely literal ...
Unitarians aye? (Better wiki that ...)
Almost all knowing Wikipedia wrote:Today, many Unitarian Universalists do not consider themselves Christians, even if they share some beliefs quite similar to those of mainstream Christians.
Having various relatives as Pastors, I'd have to agree with them that denying the trinity or the divinity of Christ is not mainstream christianity, at best it is a sect ... under the standard definition of the word, anyway ...
No offense Max, but I've argued with too many atheists to let anyone get away with saying that Christ being the son of God is merely metaphorical.
I wonder if I still have the document it saved ...
Here we are:
CS Lewis wrote:'I am trying to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: "I am ready to accept Jesus as the great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on a level with the man who says he is a boiled egg - or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. '
~C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
You're welcome to your own beliefs, but I just had to throw Lewis' passage out there, he's such a good apologetic ...

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity
Zatriarch Maximillideus
Special Cartographer

No offense Max, but I've argued with too many atheists to let anyone get away with saying that Christ being the son of God is merely metaphorical.
Hey, hey hey- I'm an Anti Dawkinist just like you- I've had to argue with a good few Atheists in my time as well ;)
I just don't agree that Unitarianism is a cult. There is no confirmation of any kind, no strict dogma or ritual to be followed... we're a religion, just no way a cult.
Andreas the Wise

Sorry, did I say cult? I don't think I did ...

Sect would be the appropriate term. But I'm interested that people can take any sort of productive religion out of Christianity without Christ being the Son of God (which leads to the Ressurection, which leads to the whole point of Christianity) ... but I'm sure you've thought all this through...

What were your thoughts on Lewis' argument?

El Crrkhlmongo IV
Minister for Silly Walks
Minor Humour Deity